Code of Conduct

Default Moving (collections)

I'm currently living in the USA and have been offered a job in Sweden. So now I'm face with the prospect of moving a 200+ bottles collection across the pond. Has anyone ever done this before? Any tips?
    My major concern is Swedish import tax/customs tax. Do any Swedish Basenoters know what tax rates are for importing fragrances?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    G

Default Re: Moving (collections)

Just on the top of my head. Maybe you can ship them to your addres in sweden, as a gift? If thats cheaper? If it isnt. Bad idea

Post Thanks / Like

If you are questioned about it by customs, I think you have a perfect explanation and justification in that the bottles are used, you are a collector, and you don't want to bring them in for re-selling purchases. They already belong to you, just like furniture or all of your shirts, or anything else one might collect, and you don't bring them to Sweden in order to deprive local sellers of any business. In fact, since I am a collector, my dear customs inspector, it is very likely that I'll be purchasing further amounts of fragrances from local sellers in my fine new country of residence.

I say pack them up just like you pack up your pots and pans and put them on the boat. A collection like any other and an easily explained and justified one.

Good luck at all turns, Gavinchy!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    If you are questioned about it by customs, I think you have a perfect explanation and justification in that the bottles are used, you are a collector, and you don't want to bring them in for re-selling purchases. *They already belong to you, just like furniture or all of your shirts, or anything else one might collect, and you don't bring them to Sweden in order to deprive local sellers of any business. *In fact, since I am a collector, my dear customs inspector, it is very likely that I'll be purchasing further amounts of fragrances from local sellers in my fine new country of residence.

I say pack them up just like you pack up your pots and pans and put them on the boat. *A collection like any other and an easily explained and justified one.

Good luck at all turns, Gavinchy!
    --Chris
    Yep, I'd have to second that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like

Just tell them you are Dan Brown's personal assistant and that you will give them complimentary tickets to the premier of the Gavinchy Code when it opens in Sweden. When they lock you up, you can ask them to contact me to look after your collection until you get out.