Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari pour homme Extreme

Hey guys, I just tried this today and I'm liking it a lot. It smells clean and fresh in a simplistic way. However, I can't quite place it, but it smells very familiar to me. Was this a popular fragrance during it's release? It reminds me of a scent that I smelled a lot during High school, maybe about 3-4 years ago. I'm not sure that everyone would be sporting Bvlgari, but this scent is either very familiar to me, or something is very close smelling to it. Any ideas?

Default Re: Bvlgari pour homme Extreme

I'm not crazy about it. But I don't like soapy frags.

Not to get on a soap box, but soapy frags just puzzle me. I don't want to smell like soap. BG Ext makes me smell like I took a bar of hand soap, started to wash my hands, but never rinsed off! It's not a bad smell but to me, but doggone it, soap is for the bathroom. It's just odd. Like leaving a resturant smelling like steak sauce.

Nice bottle though! ;D

There is no Nose....

Hm, that's an interesting prospective Olfa! I generally feel the same too, I wonder why these days I'm suddenly in the mood for something fresh. Maybe it's the heat or maybe it's all the packing/moving I had to do today, but the Bvlgari just hit the spot.

It does seem like a waste to get something that smells like soap -- maybe that was the smell from my high school memories, some generic soapy smell. (Also, starting to think the Bvlgari and KC Black have something that smells similar) However, I get a clean cut and professional feeling with this fragrance.

eeeww did not like it much, its just Bulgari PH gone bad, I can't stand the strong Grapefruit note, if it was toned down i could like it. The sillage on it is amazing, a friend wore it once and i could smell him from 30 feetaway.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Blog Entries

What do you gus think about Bulgari Black? I love it. Others?
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer
    What do you gus think about Bulgari Black? I love it. Others?
    Me too! My favorite frag. Actually works in warmer weather too!

I really like Bulgari PH but it feels too mature for me so I don't wear it a lot. The Extreme version is too weird... it's not as subtle as Bulgari scents are in general and I don't like that.

Hm, I thought it was clean smelling, so good for all ages. And I also detected the "amazing sillage." I thought that it was just the heat, but I noticed it a lot more then other scents, especially when I was waving my hands around.

I don't like it, and neither did anyone who came in contact with me the day I wore it. *This is the only fragrance that someone actually commented that they didn't like it, and I simply laughed and agreed. *It smells like old ladies and cigarettes, or better yet, old ladies smoking cigarettes. *This is Bulgari Bingo Hall Extreme if anything! *Definately check out Black though, it is a real winner. *

Personally, I love it. It's clean and fresh with citrus and rosewood and musk. It lasts a long time compared to regular BPH which has more pepper. I have worn it for a few years now and regularly get compliments on it. As you can see from the above comments, if you got it, you would stand out in a crowd.

I love it. The grapefruit feel comes from the lavender and petigrain, but that's okay by me because I like grapefruit, and usually I get more of a lemon-pepper lavender feel from it. I never have used lavender soaps, so I don't have that association. Too me, it just smells like a very physical man....perhaps a construction worker.... who has taken a quick and not so thorough shower, and put on clean clothes to go out. It's that tension between dirty/sexy and clean/fresh that gets me. Really gets me. [smiley=happy.gif]
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Thanks for your input everybody! Hm, guess there are some pretty mixed sentiments. It might just be my mood lately -- I seem to want a fresh scent. I guess I'll get a new outlook after a pause and see if I like it enough to make the purchase.

Also, I didn't really smell the "grapefruit" association, but I did get a soupy citrus. On drydown, I do detect something similar to a woody rose. Maybe that's what gives the old lady vibe to some?

Hm, maybe I should test the original Bvlgari pour Homme as well, but it seems most say that longevity really is an issue. I'm not sure I like scents with too much pepper, as I wasn't a fan of Azzaro Visit. Also, I'll try Bvlgari Black someday (soon I hope!), but I'm nervous about purchasing the fragrance because of the bottle horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega
    I'm not crazy about it. *But I don't like soapy frags. *

Not to get on a soap box, but soapy frags just puzzle me. *I don't want to smell like soap. *BG Ext makes me smell like I took a bar of hand soap, started to wash my hands, but never rinsed off! *It's not a bad smell but to me, but doggone it, soap is for the bathroom. *It's just odd. *Like leaving a resturant smelling like steak sauce. *

Nice bottle though! * ;D *
    haha this is exactly how I feel about Mugler Cologne. Viscous feeling.

It's a good scent. Clean and polished. Makes me think of a white dress shirt.

I wore Bvlgari Black yesterday to rave reviews from my wife.

I think the whole Bvlgari men's line of scents is very good. No real losers.

The only one I've never owned is BLV Notte.

I like it a lot. The original version is great too. I'll get it later.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Bulgari PH is actually weird on me when it comes to longetivity... at first it seems like it has no longetivity at all... then suddenly later on the day, you smell it. It's kind of a "skin-scent" that stays very close and smells very natural and clean. Funny thing is that if I go out in the sun or run just enough to get heated up, it just pumps out so much sillage that it's just waaayyy too much! It sneaks up on you when you least expect it...

I actually tried Bvlgari pour Homme today. The longevity is not as long. Also, it doesn't seem to come off my skin that much. It stays very close to the skin, but smells like the Extreme version. I think I like the Extreme version better. There's amazing sillage.