Code of Conduct

Default Confessions of Saint Augustine.....

What do you think Saint Augustine would confess to wearing? Also, what is your holy discovery?

Default Re: Confessions of Saint Augustine.....

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    What do you think Saint Augustine would confess to wearing? Also, what is your holy discovery?

Before his conversion Carnal Flower or Musc Koublai Khan

After his conversion Messe de Minuit

My holy discovery is Zagorsk

Let's see- St. Augustin

Before conversion: Idole by Lubin
    After conversion: "Kingdom" by AM

My holy discovery:
    currently it's
    Dorissima Narziss
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Whatever he would have worn would have probably been something simple to ease his confusion.

Probably some fragant oils.

My holy discovery is that being who you are is the privilege of a lifetime. As far as fragrances, Czech and Speake No. 88.
    Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.

Very interesting guys! Pluran, I cannot wait to recieve my scented strip of 88 in the mail. I hope I will like it! My Turn:

Before conversion: Kouros

After conversion: GIT

My holy grail has been and is GIT since it dubb thee my signature.

I like the thoughts on this thread too.

What I particularly like about Augustine is that his pre-conversion life, and his sexual relationship in it that he beats himself up over, is clearly not one of profligate libertine penis pinwheeling. It's clear this relationship was monogamous, involved great loyalty and emotional intimacy, and produced an apparently loved child. If he were my friend confessing his sin of this longstanding relationship over coffee on a Saturday afternoon, I'd put the whoa-buddy treatment on him. And all Western history might be changed. Thanks to me.

But anyway, I'd see the man in some light rose scent that might fit a North African southern mediterranean major commercial and population center. Like Diptyque's Opôné. Maybe something nice and fatherly like Philosykos as well. Or rurally bookish like another Diptque, Eau Trois.

After conversion, I think his aversion to the ephemeral things of the flesh would mean no smellies.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I like the thoughts on this thread too.

What I particularly like about Augustine is that his pre-conversion life, and his sexual relationship in it that he beats himself up over, is clearly not one of profligate libertine penis pinwheeling. *It's clear this relationship was monogamous, involved great loyalty and emotional intimacy, and produced an apparently loved child. *If he were my friend confessing his sin of this longstanding relationship over coffee on a Saturday afternoon, I'd put the whoa-buddy treatment on him. *And all Western history might be changed. *Thanks to me.

But anyway, I'd see the man in some light rose scent that might fit a North African southern mediterranean major commercial and population center. *Like Diptyque's Opôné. *Maybe something nice and fatherly like Philosykos as well. *Or rurally bookish like another Diptque, Eau Trois.

After conversion, I think his aversion to the ephemeral things of the flesh would mean no smellies.
    --Chris
    Nice thoughts! Bookish, hmnn, perhaps since he tought rhetorics, some CDG 2 would fit with the notes of sumi ink and dusty pages. The intersting thing is that I relate to Saint Augustine. He is basically a reformed whore confused about religion and love. He found the path of enlightenment though trial, error, and conventional wisdom. Manechianism was crazy, huh? Anyway, I have never read a more heart felt, altruistic book. Through it all, the long struggle to purge sins and cleanse the soul, I am glad he found Christianity.