Code of Conduct

Default That smells like cat piss...

I have just finished watching on DVD a horror/thriller movie titled "The Locals" .
    ( here is a link : http://imdb.com/title/tt0387357/ ).Not very highly rated,but anyway I like almost everything from this genre.
    Back to the plot:Two friends are driving to a night party and they are following two girls which are going to the same place.In order to impress the girls,one of the boys asks from his co driver for his cologne.A pouch with cheap cosmetics appears,then a EDT spray ...The co driver sprays on himself and then reacts with horror,stating that smells like piss...the driver says that chicks at work love it ...etc,etc...
    The bottle was very clearly decipited,no doubts then.No need to add which fragrance was...
    My point is:the novelty that KOUROS smells like piss has been extended outside Basenotes! *;D ;D.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: That smells like cat piss...

I like how you said you wouldn't mention it and then a sentence later you cough it up. The whole time though that's what I was thinking. That really is funny though! Was the label with the word "Kouros" visible or would it only be obvious to people who know the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    Was the label with the word "Kouros" visible or would it only be obvious to people who know the bottle?
    Well,no,but even an amateur should not confuse the white bottle of the original Kouros with something else!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

If you're in Athens, you certainly know that "Kouros" is classical Greek for "lad, young man." Those beautiful statues were the envy of the ancient world.

Oh, and the wonderful Archaic Smile... Whatever you think of the fragrance, YSL definitely had some high-class marketing advice!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

ROFL!!

That sounds almost too good to be true! What a shame that film must be impossible to find in Europe, let alone in Spain...
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Reminds me of the time a friend called my Michael for Men "piss." I'll never forget that. It wasn't 'cat piss' or 'dog piss' or anything specific like that, just piss in general.

Not all piss smells the same brotha! (And I love that cologne, so if I smell like piss, so be it.)*

*ok maybe not
    Last edited by chris2005; 7th September 2006 at 04:49 AM.

Aramis smells like "piss" at the first instant it hits my nose. I like Aramis in general, and as a matter of fact I am wearing it today, but again in the first few seconds after the spritz (when the top notes are at their strongest and middle and basenotes non existent), I can never get over the idea that it smells like piss.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Hey guys, where you live people's piss smell like Kouros, Michael or Aramis??? You're so Lucky! ;D
    Don't waste money, start selling it!

I never really thought Kouros deserved all that: none of it stinks to me, not even the opening notes. (I don't LOVE it, but I don't hate it, either.) But to me, what REALLY smells like piss is Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur. *
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Yeah, somebody needs to post that clip as a Real clip or a Quicktime movie. Either on this site or on youtube.com

not to encourage another "Kouros and urine" thread, but have you ever noticed how the white bottle kinda looks like a urinal?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    not to encourage another "Kouros and urine" thread, but have you ever noticed how the white bottle kinda looks like a urinal?
    Yes, indeed...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

If anyone has ever smelt Skunk(the one you smoke like weed), it smells just like the drydown of Kouros, I think the base of Kouros reminds me of piss the top notes remind of the toilet cleaners.

I tried Kouros on at the mall the other day and my friend told me I smell like stale piss.

So yes...people outside BN have made the connection too.