Code of Conduct

Default Anyone read this?

Wondering if anyone has read this book: "Perfumery - Practice And Principals" by Robert R. Calkin and J. S. Jellinek.

I seems like a pretty comprehensive book, but it is very expensive and I hesitate to buy it without getting any opinions. *I am actually most interested in finding a library copy but I haven't started that search yet.

RTbar

Default Re: Anyone read this?

youll prolly get more replies if u put the tile of the book as the title of your post

Quote Originally Posted by Eau Boy
    Wondering if anyone has read this book: "Perfumery - Practice And Principals" by Robert R. Calkin and J. S. Jellinek.

I seems like a pretty comprehensive book, but it is very expensive and I hesitate to buy it without getting any opinions. I am actually most interested in finding a library copy but I haven't started that search yet.
    [blue]Eau Boy,

I have it, and I've read it. I found it interesting and useful, but for about a quarter of the price, The Chemistry of Fragrances by David Pybus and Charles Sell, is more informative and in a more detailed manner, and, finally, it is a more satisfying book. I would go with the Pybus/Sell book that was also the topic of a recent post asking for books about the chemistry of fragrances. For what it's worth, The Chemistry of Fragrances comes highly recommended by Luca Turin.

scentemental[/blue]

Here is a decent price on the book scentemental recommended:

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Che...16107QQtgZinfo

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [blue]... for about a quarter of the price, The Chemistry of Fragrances by David Pybus and Charles Sell, is more informative and in a more detailed manner... [/blue]
    I ordered The Chemistry of Fragrances the other day, looking forward to its arrival.

xilonic