Code of Conduct

Default Ungaro III thoughts

I wore this for the second time this past Monday. The first time I wore it, it was on a very cold afternoon. I could barely smell it, I thought it smelled good but kind of dry. This time around I got a better feel for it, it was sorta windy on Monday. I apllied it around the base of my neck, maybe that's why I was able to smell it more this time around. I don't think it's as dark as most people say it is, but that does not take away from it's great smell. It doesn't seem that strong to me for some reason, maybe it's my nose. Just posting my thoughts, does anyone else feel the same way about this frag???

Default Re: Ungaro III thoughts

Perfumes are drugs. The only reason I smell them and wear them is because I like them and they make me feel good. Generally speaking, if you wear them for any other reason then you probably need to see a therapist.

"You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

I have recently fallen in love with UIII. I agree that its not the "deep, dark" scent many have made it out to be. The top notes are fresh without being boring - a little floral and just enough citrus to make it pop. I think of the top as kind of "wet" - it fits perfectly on a rainy day. This might be what others identify as its "dark" quality. The basenotes are very light, but I've had people comment on them 6+ hours after application. The base is a delicate blend of sandalwood, maybe a touch of patchouli, and very light spice. It never shouts and never completely disappears. I think UIII is unmistakably masculine, but in a gentle and versatile way.

Has anyone tried the bodywash? I'm not usualy one to buy the extras in a fragrance line, but I'm thinking this one would be good.

I thought this one was discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I thought this one was discontinued?
    I thought the same thing. Now it appears in the directory that I and II are discontinued and III is not. I thought it was the other way around.

I believe it was re-released recently with new packaging. It is still on the Ungaro website with a full product line listed.

Bought U III blind and was completely underwhelmed by it. It's very average. Needs to be less dry and more floral and there's too much patchouli in it, IMHO.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Wow look how cheap it is on ebay , I thinks I should get this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNGARO-III-Ung...QQcmdZViewItem
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

It's very average. Needs to be less dry and more floral and there's too much patchouli in it, IMHO.
    That it is dry, not floral and has patchouli I would agree but I like it because of that. As to average, average would imply a similarity to other fragrances? I find it distinctive, not average.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

It grew on me quite a bit lately. Always found it mediocre but tainting it with memories (or tainting some moments with it) opened a door.

I`ve never thought about this as a "dark" fragrance. I don`t think it`s rose dominated scent either.
    It`s not awfully strong scent, but in my (100ml) bottle there`s a very abundant spray. Maybe that`s why I get (with 4 shots) enough power and sillage. : It lasts a decent time on me, but it isn`t super long-lasting scent at all.

I like this scent a lot after all, although it`s far away from my top 10.

The bottle that I own has a dark violet top instead of the marble colored top I seen on the net. I must have the newly packaged Ungaro III. Anyways, the only darkness I sense in this frag is the pepper note. After that drys down, I consider it a light fragrance. I would have liked to purchase Voleur d'roses, but I can't afford it.

A recent thread about Ungaro III included the revelation that it's yet another fragrance that has been altered, and not for the better. Reading that made comprehensible the disparity between some of the descriptions I'd read and my own experience of it.

Roxoff

A recent thread about Ungaro III included the revelation that it's yet another fragrance that has been altered, and not for the better.
    There is mostly nothing but wild speculation about that.

I asked before: "how many people have gotten the newly packaged UIII and compared it against the old?" and I got no response.

Mine has a black cap and came in a marble box. Thats the "old" one, right?

I know that the cap was changed. The older version of Ungaro III sported a marble-violet cap. I can't tell you if the juice or the box has been altered(I never owned this cologne until now). I don't think the cologne has been altered though, just instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy
    Bought U III blind and was completely underwhelmed by it. *It's very average. *Needs to be less dry and more floral and there's too much patchouli in it, IMHO.
    If it was less dry, more floral and had less patchouli - well, it wouldn't be Ungaro 111 that we were discussing, but some other scent.
    It doesn't need to be anything - it just is what it is - liked by many (weirdly enough, I like it) and disliked probably by a somewaht greater percentage than average.
    Renato

Mine has a black cap and came in a marble box. Thats the "old" one, right?
    That is what I have and I bought it some time before there was any mention of new packaging. It looks like this:
    http://www.fragrancex.com/64797.html

Looking at the Ungaro web site the only thing different that I can see about the new packaging is the box.
    http://www.ungaro.com/

Basenotes though, shows a different bottle:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121630.html

Here is another view of the Basenotes type bottle with packaging. It seems their modus is to change the box and cap while leaving the bottle alone.
    http://www.perfumemart.com/749-Men.html?;;cjxml

Bought this gem in Paris in december and it is my best buy in a very long time. To me it is an instant classic which will always be in my collection. Great bottle - even greater scent!

Mic.