Code of Conduct

Default Purchasing Creeds online

I want to order a bottle of SMW, but I'd rather not pay the department store price of $175. I've found that PerfumeBay.com sells it for $60, has anybody ordered a Creed from this site? I want to make sure I'm getting an authentic product, not a concentrated one or fake.

Are there any other sites you've ordered discounted Creeds from and had good luck with?

Default Re: Purchasing Creeds online

I've bought several Creed scents from Scentiments.com...they are the source for me.

My dealings with both Perfumebay and Scentiments have been excellent.

I haven't, but have ordered other fragrances from perfumebay.com. I've never had a problem with them. Shipping can be slow if you're on the East Coast, but that's the only negative imo. I ordered my Creed from Bond No. 9. The 50% off sale may still be going on. Scentiments is good (slow shipping.) I'd say parfum1.com is my favorite (low prices, quick shipping) followed by Perfumebay and Scentiments (when parfum1.com doesn't have what I want , those two usually do.) I've gotten fabulous deals on testers, in plain boxes (with caps) from all three.

Thanks!

I think I'll get it from PerfumeBay as Scentiments appears to be out of SMW.

Do Creed testers come with the beautiful cap?

Most of my Creeds have come from http://www.fragrancenet.com - always a good deal since they qualify for free shipping and they will email you a coupon code for another 10% off. Only downside is delivery will usually take a week. If you want it quicker try http://www.theperfumespot.com, pay a little more and get it faster since they usually ship same day.

Both of these are highly recommended. I've ordered many times from each of them.

I buy creed at 50 % from creedirect on ebay or from the bond street store in ny at half price

I woul order from www.theperfumespot.com if I had to but, the only one I would not order from an online store is SMW since QC is sometimes an issue with this one but not to the extent that Neroli Sauvage is. I order from neimans these days to avoid all the arabic/denatured/questionables that may arise.

As far as I know, the Perfumebay testers have caps.

Perfumebay has been excellent, super professional EXTREMELY good prices and fast delivery - Top notch!

MMM

Scentiments has great deals. THe only problem is that Creed scents are not in stock very long.

Where is the Bond Street store? How about the quality of these fragrances?

[I ordered my Creed from Bond No. 9. *The 50% off sale may still be going on. *[/quote]

From the store in NYC or from a website? I'm coming to NYC at the end of the month and plan on visiting the Bond store.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Ok now I'm curious...

I found Himalaya on Perfume.com for around $70 for a tester....is that something to avoid, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    Ok now I'm curious...

I found Himalaya on Perfume.com for around $70 for a tester....is that something to avoid, or not?
    I would go with scentiments they have himalaya for 73 tester 83 non tester. They are genuine and seem to have the best reputation from what I've read here.

I ordered my creed from www.fragrancenet.com

You can find and use your 10% discount code here:

http://www.momsview.com/fragrancenet.shtml

Thanks for the help and the coupon info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    I want to order a bottle of SMW, but I'd rather not pay the department store price of $175. I've found that PerfumeBay.com sells it for $60, has anybody ordered a Creed from this site? I want to make sure I'm getting an authentic product, not a concentrated one or fake.

Are there any other sites you've ordered discounted Creeds from and had good luck with?
    I would be very wary buying SMW online, personally I would buy it from a reputable establishment for the reason ikkitosennomusha stated. It hurts when you have a bottle with juice paling in comparison to the authentic formula, take this advice & play safe...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Make sure you ask the retailer you choose to purchase from if what you are getting is EDT or Millesime. For instance, at Scentiments, they DO NOT have SMW in Millisime, but only in EDT. I know this because I asked them. But their GIT is available in Millisime. Always always always ask the retailer if it is EDT or EDP if it is not noted on their web page, just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by fearful symmetry
    Make sure you ask the retailer you choose to purchase from if what you are getting is EDT or Millesime. For instance, at Scentiments, they DO NOT have SMW in Millisime, but only in EDT. I know this because I asked them. But their GIT is available in Millisime. Always always always ask the retailer if it is EDT or EDP if it is not noted on their web page, just to be on the safe side.
    To my knowledge, SMW & GIT only come in Millesime strength.

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...ime_fragrances
    Let your nose be your pilot

On the bottom of my GIT bottle with small dark letters: Toilet Water. On the box forefront: Millesime. Strange thing: it should be EDP and not EDT (=Toilet Water) because all Millésimes are officially in EDP strenght.

An other thing: it should be MILLÉSIME, but on my box: MILLESIME. I checked a lot of pics on Internet and I saw the same fault there too.

Fragrance is ok, no doubt, it's an original one. As I can see, this lot of GIT was made for Arab countries, but ended his way in a warehouse in the USA :-). That's why that enclosure in Arab language.

Quote Originally Posted by fearful symmetry

OK...now i'm getting more confused.

Here:

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/se...ml?id=TybycPoE

Says that both are EDT, but you're saying I want EDP or Millesime?

Scentiments.com seemed to be selling EDT as well.

:-/ CONFUSED :-/

Sorry for the confusion.

When talking about Creeds I use EDP and Millesime (spell) interchangeably; I know I shouldn't and it's an inaccuracy but its habit for me.

You don't want EDT because it has more alcohol content and therefore doesn't last as long. At authorized creed retailers (like parfums raffy) you will never find GIT or SMW in EDT. However, large discount stores often carry EDT's of these and other creeds. If you think that these are errors and they really are Millesime, go ahead and buy them...to be honest I've never bought them sold as EDT so I can't speak for the accuracy. But for the money (even at discount) I would avoid it.

I considered buying from scentiments (I consider them reputable) but when I thought about replacing my empty GIT and SMW bottles I thought it sound judgment to call them and ask them about this. They told me that their GIT (what they had in stock at that time) was Millesime but their SMW was not but only EDT. Again, I have never purchased a Creed sold as "EDT" but it was enough to scare me away, especially considering the "only-average" longevity of my beloved SMW!!

I feel you, I really do, SMW is fantastic but pricey at $175. I pay that much for it anyway. When I bought my first Creeds (MI and Himalaya) from Perfume.com (Millesime strength) I had no issue with quality or longevity (I have purchased them since from authorized dealers) and they smelled no different than others I have purchased since. The bottle date was older, that's all. I choose to buy from authorized dealers because I don't want the occasional lemon that passes through those places and the subsequent inconvenience for replacement. You can't be sure with large discount places because you can't be sure of their methods of storage. If the box your creed came out of was stored in the lit portion of their storage, or in a heated area (or whatever) you might get the lemon. You take a chance, but like I said, I personally got good bottles when I went through perfume.com.

Good luck

Thanks tons for the info!

Sorry about the delay in my response, I was at E3.