Code of Conduct

Default clive christian fans?

Any clive christian fans around or has it become old school? I have tried them all and decided that x is my favorite. 1872 is not bad for summer time though with the peach notes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: clive christian fans?

X is awesome. Buyin a bottle next week.
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree that X is awesome, and I like 1872 for more "showy" occasions. No. 1 is just plain out of my league, though I have worn samples. People looked at me funny... not sure why.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Yes I agree about No. 1. I worn at times and got doubletakes. I think it borders on female scent. Others call it sophisticated. One thing is for sure a little goes a long way and everyone notices it.

Clive Christian perfumes are all awesome because they are very expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom
    Clive Christian perfumes are all awesome because they are very expensive.
    ? I like X because it's a quality fragrance. I haven't tried many exorbitantly priced fragrances that I'd be willing to spend the money on. But this is not the situation with X. The juice turns me on.
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

I like 1872 well enough but don't find that the price of any CC fragrance is justified. I guess I just don't like them. I could get one if I wanted but its just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I like 1872 well enough but don't find that the price of any CC fragrance is justified. I guess I just don't like them. I could get one if I wanted but its just not for me.

Is it just me or does 1872 smell like Sandringham? I have only tried 1872 once but I recognized the scent in an instant. I can send samples out too those who want to compare (I only have 3 sample vials left) PM me if you are interested.

They are similar IMO...
    However, I like the 1872 better...just seems like its got more power to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I have sampled all three scents and love the 1872. I like the X as well but not as much as the 1872. The #1 was way too floral for me and seemed much too feminine for my taste. I have to say though that the 1872 reminds me of a more sophisticated and elegant Paul Sebastian for men. I may be branded a philistine here but I liked Paul Sebastian for men. Imo the 1872 is much more wearable than the other two scents. It seems more formal than the Paul Sebastian though,

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

I am interested in trying the X and 1872. I have only smelled the scents on cards - *:'(

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax
    I am interested in trying the X and 1872. I have only smelled the scents on cards - *:'(
    I've seen them at both Nordstrom and Neiman's. If you're near either one, go on in and ask... They're generally happy to make you a sample to take home or at least let you spray some on your skin. They need to be nice to push products at those prices...

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Too many people buy things ONLY/MAINLY because they are expensive(I am NOT saying ALL people). Same with, cloth, same with cars...
    I work in an extremely expensive shop so I know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    Too many people buy things ONLY/MAINLY because they are expensive(I am NOT saying ALL people). Same with, cloth, same with cars...
    Not me baby. I drive a 78 Ford pickup that ain't worth $3,000 and buy fragrances of all prices. But I love CC X regardless of the cost. Bloody ridiculous. We have people who damn fragrances because they're expensive. There are so few worth gettting excited about, if I find one I genuinely like, I'm damn sure gonna buy it. You tellin me if I go out and buy a Lamborghini Mallardo that I'm just doin it because it's expensive? Drive one and I guarantee you won't feel that way anymore. It's usually poor people who spend their time talking about this crap anyway because they've never been free to truly seek out the things they're curious about, although the desire lurks strongly inside of them. I've been filthy rich and dirt poor. I DO KNOW. *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

There was a man at the store I work at, who complained that we didn't carry Clive Christian. He even came back with his bottle of, I think it was N°1 for Men, to show us how "fantastic" the line was. He really couldn't understand why we didn't have it.

Yes, the packaging alone must cost a fortune to make... Yes, we could smell that it was made with high quality ingredients. I'm sure there is a "clientele" for this expensive scents, afterall we sell The Different Company's Bois d'Iris like hot cakes. But frankly my colleagues and I didn't find the composition of that particular scent that original, and overall I find the design rather kitch.

Maybe I should sample the rest of the line. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    [quote author=Musician link=1147641843/0#12 date=1147784742]Too many people buy things ONLY/MAINLY because they are expensive(I am NOT saying ALL people). Same with, cloth, same with cars...
    Not me baby. I drive a 78 Ford pickup that ain't worth $3,000 and buy fragrances of all prices. But I love CC X regardless of the cost. Bloody ridiculous. We have people who damn fragrances because they're expensive. There are so few worth gettting excited about, if I find one I genuinely like, I'm damn sure gonna buy it. You tellin me if I go out and buy a Lamborghini Mallardo that I'm just doin it because it's expensive? Drive one and I guarantee you won't feel that way anymore. It's usually poor people who spend their time talking about this crap anyway because they've never been free to truly seek out the things they're curious about, although the desire lurks strongly inside of them. I've been filthy rich and dirt poor. I DO KNOW. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    [/quote]

Hey Pluran, I wasn't referring to you, I said "many" people, not "all".
    The truth is that, if something is expensive and considered of "high quality", people would want to buy if first, then try hard to like it. I've been on many Ferraris, felt uncomfortable. Honestly I perfer to drive my mortal Golf in a trafficked city. But this is another story which doesn't have that much to do with what I was talking about.
    But again, I am not saying that ALL people will buy things only because they are expensive. I am not in that category for instance. I agree that in many cases prices do say something, but not all.

I agree that there are not many scents I would pay that much cash for, but X is one of them. Not just because it is expensive. I actually believe that after a hard day I dab a little on, sit in my front room and it relaxes me. Ladies love it also.

I LOVE #1, I was realy hesitant when I first smelled it, and at $670 for 1.7,but when I left the store, and this frag enveloped me, I ran back to counter to buy it, almost done with my first bottle,I will buy the Perfume next, perhaps even have them put a couple of diamonds on the bottle. It get's me more noticed than my fave Prada suit, or any Hermes hanging in my closet.

Post Thanks / Like

I received my sample of Sandringham from Vegas today and although I have not yet determined which I like better, he is correct in that they are quite similar.