Code of Conduct

Default L'eau de L'Artisan or Selection Verte?

Which do you prefer and why?
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Default Re: L'eau de L'Artisan or Selection Verte?

My verdict: both excellent. I voted SV better for a simple reason. I bought EdlA as a present for someone (so I didn't pick it for myself) but bought SV for me. Therefore selfishness has decided which I like better.

Both are indeed great. I've heard fellow members say neither lasts well on them, but I get fair to very good duration from notes in my SV. It isn't a sillage monster and a lot of its field flower freshness does dissipate, but I have nice mint lasting for substantial duration.

My mom got my gift of EdlA. It certainly lasts well on her. Fantastic smell. L'Artisan does eclipse so many grassy citruses with this release--easily teaching so much of the market how this should be done.
    Tough choice, Tuner.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I definitely think selection verte is the more unique of the two. It's an absolute knockout for hot summer days.

Selection Verte, period! There is no question about this!

Well, I have one on each arm right now and just voted for L'eau, but that was more to keep it close and see the results. I think both are exceptional and each is like nothing else I know. So for me, perhaps, it is a tie. One thing I do think is different is that the drydown of L'eau is very refreshing but has a "warm" feel to it, like dry grass, whereas SV's drydown is "cool" like a mojito. L'eau also seems to develop a lot more, while the citrus-mint of SV is pretty linear. Both seem to last well on me if I apply enough to start.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

I cannot stant the hay note in L'eau. It makes me think of being in a hay barn and sneezing. Totally don't like it. SV on the other hand is a dream!

L'eau L'Artisan,Selection verte is good, (pero como es habitual in Creed house,un poco pasado de moda,con reminiscencias del pasado :)well in a one word *D A T E D*
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

I haven't tried SV so I'm not gonna vote in this one, but I have to say that I really do enjoy the freshness of L'eau! I don't detect any hay, but lots of grass and mint. I think longetivity is the only drawback, but I keep a small bottle at work in case I need to "freshen up".
    Arte et labore

I will have to vote for selection Verte on this one. I am just now trying L'eau de L'Artisan and I must say it's a very good fragrance. I smell the lemon but maybe a little bergamont also. It's a little green. I cannot comment on longivity since I have only done a little to the back of my hand. However, this is the side where Selection Verte is lacking. I get maybe 4hrs on SV, but those are some very enjoyable hours.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I cannot stand the dry down of Selection Verte on me. I definitely love it upon first application, but I just can't stand it after some time. I'm not an expert to pinpoint what it is that I don't like. Sigh. I haven't tried LdLA.

I would say Selection Verte is much better. I tried l'artisan a while back and did not like it. SV is a take on the traditional eau de cologne with a tart lemon opening with mint and a base of ambergris and sweet pea. Hard to beat, but it is quite expensive.

Selection Verte gets my vote. L'eau de L'Artisan doesn't come close to the complexity and depth of Selection Verte and bores me to tears, I'm afraid. Selection Verte is very much a living fragrance to me. It goes through several stages before a glorious dry-down that stays on my skin for a very long time (16 hours) and accomplishes something that no other fragrance I've tried has insofar as the vivid images it evokes.

Selection Verte, but both good.

Sur la Plage

Selection Verte by far............................................... ..
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Let me preface by saying I do enjoy L'Eau de L'Artisan, in almost all of it's facets, but there is a "fruit smoothie" "mango sorbet" type note in there that I feel tilts it just barely too femme for me. Nonetheless an awesomely round, fresh, and yet still warm and inviting cirrus/green scent.

But c'mon, even the newer Selection Verte is in a different class...and as for the vintage, stronger floral/spicy/vine Selection Verte ? Which me and Anthony both enjoy from the same, long-lasting vintage batch.... It's in another stratosphere.

I also feel I should mention some other similar&worthy citrus/mint-predominant scents:
    Jacques Fath Green Water
    Molinard Double Fraicheur
    L'Occitane Verbena Summer Secret

deleted

---
    Last edited by deleted; 7th January 2011 at 02:21 PM.