Code of Conduct

Default Sleeper frags??? Here's mine....

Essenza di Zegna.. I'm dead serious. Out of my collection, Essenza has received the most compliments. I get atleast one almost everytime I wear it. Not only from girls, but a few friends have asked what cologne I was wearing. I actually have grown to like it a lot more than I previously had. Some people might not think highly of it, but at this point it's a nice 'italian' type frag that people compare to AdG - although I disagree. It has similarities but I find it much better and not nearly as common which is a plus.

Default Re: Sleeper frags??? Here's mine....

Here's mine...

Luciano Soprani Uomo.

It's a nice. light, citrus/woody/vanilla scent. Sorta like YSL Live Jazz, only smoother, more refined, and without that irritating basenote that makes Live Jazz so irritiating to me.

If you like Live Jazz, give this one a try.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

CK Contradiction
    Davidoff Good Life

I'll go with Dunhill (2003). It's like Dolce and Gabbana with some Jack Daniels poured in. Very nice and smoooooooooooth!

I wish that everyone would have a chance to smell Black Jeans by Roccobarocco. It`s amazing scent in a cheesy bottle. (don`t let it fool you)

Amazing scent: Well balanced hybrid of D&G By and Casual Friday. Bitter, dry vanilla with weird licorice vibe. Animalic musk nuances at the bottom.

I`m quite sure this would be a hit in certain circumstances.

none. I use L'artisan candles to help me to sleep 8-)

Iceberg Twice. Twice.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Bazar by Christian Lacroix. *The reviews are God-awful for some reason... and I've even heard it called "another AdG", but it's so much more IMO. *Yes, it is an aquatic scent with fruity top notes, and I know that's the root of all evil around here, but definitely a nice sleeper. *

Perfume Emporium has some "friendlier" reviews. * *:P
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

NIKOS(not Sculpture!) by Nikos- Very hard to find, so I bought two bottles when I had the chance. It is in the Boss Bottled, Silver Shadow or Lacoste P/H genre, but much better than any of those.

Hugh Parsons - blue. It's understated, refined, and elegant in a very subtle way. It's like a combination of Gendarme and Green Irish Tweed but really better than both.

Davidoff Good Life. Everyone in my office likes it, male, female, young and old. That never happens. Caron L'Anarchiste is also well-liked.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    NIKOS(not Sculpture!) by Nikos- Very hard to find, so I bought two bottles when I had the chance. It is in the Boss Bottled, Silver Shadow or Lacoste P/H genre, but much better than any of those.

Funny you mentioned Sculpture Stu, I was just about to post on it. I think it definitely needs to be checked out. I think Verino PH is heavily slept on as well. It's a very beautiful, tea-based frag, maybe that's a good thing no one else is checking for it. It just means that there's more of it for me to enjoy for myself. Good thing I was able to find it, it is close to be extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlomo22
    Essenza di Zegna.. I'm dead serious. Out of my collection, Essenza has received the most compliments. I get atleast one almost everytime I wear it. Not only from girls, but a few friends have asked what cologne I was wearing. I actually have grown to like it a lot more than I previously had. Some people might not think highly of it, but at this point it's a nice 'italian' type frag that people compare to AdG - although I disagree. It has similarities but I find it much better and not nearly as common which is a plus.
    Agreed! Essenza gets a bit of bagging here, but I think it's a great spring/summer/weekend fragrance. Nothing like AdG IMO, it's more of a rich citrus/wood, and yeah, I kind of think it smells like a hot day in Italy. Speaking of Italian frags, I like this and Armani Eau PH WAY better than any of the other Armanis or Acqua di Parmas.

PS I have the intense version

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Armand Basi Homme, it gets alot of compliments.

Blog Entries

My props gotta go to KC Reaction. I've been wearing this for about a year & I get quite a few compliments on it. It's the perfect warm waether frag. I think too many people are jaded by the Ken Cole label.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Have you tried Zara's Man Winter? It's light, fresh and gentle. Simple but unique. Always gives me sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlomo22 View Post
    Essenza di Zegna.. I'm dead serious.
    All the recent polls started me thinking about great fragrances that mostly fly under our radar screens and escape our attention.

I recently discovered Essenza di Zegna and, ironically, it was the first scent mentioned in this thread.

What are your sleeper frags - the great unheralded ones that you love and we should all try?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Hugh Parsons - blue. It's understated, refined, and elegant in a very subtle way. It's like a combination of Gendarme and Green Irish Tweed but really better than both.
    Tried this on myself yesterday while at Ulta. Loved it...HATED it..and then admired it again. It really did a number on me and how it changed. The middle had me almost burning it off.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 1st August 2008 at 07:33 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I simply spray some musk onto my pillow.
    A nice and cheap perfume called Cotton Musk" at 7 euros.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Uomo? Moschino

I've found that both men and women like this one on me, and I have gotten compliments from many.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Amen to that! Hugh Parsons Blue is a fantastic cologne, the only problem I have with it is very poor sillage and abysmal longevity

Moods by Krizia
    Alain Delon Classic
    Pinaud Clubman
    Gianfranco Ferre

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I have only tried two of the ones on Dimitrios' list and agree with both of them: Moods and Clubman.

Now that I am at home, I can add others in my wardrobe that I consider to be sleepers:

Number Six by Caswell-Massey
    Sandalwood by Caswell-Massey
    Sandalo by Etro
    Devin by Aramis
    Jacomo de Jacomo
    Ambre by Cote Bastide
    Mediterraneum pour Homme by Proteo Profumi/Mediterraneum
    1818 by Brooks Brothers
    Caravelle Epicee by Frapin
    uomo by Krizia
    Jean Pascal Pour Homme
    HN Men by Harvey Nichols
    Santa Fe for Men by Aladdin
    Jako by Lagerfeld
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Adolfo Dominguez - Vetiver Hombre
    SMN - Acqua di Cuba
    D'Orsay - Arome 3 Tradition (not Arome 3)
    Jil Sander for Man
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 2nd August 2008 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlomo22 View Post
    I have this fragrance and its been out of my rotation forever. It is just not working, although better for hot weather in my opinion. Maybe I'll have to try it again.

I will agree with you 100 % on the comparisons to AdG. What are reviewers smelling ? But it is a very Italian scent, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Alain Delon Classic
    I looooooooooooove Alain Delon Classic. But, it's getting hard to find.

My sleeper is 1881/Cerruti. I haven't smelled this on too many people. Definitely under the rader in my social circle. But, when I wear it, I get stopped alot by people who give it accolades.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Dependent

edited
    Last edited by MFJ; 30th August 2009 at 07:23 PM.