Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Packaging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Packaging

Quick Question. I just received a new 4oz bottle of Erolfa from Fragrancenet.com today and noticed that the box didn't have all the little convex creed symbols all over it. Also, the crown logo above the fuzzy center logo is concave rather than convex. Lastly, the cap on the bottle is grey rather than blue. I had a 2.5oz bottle awhile ago and the cap was blue. The juice smells authentic. I've had it on my arm for about 2 hours now and it is still very potent. But, the packaging has me nervous. Anyone else ever dealt with unusual packaging like this before? I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow...but I'd like to sound well informed before I go off ranting like a lunatic. LOL

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GraySwan

Default Re: Creed Packaging

I can't find the thread right now, but I seem to remember that Creed uses a variety of boxes (they are sent to different venues). The boxes are supposed to be legit.

That may not be your case, I suppose. I have bought several bottles (not Creeds, though) from that place. They were all real.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I can't find the thread right now, but I seem to remember that Creed uses a variety of boxes (they are sent to different venues). The boxes are supposed to be legit.

That may not be your case, I suppose. I have bought several bottles (not Creeds, though) from that place. They were all real.

-ben
    Hi Ben-

Thanks for your help. I thought I remembered reading something about different boxes awhile back but try as I might I can't seem to locate the old threads by doing a search. Anyway, I'm 5 hours into wearing the Erolfa now and it does seem legit. I can't figure out why the grey cap instead of blue, though. There is no date on the back of the box which leads me to believe that it is of recent vintage....maybe they make some with grey caps. It's not a huge deal...but, still....I'm so picky about details....I wan't my dang blue cap to match the blue letters on the bottle! LOL

I've never bought Creed from Fragrancenet.com before...so I didnt know whether I could trust them or not. Thanks for giving me some feedback. I'll sleep a little easier now... even if I can't have my flipping blue cap!

GraySwan

ack.

swan if you do a search for "real creed" or "fake creed" or "creed arabic" or something like that you'll get a whole bunch of hits, going deeply into the intricacies of fuzziness, dates, arabic writing, etc. bottom line is if it smells real it probably is. but the only way to be sure is to buy from an authorized dealer.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    ack.

swan if you do a search for "real creed" or "fake creed" or "creed arabic" or something like that you'll get a whole bunch of hits, going deeply into the intricacies of fuzziness, dates, arabic writing, etc. *bottom line is if it smells real it probably is. *but the only way to be sure is to buy from an authorized dealer.
    Thanks liquid. *I'll give those search terms a shot. *

GS

Hope this is helpful:

I would not worry too much about the box. I think slightly older boxes are smooth, and it's only newer ones (I'd guess in the last 3 or 4 years) that have the raised 'three feathers' logo.

However, it seems odd to me that the cap is not blue. I certainly think it should be. I wonder someone has switched caps with another bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Hope this is helpful:

I would not worry too much about the box. I think slightly older boxes are smooth, and it's only newer ones (I'd guess in the last 3 or 4 years) that have the raised 'three feathers' logo.

However, it seems odd to me that the cap is not blue. I certainly think it should be. I wonder someone has switched caps with another bottle?
    Thanks Dante, that makes me feel better about the box. As far as the cap, I was thinking that same thing. Maybe they got a deal on some bottles without matching caps and just did the old swap-aroo with this one. It just bugs me though. The other thing I forgot to mention was that the little creed insert that they put in the box with the Creed Founders on it along with the accompanying little pamphlet was missing(probably fell out when they put the grey cap on! bastards!) I really feel the box was tampered with so I'm going to call & complain. I got a really fair price on the bottle, 4oz for 89.00(got a 10% DISCOUNT) and shipping was free...I just don't like thinking that someone put one over on me. Ah well, guess you get what you pay for.

GraySwan

I think this sort of thing highlights one of the drawbacks of Creed packaging, namely that they aren't cellophane sealed.

Happy to have been of assistance anyway.