Code of Conduct

Default Designer Scents vs Designer Fashion

I was just pondering this the other day. I own a lot of designer scents (Dior, Dolce, Gucci, etc) and none of the clothes. For the most part, I can not find their fashions. If I do, there much too expensive to buy. On the other hand, I wear a lot of cheaper designer fashions (Perry Ellis, Claiborne, Calvin Klein) but none of the fragrances. I find most of their scents to be cheap and throwaway.

Anybody else think the same thing?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Designer Scents vs Designer Fashion

if they're american designers it doesn't mean that they are cheap or throwaway, only because dior d&g are imported it doesn't have to mean that they are better (I could never figure out their hefty price tags). simply wear what you like, I live in Europe and it is a lot easier to get designer stuff here but I still like Calvin's clothing. Simply wear what fits you and looks good no matter what designer

Default Re: Designer Scents vs Designer Fashion

Minus the great expense, many designer clothes are just too over the top for me to consider buying. *Unless it is something conventional like a suit, a lot of designers are inspired in an artsy-creative direction where I can't tell if they are putting out the next big fad or a complete embarrassment. *Therefore, I do enjoy wearing Claiborne and Calvin lines because they are pretty down to earth and casual, and are of good quality as far as I can tell. *I don't wear many fragrances from Claiborne, Perry, or Calvin, but it isn't because I don't associate with these brands. *There is a chance one of these designer houses can knock my socks off some day with a fragrance, but it just hasn't happened yet. *Mid-range designer fragrances are very popular and have wide appeal, so things like Gucci and Dior might appeal to us B-Noters over stuff, for example, CK, because less people wear these things. *I tend to favor that over simply considering mid-range designers to be cheap with their fragrances - ever tried Obsession? *Though probably before most of us were born (sarcasm), even Hugo Boss has produced some winners, so while it may seem true that we have a lot of high-end fragrances, I do not believe it is because mid-range designer frags are cheap.