Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Zino ... a version for young people?

Last week I smelled Zino for the first time. It was a very nice smooth smell with nice vanilla in it...

Then I realized some notes which remind me of an old people's frag.

Do you think Zino is appropriate for a guy at the age of about 25??

Which other frags are similiar? I think Paloma Picasso's Minotaure smells like it.... but I don't like it...

What do YOU think about Zino?? A frag with class...even for younger people??

Default Re: Davidoff Zino ... a version for young people?

It said to be Johnny Depps signature frag. And his timeless 8-)

i personally think terre de hermes smells like a toned down zino

Zeno is definitely an older man's fragrance, IMHO. That was my impression when I tried it.

xilonic

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of it as an old man's fragrance but then while I don't consider myself old...those of you who think this is an old man's fragrance probably do. lol. Its not a dated fragrance in my opinion which is the criterion I use when *I* say something is an 'old man fragrance'. I see it more like clothes... a young man can wear Abercrobie for some days and reasons but he can also wear a Brioni suit and feel good too. With Zino, I think it depends on your mood. Maybe not an everyday thing for sure though.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is an amber-y fragrance and since amber is formed from the sap of a tree and over hundreds of years it becomes fragrant and ready to be made into perfume...I guess you could call it an "old, old man fragrance"...maybe appropriate for a cave man. Good God, this stuff is totally awesome! It's not age specific just taste specific. Either you have taste or you don't. Simple as that. I was wearing this stuff when I was 20 something. In fact, I think I will order another bottle!

Thanks.

Zino is for a man who appreciates a great fragrance, it's timeless IMHO. Hands down it is better than alot of fragrances that have been released more recently. I didn't know Johnny Depp wore this, that's cool.

Good stuff. Dark without leather. Nothing really comes close.

You might consider Lalique pour Homme (Lion).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Zino is good.

Relax is better!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's the most classic Davidoff, IMO. And I don't think it's dated, or old, or whatever. I wore it to a concert on a date once, and it sure paid off!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Try Guerlain's Heritage, less intense, smoother, and without the harsher elements of Zino.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Smells kind of nice from the bottle but I just don't like this one, I find it feminin and I think I really dislike rose in mans fragrances.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Well, it is an amber-y fragrance and since amber is formed from the sap of a tree and over hundreds of years it becomes fragrant and ready to be made into perfume...
    This is wrong, of course. Mineral amber is formed from fossilized tree sap, but perfume amber is typically a blend of labdanum, benzoin, and beeswax (with any number of other ingredients.. frankincense, patchouli, sandalwood, and rose are fairly common, I believe).

That doesn't stop some amber sellers from claiming that perfume amber comes from trees, of course.. and no doubt some people get perfume amber and mineral amber confused and think they're the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon me but...I technically wasn't wrong. The Encyclopedia Britannica states:
    Amber

fossil tree resin that has achieved a stable state through loss of volatile constituents and chemical change after burial in the ground. Amber has been found throughout the world, but the largest ...

In another related article:

Physical Properties of Amber

A mineral is a naturally occurring homogeneous solid with a definite chemical composition and ordered crystalline structure. It is usually of an inorganic origin. Amber is not a mineral, because it has an organic origin and amorphous structure (no orderly internal arrangement of atoms).

As you can see, the phrase "mineral amber" is incorrect and really applies to regular amber, there aren't two kinds (except for the perfume kind that is whatever they want it to be). The term "mineral amber" in perfumery is an accord or chemical combination and not real amber. You are right about perfume amber...it can be anything a perfumer wants to call amber. I often find that perfumers say amber or ambergris (ambroxan) or whatever and I am sure it's not really in there.

In my post above, I was just trying to be funny. Sometimes it works and sometimes....