Code of Conduct

Default Cyprus Musc: Longevity?

I tested this nearly a year ago and loved it. The problem is that it evaporated in 10 minutied off my skin. Perhaps it was a bad bottle but in essence I have two questions:

1. How is the longevity and is it worth the price?

2. Would Epicea be a better choice and if so, is Epicea to similar to selection verte

I asked #2 because the pine in epicea reminds me somewhat of the mint in selection verte. Can you justify owning both?

Default Re: Cyprus Musc: Longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I tested this nearly a year ago and loved it. The problem is that it evaporated in 10 minutied off my skin. Perhaps it was a bad bottle but in essence I have two questions:

2. Would Epicea be a better choice and if so, is Epicea to similar to selection verte

I asked #2 because the pine in epicea reminds me somewhat of the mint in selection verte. Can you justify owning both?
    I haven't tried Selection Verte yet. I think both Cyprus Musc and Epicea are very good coniferous scents and both last longer on me than most Creeds. If I were to chose between the two, it wouldn't be a problem: Epicea, definitely, even though I like Cyprus Musc. Worth the price? I haven't bought either one and likely won't. I would be more apt to buy Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso Toscana if I wanted a coniferous scent.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    [quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1147969079/0#0 date=1147969079]I tested this nearly a year ago and loved it. The problem is that it evaporated in 10 minutied off my skin. Perhaps it was a bad bottle but in essence I have two questions:

I haven't tried Selection Verte yet. *I think both Cyprus Musc and Epicea are very good coniferous scents and both last longer on me than most Creeds. *If I were to chose between the two, it wouldn't be a problem: *Epicea, definitely, even though I like Cyprus Musc. *Worth the price? *I haven't bought either one and likely won't. *I would be more apt to buy Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo *Cipresso Toscana if I wanted a coniferous scent.[/quote]

Hi!

I tried the ADP you refer to but on me, it did not develop and seemed rather linear. I might retest it. I have been craving a coniferous, old world colonge but altough not coniferous, I have about decidd to get the equipage. I have a sample of epicea here and love it! The problem is that the pine reminds me of the mint in my selectin verte, which lasts longer on me.

Interesting. I own Epicéa, have tested SV a few times and tested CM a month or so ago. I think Epicea and CM are both very distinctive. Wearing either of them, you won't smell like anyone else. That said, I think CM is the more distinctive of the two and has a dusky, resinous quality connoting the cones of a tree, whereas Epicéa has more of a sparkling spicy pine quality connoting the needles. My impression was that CM had average to below-average longevity, but that like many Creeds it was detectable on the skin in a nice way for a very long time.

I think you can definitely justify owning both Epicea and SV. I think they are significantly distinct from one another. In one sense I can see what you mean about the similarity, but do you feel that they are so similar as to be wearable (or at their best) in the same season? The general view is that SV is one of the greatest, most cooling summer scents; on the other hand, many people seem to see Epicéa as a primarily winter scent. I'd be curious to know what you think, especially about Epicéa's wearability in summer.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

I have a bottle of Epicea; this may be a minority opinion, but I find it more orange than coniferous; having said that, it's a complex scent, moss and all, and lately I've noticed that I like it better each time I use it. Staying power is good. I just would like to have it without the orange.
    As I mentioned to you, Ikkito, in some previous discussion, I'm very satisfied with Cypres Musc's staying power. Also, (and again it may be a minority opinion), I find it more needles than cones *It's a bit pungent, but the moss helps round it up (a bit). It's very, very coniferous, it doesn't get more coniferous than that. It's energizing, I like it, but not every day nor for every situation. I think it's worth owning. It's very different from Epicea. Ignorants may think you're wearing toilet freshener - who cares.
    On the other hand, Cipresso di Toscana is very balanced and wearable; nothing pungent about it, and noticeable rosemary and clarysage. Very pleasant, but shorter-lived than CM.

Interesting comments from everyone! I think epicea is wearable in any season. In fact, I will grab my sample today and throw some on. Supposedly, a lady is sending me a sample of cyprus musc and I hope to recieve it by early next week. I cannot wait to skin test it!