Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default I just bought L'artisan Ambre Extreme blind...shit

Read the description and reviews from this site and from L'artisans site and it sounds like good stuff. Can anyone tell me what they think about this one?

Default Re: I just bought L'artisan Ambre Extreme blind...

I just received a sample of this a couple of days ago from Precious Cargo. I'm not the best or most descriptive reviewer, but I can say that Ambre Extreme is the best amber based scent I have ever tried! Strong, and on the masculine side (imo, of course). I dabbed just a drop on one wrist, and it was still wafting hours later. If you like amber, I think you will be very pleased with it. I intend to buy a bottle, myself.

That was a BIG blind buy. Hopefully you can sell some decants of it to get some of your money back, and more importantly, hopefully you like it! I've never smelled it but it does sound interesting. I myself tend to not love scents that are centered around ambre. I'd like to try it though at some point.

It´s great, check out the reviews in the directory.

MMM

I love Ambre Extreme, especially in cool/cold weather. It's one of my favorites along with Ambre Sultan and Ambre Précieux. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    It´s great, check out the reviews in the directory.

MMM
    Yes indeed. Great is a good word for it. Not exceptional though. Ambre scents are fairly easy to replicate and this one is wonderful for sure but I think there can be better. I will probably own a bottle in the future and I would deffinately say that you got a good fragrance but at the wrong time... Summer is comming so you might not get much use out of it. It is deffinately a warmer scent.

I think you made a good buy.

EnvYuS

I love it, a sweet, rich amber. I prefer MPG Amber Precieux, but this is probably my number 2.

I prefer it to the other Big 3 Ambers as it's a little deeeper, sweeter and rich. It's a superb scent and I know you'll love it.

Ok... so like I said I wanted to try it so I did today and I really like it! It is sweet, perfectly unisex, and would come off as warm and sexy on either sex. This is a pretty elementary way of explaining it but it's basically like Ambre Sultan without the annoying medicinal notes. I see this as a fragrance that is very easy to like. It isn't too complicated, which in this case is a good thing. I'm interested in buying a decant of it from you if that is possible.