Code of Conduct

Default summer collection

what warm weather frag would you definately have in ur collection this summer? me....cdg soda

Default Re: summer collection

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien, Santa Maria Novella Melograno, Dior Higher and Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil are among my summer faves.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Azzaro Chrome, Polo Black, Ck Crave, Claiborne Sport, Aramis Life, Versace Metal Jeans, Versace Jeans Couture, Cool Water Deep.

Still thinking but it might include some of the following

M7 Fresh
    Always Aramis
    Friends Moschino
    Eternity Summer Ck

but than again who knows, with so many novelties every day...

Cool Water, Live Jazz, Chrome, and Neroli Sauvage... Don't have any more of the creed but I want a bottle someday...

EnvYuS

Cdg Soda for me too, along with Kenzo Ph, Live Jazz, BLV Aqua and Tommy T for day wear For night time use I will go with Hermes Concentree D'orange Verte and Eau Sauvage.
    That is one hell of strong summer rotation, huh?

All I have right now is Kouros eau d'ete but I plan on trying and picking up one of the following: Terre d'Hermes, L'eau par Kenzo, Live Jazz, Kenzo ph Fresh and then whatever else the S.A. at Sephora recomends because I need something interesting for this summer that is a bit more subdued than the Kouros. So we shall see.

Blog Entries

CK Eternity Summer, TM Cologne, Clinique Happy, Azzaro Chrome, Creed OV & SMW, Ken Cole Reaction
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Gendarme, Live Jazz, Lanvin L'Homme

This was going to be the summer of Clean Men and Creed's Erolfa...I love them and I already own them.
    But then the weather really has taken a turn for summer, when a (not so) young basenoter's fancy turns thoughts of using that as an excuse to spend some money on fragrances....cut to me ordering Mugler Cologne and Mure et Musc (both the original and the extreme!).
    Hurrah summer!!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    This was going to be the summer of Clean Men and Creed's Erolfa...I love them and I already own them.
    ....cut to me ordering Mugler Cologne and Mure et Musc (both the original and the extreme!).
    Hurrah summer!!

Disagree with Clean, it is short lived and expensive (I was so pissed off at Dlish) I love citrus and soapines but the longevity was like 30 minutes not longer

Mugler Cologne well I tried it the other day in the heat and was not too happy with it, it turned musky. It has very little initial citrus kick to begin with and then in turns musky imo not very good for the heat

Eau des Merveilles, Mugler Cologne, LV Uomo and GFT will be the core of my collection this summer.

Bulgari Acqua reminds me of Summer!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    All I have right now is Kouros eau d'ete but I plan on trying and picking up one of the following: Terre d'Hermes, L'eau par Kenzo, Live Jazz, Kenzo ph Fresh and then whatever else the S.A. at Sephora recomends because I need something interesting for this summer that is a bit more subdued than the Kouros. So we shall see.

$5o says she will recommend Lacoste Essential. Why you gonna solicit advice from someone who knows nothing about scents except which one she's assigned to move. Trust the boards, my good man! Everybody here knows these frags better than the Sephora SA and nobody here is trying to sell you something you don't want. As for my summer, it smells like this.... for now ::

Bvlgari Aqva, Live Jazz, Claiborne SPORT, m7 fresh & Davidoff Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=Rapture17 link=1147080419/0#6 date=1147140225]All I have right now is Kouros eau d'ete but I plan on trying and picking up one of the following: Terre d'Hermes, L'eau par Kenzo, Live Jazz, Kenzo ph Fresh and then whatever else the S.A. at Sephora recomends because I need something interesting for this summer that is a bit more subdued than the Kouros. So we shall see.

$5o says she will recommend Lacoste Essential. Why you gonna solicit advice from someone who knows nothing about scents except which one she's assigned to move. Trust the boards, my good man! Everybody here knows these frags better than the Sephora SA and nobody here is trying to sell you something you don't want. As for my summer, it smells like this.... for now ::

Bvlgari Aqva, Live Jazz, Claiborne SPORT, m7 fresh & Davidoff Echo[/quote]

Because, depending on the S.A. (I realize most are entirely useless for finding anything interesting and that doesnt posses the label of Polo, Lacoste, Armani, of Boss) but Ive actually had some luck with S.A.s being helpful when I tell them exactly what I want. Or at least I have at a local Perfumania. Although, assumingI can find it and Im not underwhelmed, I think Im going to pick up Terre D'Hermes when Im in Dallas
    next week. But we shall see.

And, I do trust the boards its thanks to basenotes that I discovered the CdG brand and a few of my othere favorite scents so its not like im turning a blind eye.

Rapture17, If you are considering Terre, why not sample Eau des Merveilles before making the decision? I much prefer it!

CdG Soda, Calamus, Tea, Harissa
    YSL Live Jazz
    Gobin Daudé Sous le Buis, Sève Exquise
    Carven Ma Griffe
    and of course any of my various Vétivers!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Leau par kenzo pour homme
    Guerlain Vetver
    burberry brit
    Bulgari pour homme

Agua Lavanda by Puig(wonderful light splash when its too hot for anything else), Creed Neroli Sauvage & Original Vetiver, Dior's Eau Sauvage & that old standby Muelhens 4711.....just for starters.

GraySwan

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    Rapture17, If you are considering Terre, why not sample Eau des Merveilles before making the decision? I much prefer it!
    Thanks for the recomendation. Ill be sure to try Eau des Merveilles before I make a choice.

Chrome
    Millesime Imperial
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Live Jazz
    Unbound
    Mugler Cologne
    Bvlgari pour Homme
    Platinum Egoiste
    Polo Blue
    Echo Davidoff

8-)
    David and Becca forever!!

*Creed Bois de Cedrat* and *Little Italy Bond No 9* the best for summer IMO
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Terre d'Hermes, Eau de Christian Tortu, Guerlain Imperiale, Caswell Massey Lime... a lot of citrus

I second the notion of not listening to S.A.'s! Especially at Sephora. Nordstrom S.A.'s can be good, but are quite inconsistent. God I got a bad one the other night at Sephora! I was looking at the Guerlains, and I asked if they had any others than the two shown (I was dissapointed that Habit Rouge wasn't there), and he points at the two shown respectively and says all too confidently "The two Guerlain scents we have are Vetiver and Paris." The second one was L'Instant. The good news was that he got really embarrassed and stopped following me around trying to tell me to try the new summer version of Issey.

L'eau de L'Artisan
    Philosykos
    Citta di Kyoto
    Millesime Imperial
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

during the day: Creed Chevrefuille Original, Crown Spiced Limes, signa ricci signoricci, Montale Fougeres Marines.

at night: Silver Mountain Water, Touch Grigio Perla.

I always have a tough decision to make on a day with hot weather...Tommy T, True Star, CK One Scene, Givenchy BL, Crave, Fierce, Chrome, Unforgivable, Candies, and when it comes in, L'eau par Kenzo. I have a big collection of bubbly-fresh-fruity things because, well, I'm young and enjoy them! I usually wear D&G in the evening, and Emporio Night or Magnetism for summer nights. I guess you could say my whole wardrobe minus M7!

rite on basenoters,
    looks like we are all in for a great summer
    new west
    havana
    le roy soliel
    unbound
    platinum egoiste
    peace
    R-

Eau de Campagne, Sisley (superb, very very classy)
    Body Kouros, YSL
    Eau d'Hadrien, Annick Goutal
    Eau Sauvage, Dior
    L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme
    Citron Citron, Miller Harris

Hermes Terre d'Hermès

Bois farine. Yes, Bois farine. Its just so subtle and comforting, that it doesnt matter when you wear it

Live Jazz

Detaille Escrimeur
    PdN Vetiver
    Penhaligons Douro

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

If you can get away with Bois Farine, then you should be able to manage Safran Troublant, also by L'Artisan... and also subtle. Notable notes are saffron and vanilla.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

I find the following quite appealing for summer:

Annick Goutal * Eau d'Hadrien
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Cartier Declaration
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Chanel ** ** Pour Monsieur Concentree

CK one scene, Live Jazz, Desire Blue, Acqua Di Gio, and lacoste cool play.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by tt
    what warm weather frag would you definately have in ur collection this summer?
    - Neroli by Czech & Speake
    - Divine Bergamote by The Different Company
    - Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma
    - Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I think I might be the only guy on Basenotes who ever talks about *Neroli* by Czech & Speake. *I love it. *I have always had a thing for the neroli note, and this is a truly fantastic, long-lasting neroli. *I really enjoy wearing it, and I get lots of compliments when I do. *After depleting three decants, I finally decided to buy a bottle.

Bergamot is another of my favorite notes, and *Divine Bergamote* might be a benchmark for the bergamot note. **Divine Bergamote* probably gets talked about a little more than *Neroli*, but not much more. *I get great pleasure from wearing wearing *Divine Bergamote*. *Besides the bergamot, it is also spiced up with a little ginger. *I bought a bottle of this one also, after finishing off two decants. * *

And also Philosykos by Diptyque!