Code of Conduct

Default Not another Rive Gauche Thread!...EdT vs. Intense

I own both now...I was disappointed to discover that both scents seem to last the same length of time on me, but just the drydown/formulation is different. I describe the EdT has an even drydown, however the patchouli is more persistent in Intense.

Despite the same amount of time in the drydown, I prefer Intense because of its more prominent patchouli. Indie_Guy along with others, have received physical attack / compliments from the original but I prefer the Intense. Sillage seems to be better too.

Your thoughts???

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Not another Rive Gauche Thread!...EdT vs. Inte

I tried the Intense and enjoyed it. I wish I would have bought it when it was plentiful. Now i don't see it very much. It seemed a bit more powdery. I need to get a bottle.

I can see where you get a powdery note Indie, and yes I think it's probably because of the intensified patchouli. Somehow, the Intense reminds me of the smell you get when rain first hits the concrete, fresh, yet a bit musty, in just the right proportions. Definitely relaxes me throughout the day.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I have both. They both last about the same length of time on me too.

The difference is in the base notes, definitely. 'Intense' is like the original with a bass boost.

I don't think they have brought back the intense although I wished they would. I vaguely remember what it smells like. I have the original. They only complain I have is that I wished it was in a glass bottle instead of the tin.

Hmm...

I only have the edt and I have to use 8-9 sprays just for it to be noticable on me (past ten minutes or so).. It's odd because I've seen Indie_Guy write that MI has no lasting power for him, whereas I've seen no such comment about Rive Gauche. I have the opposite problem (MI lasts and lasts for me with only 3-4 spritzes) and had thought maybe next time I'd try Intense in the hopes it wouldn't have the same problem. Doesn't sound like that's the case, though.

I just received it in the mail yesterday, and tried it today. Three sprays and six hours later I can still smell it on me, but no one has bitten me

For some strange reason Rive Gauche Intense = Barbasol original shaving cream. Can't get over the association. Must be the patchouli :-/
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust