Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Fragrances

Are there any hidden sites or places to purchase L'Artisan frags for something other than full listed price? This is my first wearing of Voleur de Roses and only 1.5 hours into it I am ready to buy if there were a discount site that carried it but not quite ready to pay full price (that very well could change if as the day goes on it gets better). I have to say I have never ever been fond of floral fruity fragrances (wow that's heavy alliteration without even trying), but right now I am loving the dark earthiness of Voleur de Roses. I also loved the one other L'Artisan I have tried so far Dzing! Maybe I'm a L'Artisan man.
    Anyway my questions are

1. Any places sell L'Artisan cheaper than full price (Internet site or not)

2. I have samples and decants of L'Artisan

Mechant Loup
    Navegar
    Passage d'Enfer
    Patchouli Patch
    Timbuktu
    Tea for Two

Now am I really missing something you think I also need to get my hands on to sample in addition to the ones above?

When taking into consideration I loved 2 for 2 L'Artisans so far, I may just need to take a weekend trip to a boutique somewhere. I think I read there is one in New York.

Thanks for all the good advice.

Mark

Default Re: L'Artisan Fragrances

Dzing!

I agree that Dzing! is woefully Mzing!

^

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I also loved the one other L'Artisan I have tried so far Dzing!
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Definitely ya must try Bois Farine!

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    ^

[quote author=markc link=1147439711/0#0 date=1147439711]I also loved the one other L'Artisan I have tried so far Dzing! *
    [/quote]

oopsy, kinda just skimmed markc's post and saw the potential for a lame pun. Got a little overexcited by that i guess.

A great place to shop for L'artisan's is the Perfume Shoppe. It's a Canadian store with a great website.

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/Scripts/default.asp

Prices are in Canadian so that means with conversion you get a much better deal.

Have fun and good luck.

I can't believe that I forgot to mention Ebay. L'artisan's are much more affordable there. You will find many just keep watching. If you are looking for t4-2, you will need to wait a while but it will show up.

Premier Figuier is another one you have to try.

If you go to www.beautycafe.com you will get 10% off your order if you put 'Basenotes' in the coupon code area. I think its still valid.

Other than that, i don't think you will find any L'Artisans at a discount. Maybe Ebay....if you like taking risks!

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Premier Figuier is another one you have to try.

If you go to www.beautycafe.com you will get 10% off your order if you put 'Basenotes' in the coupon code area. I think its still valid.

Other than that, i don't think you will find any L'Artisans at a discount. Maybe Ebay....if you like taking risks!

Jeff
    Believe me, I know about risks and ebay. And sometimes it is nuts with the bidding. There is a bottle of VDR on there right now that is not even full and at the pace the bidding is going, it is going to sell at higher than the brand new bottle price. Sometimes I wonder why I even look at ebay when shady things like that go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Definitely ya must try Bois Farine!

Definetly!! I love Tea for Two, but Bois Farine is just yummy

I second beautycafe.com. 10% off, free shipping if the order is over $85 (I think that's the amount), and they have a great sample program.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

paintrman, have you looked at exchange rates lately? CDN$120 is about US$108 right now, so it's basically a wash. Very sad.

I'd recommend trying L'eau de L'Artisan (a wonderful grassy take on citrus with a lingering dry-grass drydown) and Safran Troublant. As for Bois Farine, I sampled it recently and, to paraphrase the second Terminator, "I know now why you wear Bois Farine but I can never do it."
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Don't forget that the L'Artisan line is going to be repackaged and repositioned as a more expensive line, starting with the new Fou d'Absinthe. Most of the fragrances are going to be 10 euro (about $15) more expensive.

L'Artisan picked a new marketing director that used to be at Serge Lutens, which could explain why 50ml (1.7oz) edp bottles are going to be the same price as the Serge Lutens (excluding the Haute Concentration edp).

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Don't forget that the L'Artisan line is going to be repackaged and repositioned as a more expensive line, starting with the new Fou d'Absinthe. Most of the fragrances are going to be 10 euro (about $15) more expensive.

L'Artisan picked a new marketing director that used to be at Serge Lutens, which could explain why 50ml (1.7oz) edp bottles are going to be the same price as the Serge Lutens (excluding the Haute Concentration edp).
    Wow, thanks for the info, cedric, coming from you it must be accurate. I guess it's time to stock up then!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

What a load of BS! >

But knowing me, i'm sure i will still purchase a bottle of FdA. I've been anticipating its release since first reading about it.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Mure et Musc is worth a try too.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    [quote author=cedriceccentric link=1147439711/0#13 date=1147457251]Don't forget that the L'Artisan line is going to be repackaged and repositioned as a more expensive line, starting with the new Fou d'Absinthe. Most of the fragrances are going to be 10 euro (about $15) more expensive.

What a load of BS! >
    [/quote]

This got my attention. So, whats the real deal!!!

It's no joke, we received a new price list from L'Artisan at the shop I work at. Everything will become more expensive in the coming months.

It's no joke, we received a new price list from L'Artisan at the shop I work at. Everything will become more expensive in the coming months.

How much are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    [quote author=cedriceccentric link=1147439711/15#18 date=1147522693]It's no joke, we received a new price list from L'Artisan at the shop I work at. Everything will become more expensive in the coming months.

How much are we talking about?[/quote]

Already posted in the thread:

It is a shame about both the package redesign and price increases.
    I think their fragrance bottles are among the best in the business. They look great and I love their atomizers. As for the price increase, I also fear it could mean re-working some beloved scent to further help the bottom line. :'(
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    It is a shame about both the package redesign and price increases.
    I think their fragrance bottles are among the best in the business. They look great and I love their atomizers. As for the price increase, I also fear it could mean re-working some beloved scent to further help the bottom line. :'(
    I agree. Don't like the new bottle and that new stopper is ugly as hell.

Keiko Mecheri did also recently uglify and shrink their bottles and raise prices. Dont like this "trend" at all. >
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I smelled FdA today (see under that topic if you want to read about it). Both the Boutique in Soho, NYC, and the SA at Neiman's here in SF said the 100 ml. bottle of FdA (the only size available for now) will sell for $125, which is $15 more than the current 100 ml. size price of $110. All the 50 mls. will go from $75 to $85 and the Extrêmes will go to from $125 to $135 for 100 mls., no idea about 50 ml. for those.

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

L'Artisan just raised their prices less than 2 years ago! They used to be $65 for 1.7 oz and $105 for 3.4 oz. There is no reason for these huge price increases.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    L'Artisan just raised their prices less than 2 years ago! They used to be $65 for 1.7 oz and $105 for 3.4 oz. There is no reason for these huge price increases.

Yes there is. Its called MONEY! >