Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Storage

How do you organize your bottles, decants and samples? As I progress in this crazy hobby, I have recently found myself ordering items that I ALREADY HAVE! I'm in the process of entering everything I have into my wardrobe, so that "might" take care of the information problem.

But still some questions:

1. Does anyone use a separate database to keep track of their fragrances? Or is that just too much trouble?

2. Physically, how do you store your decants and samples? Does anyone have any neat storage solutions? In particular, I have enough samples now that it may take me quite a while to rummage through my sample box to find something.

Thanks!
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

Default Re: Fragrance Storage

I don't have any trouble forgetting any scent that I own as far as inventory is concerned, I wouldn't order it again by mistake, but what I forget is perhaps an acute impression of what the scent smells like since I own quite a bit now, but the BN wardrobe section really helps in keeping inventory. It can be impressive in seeing a whole column of everything you own on one webpage!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but those little plastic holders that 9mm ammo comes in would be just perfect for sample vials. I'm going to have to keep those next time I go shooting.

I too am well supplied with samples and decants (176 as of now) as well as 63 bottles. The one crucial thing to remember is to keep them out of the sun. I have them randomly listed in a little notebook and each day I randomly select which to give a full wearing. And each day as I test/wear it I add it to my wardrobe here with a ranking.

LOL, I use those plastic ammo containers as well. You would want to use the .45 caliber, the 9mm ones don't hold many of the wider samples, as it is the .45 will not carry the Mugler Cologne samples I have. I'm still looking for a better way though, maybe something that could hold the samples at an angle, like the holders that people use in scrabble but on more of an incline. Any ideas?

You need to kep them in a refrigerator. About 10 degrees celcius is good.

Many here are afraid of doing this. I have no idea why. It is well-known that this is the best way to store them.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

I never forget what I own anyway but I use the basenotes wardrobe function to get a glimpse of all my stuff in a more organized manner.

I keep them on shelves in a closet. If you lay them down in a row then you will be golden. No need to stand them up because they will just fall over when you brush you hand against it while reaching for a sample behind it. I lay them down in a row and rummage through them every now and then to remind myself what I own.

Store in closets for be results IMO. Draws move and so will your stuff. It will get all out of wack in your order will be shot to hell from one use of the draw. Cool and dark is best for it as well. Closets are the ideal place.

EnvYuS

Ammo case! I completely forgot about those! Years ago, I used to collect GUNS unit my wife decided that she did not like an arsenal in them house. Fragrances are much safer.

Good ideas here! Thanks!

Any more??
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....