Code of Conduct

Default No luck with fragrance oils

I was recently strolling through the Promenade in Santa Monica, and I decided to stop in one of those unique soap/scented oil stores hoping to find something unique I could add to my wardrobe. *After about 20 minutes in the store, I ended up buying nothing. *The store had some interesting unique blends and single notes, and most things were considered unisex, so I thought I'd find something I'd enjoy. *The problem is that everything either smelled very feminine or ghastly masculine. *The single notes were the same way as well, and although I got to finally isolate notes that are in some of my favorite fragrances, none of them smelled attractive on their own. *I left when my nose was shot and I began sneezing. *Has anyone had any luck finding any scented oils/fragrances that were pleasant to wear? *I'll be in Santa Monica again throughout June, and I'd like to know if there is anything I'm missing out on, since the store is unlike anything I'd find in my home town. *

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: No luck with fragrance oils

John:
    Bummer you didn't find anything you liked. I hate when that happens.
    I first started getting interested in oils when I read a few posts saying how nice and clean egyptian musk smelled. My search for that lead me into this scented side ofthe world that I pretty much ignored until now.
    Since then I've become aquainted with oils from Attar Bazaar, Madini, Common Scents, and Auric Blends. They all have a website and they all have been talked about here or at makeupalley.com (MUA). Most of these place have a nice sampling program or are inexpensive enough that buying a handful blind won't really break the bank.
    Enjoy your research and have fun!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"