Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Questions

Default Creed Questions

Following on from a previous Creed post, I have the following questions:

I just picked up a bargain bottle of GIT (120mL for A$85) after Renato's post - thank you!

The bottle, as mentioned by someone else earlier, appears to have been destined for an Arab country, as it has an arabic insert.

What exactly does "Millesime" mean? If I intend to purchase more Creeds (Bois du Portugal, for example) do they come in two versions?
    It has a year on it - 2003 - was this the year of manufacture, and if so, will it be OK? (Certainly smells fine)
    The box says in French - founded in London 1760, established in Paris in 1854. What is the history behind this fascinating house? They don't appear to have a website - a google search only reveals hits for sales.

Oh and by the way, it smells fine - more like Floris JF than Cool Water to my nose. My wife loves it.

Anywhere in Sydney that sells them, for all you aussies? I'm going there this weekend. I know the Melbourne division of Harrolds has them (after DNA shut down) - I was hoping the Sydney store would too?

Thanks

ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Creed Questions

Here's the official site:

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/

"Millesime" is a line of their fragrances with special qualities, you can find the description on that website.

I can answer a few of questions for you:

Creed website: http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/

Millésime: French for vintage or year

2003 will be fine, assuming it wasn't kept in the sun for the past couple years

If by 2 versions you mean the packaging differences because of the Arabic insert, as far as I know they produce many different packages/inserts for different destinations.

Might want to look in the duty free perfume shops at the airports, assuming the airport you're in has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    Oh and by the way, it smells fine - more like Floris JF than Cool Water to my nose. My wife loves it.
    Yes, GIT was created in 1985 and Cool Water's composition was in parts inspired by GIT.

Though sometimes it's Creed which is inspired by other scents, like for example Original Vetiver which smells very strangely almost identically like Cologne Mugler.

If by 2 versions you mean a Millesime version and a non-Millesime version, no there aren't 2 versions.

It does get a littel confusing because they make a Vintage Tabarome and Tabarome Millesime, as well as Vetiver and Original Vetiver...now I'm confused :P

vintage tabarome and vetiver are old scents from 50 years ago or more. creed have released newer scents based on these significant notes which are more in keeping with modern fashion called original vetiver and tabarome millisime. they also still produce the old ones.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Speaking of 'Millesime,' how exactly do you pronounce this? I took francais in high school and I still remember the general rules and such, but I honestly don't know how to pronounce it. Any idea?

PS - I was going to tell you how I pronounce it, but I remember Abraham's famous quote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

"Millésime"=mee-leh-ZEEM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca