Code of Conduct

Default Tea for Two --> overrated?

I know this is a HUGE favourite here but is there anyone else here who is not a massive fan?

I personally find it to be a bit too sweet, femine and linear to be a top contender for me.

Anyone else have any views?

Default Re: Tea for Two --> overrated?

NEVER!!! ;D

It is not very sweet at all and is a deffinately subdued with a smokey note to keep its feminine sweetness under control. I love this stuff and it is perfect for a romantic evening worn by either sex. I would never say overrated because I am one of the most crazy about this one. There is not much talk about this one at all so I don't see how many people are rating it too high. Furthermore, I have found that this one is liked by almost all people who I've been around while wearing it. I'm even wearing it now.

I would never say this is overrated because this is my love, and there is nothing to suggest it would be. You may not like it but that is your thing. Overrated... I think not... ;D

EnvYuS

I see absolutely no sweetness whatsoever in this scent. Linear, yeah sure. But still brilliantly well made, intresting and full of integrity. Hence, I wouldn't say it is overrated.
    I was not immediately attracted by it, but it has grown on me (sadly I have only a small sample) and now I am beginning to think that I will eventually love it. Great scent.

Get in here, Envyus! Tell us how much you love it!

;D ;D

Haha, you beat me to it while I was typing! I knew I could trust you, EnvYuS!

Quote Originally Posted by geastrum
    ;D ;D

I'm sure many people will already expect to see my response to this thread before they open it just by reading the title. They know I will have something to say... I say nay!! ;D ;D

EnvYuS

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    [quote author=geastrum link=1147726911/0#3 date=1147728166] ;D ;D

I'm sure many people will already expect to see my response to this thread before they open it just by reading the title. They know I will have something to say... I say nay!! ;D ;D

EnvYuS[/quote]

Just for fun I reviewed your last 100 posts- fully 14 or 15 percent of your posts make mention of T4T.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

i think it's rated just about right. quite beautiful, though perhaps not entirely practical.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Not too sweet, not too feminine, a little linear. I like it a lot, although I don't wear it much. Not overrated, just has some enthusiastic fans.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

I don't think its over rated....its a really well done scent

That said......I don't want you to feel alone in not loving it. I used to love it.....I hoarded bottles and then just like that.....it lost its mystique for me. *It was "too much" of a scent ~ all of a sudden.....and that's weird from me....the lover of Amouage......ouds......& hard hitting men's scents......but for what ever reason.....my tatses changed.....

So ......let it be said....it doesn't matter if a thousand people love it...& laud it.....if its not for you.....ITS NOT FOR YOU!!!

Don't worry about reviews......i find my tatses run against the grain quite often

I'm surprised you find it feminine. To me, Tea for Two resembles a high quality pipe tobacco.

#

All respect to the basenoters who love this (and who am I to call this overrated given its disproportionate popularity and appeal with most of us here) but I'll stand with you on this one "red rose". I can't stand the tea/smoke notes together, it's too strong given the mixture of notes it has, and it made my stomach turn a few times when i applied even a little bit more than was required. Just goes to show you, every scent has its detractors no matter how popular it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rose
    I know this is a HUGE favourite here but is there anyone else here who is not a massive fan?

I personally find it to be a bit too sweet, femine and linear to be a top contender for me.

Anyone else have any views?
    As I wrote here last Friday when I first smelled it - it's nice, I like it, but there's nothing remotely masculine about it.
    If I had it I can see a use for it - it would probably be pretty good to wear to some meeting of a feminists' collective.
    Renato

Another Tea for Two fan here. I think it`s absolutely great scent. IMO it`s completely unisex.
    It is linear without great qualities of development, but it`s simply put unique, intoxicating scent. Extremely well made and balanced.

Funny how the niche scents I tend to like best are the ones that I think would smell absolutely killer on a girl! This and Chergui are the main ones that come to mind. This is just as sexy as Kouros (if not more) but in the complete opposite way! Expanding on that comparison, I'd say that Kouros will make girls want to have sex with you whereas TfT will make girls want to marry you. This stuff lasts for soooooo long, and for the type of scent it is gives off the perfect amount of sillage. The sweetness is delicious and if you inhale really deeply you can get quite possibly the nicest whiff of tea you will ever smell in a fragrance.

I appreciate why others like it but I don't. It's too much like the smell of smoke on your clothes after a night out.

I think Tea for Two is a great fragrance but it very closely resembles the smell of cooked dried plums (compote made of dried plums and other dried fruit is a very popular Christmas dessert in Poland). The same goes for Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal.
    Now, even knowing that the correct association is Lapsang tea -- and having drunk it -- I can't help but feel like I spilt a bowl of dried plum compote on myself everytime I wear Tea for Two. On the plus side, it makes an excellent Christmas fragrance.

I think its great, but my girlfriend and little brother both found it a little blah, less interesting than my other L'Artisan, Dzing!. My criticism, which I have made before, its Tea for Two's limited application. I know many would disagree (cue Envyus) but i can't imagine wearing this unless it were snowing or pouring, some kinda percipitation to justify T42's incessant coziness. Inclimemt weather is a must- I consider it an umberlla frag

I'd wear it anytime, but I rarely do. It's an excellent fragrance. My girlfriend loves it.

Blah? It definitely ain't blah.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

No I do absolutely NOT think it´s overrated. However, like many from this house, it isn´t terribly practical. More like a bottle of liquid avant-garde ambiance. Great strength as well.
    MMM

When I hear or read the word "overrated" I... never mind. :-X
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I enjoy this fragrance but the smokey note is just too strong for me to wear this one regularly. I love the honey and tea mixture and if the smoke wasn't so overpowering I think I would wear it all of the time.

I really enjoyed it at first but then I realized that something about it reminded me of Eau Noire, which I don't like much.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    When I hear or read the word "overrated" I... never mind. *:-X

...ditto...!!!