Code of Conduct

Default Poll: Where do you apply and wear your fragrance?

Did I miss anything?

Default Re: Poll: Where do you apply and wear your fragran

Quote Originally Posted by xilonic
    Did I miss anything?

Both sides of the wrist.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I checked "anywhere I like smelling" for the back of my hand. That is a nice, easy access spot for sniffing throughout the day without being obvious that you are smelling yourself.

Around the base of my neck

I remember reading that there are many scent receptors in your nose (and mine, I might add) and when they get full, you can't smell the scent that you are wearing. You will still be able to smell other things because there are different receptors for different scents. Here is the problem, if you spray too close to your nose, you will get a huge dose and fill all your receptors and pretty soon...you can't smell the fragrance at all! Or, it will disappear and then come back later when the receptors empty. Sounds freaky I know. So the solution is to wear your fragrance further away from your nose so you only get whiffs of it during the day not the heavy attack of a facial application. The recommendation was to wear it on your wrists so while you are moving around or motioning with your hand to someone you will get a whiff. Also, spray your tummy so that when you move and bend the air will carry it up to your nose. If you want to smell your scent constantly by applying close to the nose, it won't work. If you want to enjoy it all day, try wearing it further from your nose but accessable (feet would be a waste of good fragrance as I might point out the "nether regions" are also a waste unless you are expecting company). Good luck.

Kelley

Did I miss anything?
    Back of the knees
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Funny there's an option for coworkers. I always bring in a decant to work of whatever I'm wearing for a financially challenged coworker friend.

Did I miss anything?
    Mouth, anyone??

Neck, chest and wrists for me

You forgot your bum! j/k

4 Sprays everday. Neck/Chest/Shirt!

EnvYuS

3-4 Sprays, both sides of the neck, and one or two in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin
    Funny there's an option for coworkers. I always bring in a decant to work of whatever I'm wearing for a financially challenged coworker friend.

This was really meat to be a joke. Well, perhaps a semi-joke. Same with the dog - it it stinks really bad, might as well flavor your pet instead of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Here is the problem, if you spray too close to your nose, you will get a huge dose and fill all your receptors and pretty soon...you can't smell the fragrance at all! ... So the solution is to wear your fragrance further away from your nose so you only get whiffs of it during the day not the heavy attack of a facial application.
    Very true. If I apply a good scent that I enjoy smelling on my chest, so that vapors rise into my nose, it only works for 5 minutes. The immediate thought is to apply more, but then you risk suffocating the coworkers.

Did I miss anything?

I apply mine in the bathroom and wear it at work.

Inside of elbows during summertime wearing short sleeved or sleeveless clothes. It works very well!

Back of the knees
    Umm, do you expect to be lying on your back with your legs in the air?
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    Back of the knees
    Umm, do you expect to be lying on your back with your legs in the air?
    Aren't the back of the knees pulse points? I wear some colognes on the inner leg just above the knee, which I also think are pulse points. But I wear most on the wrist and from the neck to the top of the shoulders.

I scent my neck and wrists (sometimes my cleavage.) But also once got a little carried away with Fleur de The Rose Bulgare and sprized my Lhasapoo between his shoulder blades. The poor little guy went nuts! He writhed and wiggled on his back over the bathroom rugs. He'd stand up for a second or two, and then flip back over to fratically try to rid himself of the...stench.

Just yesterday, I received a decant of Oh, My Dog, which claims to be inoffensive to dogs. I was just curious...

Of course, his personal fav is Eau de Possum, from the road-kill series, in the 5 day old concentration.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Hmmm. Shycat has given me idea's. Here kitty kitty.