Code of Conduct

Default Paco Rabanne Black XS

The silence has been deafening on this one on the Basenotes board. Apart from Otto's passionate endorsement and Miss Burr's quoted comments - 'stellar', with which I somewhat reluctantly agree - there has been very little to read on Olivier Cresp's latest creation on this board. I wonder why?

There's a little review here: http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20..._revie_10.html I've been wearing this beauty for a week in a row now and can't seem to get enough. It is young without being superficial, smooth without being made-to-please, and blatantly horny in an I-don't-care-what-you-think kind of way.

More! Give me more!
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Default Re: Paco Rabanne Black XS

It's ok, but nothing remarkable.I swapped my bottle away. It starts fresh, "apple ish",fruity with something sweet added. Targetted for young guys (18-25) I think. If you know the feminine D&G Light blue, than you will get the idea. It's less flowery than Lights blue with some sweet note in it. Hope that gives you an idea a bit.

Honestly, I felt like this was the most feminine male scent I have ever tested. I'm not saying that it won't work for others but I just don't feel comfortable at all wearing it.

Also, the whole "Black" concept of this one is, of course, bs. It's the most obvious example of giving the scent a popular name to make it more interesting. This is probably the least scent I would ever call "Black". I saw the black bottle, the name, the gothic-type writing and thought it could perhaps be something like Bulgari Black. I actually started laughing when I tested it. Not because it smells bad but because it's like selling a light-blue Ferrari. It's not that I don't like the car but at least make sure it's red...

To me it smelled more like lying on the beach on a hot summer day with a cool strawberry smoothie. I could associate many colors with that, except for black.

If you like it and feel comfortable wearing it, then I don't see why not. It's just not a scent for me.

It was a hit when was hanging out with 6th and 8th graders.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I would like it more if it was less woody!
    Good fruity/minty fragrance!!

I wear it when I'm in a good mood.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    I wear it when I'm in a good mood.
    i think the same,. i love this fragance,. its very sublime, delicate and comfortable....the first notes are very sweet, then in a few minutes theres something soft, creamy and nice to wear for any occasions.. 8-)

Strawberries!!! Very synthetic ones... lasts a good 8-10 hours on me with 2-3 sprays.

The only Male frag I know of that smells exactly like Strawberries. Good stuff! 8-)
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

mmm,. strawberries ? : not exactly to my nose, but there is something fruity and a light woody note...

No One Smells Roses Here?

Black, slim suit and shoes, white shirt. Black again the sunglasses and his briefcase. Inside that briefcase - Black XS ! This color has an entirely new meaning in our financial district.
    Last edited by narcus; 8th November 2007 at 11:54 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

This is a young scent for teens/college. I like it.

Thumbs down Re: Paco Rabanne Black XS

Has a Nice smell.. Manly? Definitely not!!!!

it's very sensual, and it would require a lot of confidence to pull it off, not for the faint of heart! i'm considering a purchase if i can find it for cheap...
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    it's very sensual, and it would require a lot of confidence to pull it off, not for the faint of heart! i'm considering a purchase if i can find it for cheap...
    I got a 100ml tester bottle of it from a Chemist Wharehouse store for A$40 some six or seven months ago.

I can't see that any confidence is required to pull it off - at the end of the day, it's just a light fruity scent. I much prefer the original XS.
    Renato

i had a bad experience with chemist warehouse, so i've decided to no longer buy from chemists full stop.

and crap, i'm actually talking about black xs for women, so disregard previous post. now that's a killer of a fragrence. i think i could almost pull it off, too...
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    and crap, i'm actually talking about black xs for women, so disregard previous post. now that's a killer of a fragrence. i think i could almost pull it off, too...
    I love Black XS for Men - how would you describe Black XS for Women?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

If you're just looking for supporters, count me in! This is a fragrance where the design concept is part of the package... That is, once I know the creative intentions, it fits, TOTALLY! I love it love it love it and every time I wear it someone says something about it. One of my female friends always says, "MMM!!! You're wearing THAT one again!" I love that Bois de Jasmin post and I believe there's another one at NowSmellThis.com if you are looking for more reviews of it. This is a VERY sexual scent. I'm all about it.