Code of Conduct

Default The NEW Bvlgari Thé Rouge (red tea)...

Today I bought a new one almost blind.

It's called Bvlgari Thé Rouge. It's a unisex frag and it's NEW and came out after Aqva Pour Homme.

I am wearing it right now and find it very particular and quite a "liner" scent, but I am liking it very much. It's a little on the femminin side(in a CK One way) but not too much. I think it's good for both men and women.
    It has notes made of red tea and some green and black teas from east, which are very reffreshing and a little bitter and some vanillic, honey-like notes which give it a warm sweet feel. The notes are quite rich but don't seem to change or develope through the time. Smells like a bitter-sweet symphony.

At first I thought it was a very light fragrance given the "tea" name(like Bvlgari Thé Vert), but to my surprise it has VERY good sillage and VERY good lasting power.

All in all it's an odd fragrance, it's non-conventional, but I am liking it very much for now. It sure make you smell like TEA, but in a good lovely way.
    People will call me "thirst-queching guy" from now on. ;D

:P

Default Re: The NEW Bvlgari Thé Rouge...

Now you should buy yourself some red tea to drink. Red tea is not only very good, but it doesn't contain teaine (sp) so you can drink it in the evening with no fear of not sleeping.

I'm very curious to sample Bulgari Thé Rouge.

It´s great! Very original, smells like pure roiboos (sp) with a tad of vanilla, very refreshing & natural+ it was much cheaper than most of the bulgaris. I experienced it to be very light though. An exiciting new launch. This house should not be dismissed yet.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    It´s great! Very original, smells like pure roiboos (sp) with a tad of vanilla, very refreshing & natural+ it was much cheaper than most of the bulgaris. I experienced it to be very light though. An exiciting new launch. This house should not be dismissed yet.

MMM
    Is it cheap? oh it's 40 Euro / 50ml... I think that's just pretty standard pricing for an average disigner's frag, here it's 1 euro less than Allure Homme Sport... since I went to the sport to get the Allure Sport changed with Thé Rouge, that's why I know... ;D

to cedriceccentric(I copy-pasted your nic :), ha ha you are right, this Thé Rouge reminds me of the real red tea so much that I got some red tea wearing this scent this afternoon. ;D

wow =-o i am so excited to try this one. i fell in love with white and bought green and although it has only gotten warm enough for me to appreciate green once it seems to be a great springtime frag and i am SO excited about red

have only drunk rooibos once in my life though i think

it was late at night and i was concerned about caffeine

but i enjoyed it

honey hmmm i hope that works for me

what about the LONGEVITY ??? it seems that is a light/soft fragance and could be a point of risk ..

Quote Originally Posted by omniray
    what about the LONGEVITY ??? it seems that is a light/soft fragance and could be a point of risk ..

On me it lasts very long, although the scent doesn't change much from when you have sprayed it. It just becomes less "pointy" and "fresh" and gets a little sweeter, but the tea note is ALWAYS there.
    If you look for extremely masculine scents, maybe this one's not for you. But if you look for some delicious tea-like scents which makes people want to smell it more and more, than go for this one.
    As a fragrance it's not weak at all, it has good sillage and pretty strong, I even recommend not to overspray it.

ps: don't overspray it or you won't sleep at night because of the teaine. ;D

Default Re: The NEW Bvlgari Thé Rouge (rea tea)...

im sure that will be loved by many in this forum eheh ,. good point, im very curious to feel the smell, the bottle is nice,. very femenine : and balanced in the concept. ill try to test it soon, maybe BLV unisex fragances are oriented to more masculine ike Blv black.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    It has notes made of red tea and some green and black teas from east, which are very reffreshing and a little bitter and some vanillic, honey-like notes which give it a warm sweet feel. The notes are quite rich but don't seem to change or develope through the time. Smells like a bitter-sweet symphony.

At first I thought it was a very light fragrance given the "tea" name(like Bvlgari Thé Vert), but to my surprise it has VERY good sillage and VERY good lasting power.

All in all it's an odd fragrance, it's non-conventional, but I am liking it very much for now. It sure make you smell like TEA, but in a good lovely way.
    People will call me "thirst-queching guy" from now on. *;D

:P
    Thanks for letting us know about this. I like my Bulgaris very much and I will definitely be looking into this one.

The sample I have feels a lot like a reworked Thé Blanc offering from a few years ago. Maybe on a clear day, with lots of sun, I'll appreciate it more. Right now it's kind a powdery - I don't detect much red tea at all. Kind of fem. Not for me. At least not now.

MMM
    I think it is spelled Rooibos actually (I had to do a search). This is what scares me about this scent I yet haven't smelled. The Comme des Garçons scent Sequoia reminds me a bit of Rooibos, a smell I'm not sure I love. There is a hint of iron in how it tastes (rooibos) and that is something I transfer to the smell as well.
    Do you know if it has been released in Sweden? None of the stores who carry Bvlgari has even heard of the release yet. I actually got Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc today, and they had Au Thé Vert as well, so Rouge should be there anytime now... They mentioned a summer scent for women coming in mid-April, but no word on Au Thé Rouge, dammit.

Shifts: It´s available at Arlanda Airport, the only place I´ve seen it so far in our country.

Musician: Here it was sold at a lower price than the others, the standard airport price for a 50ml bulgari is about 40 euros here, whereas this one went for like 37 and it was 75 or 100 ml (!).

It has this wet paper accord that is very hard to describe, definitely original.

MMM

I found it to be tepid and not very memorable. Too bad as I've been hoping for something from Bulgari to lure me to its products.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Default Re: The NEW Bvlgari Thé Rouge (red tea)...

MMM damn you! I want to fly over and pick up that 100ml bottle! Damn it every new designer fragrance here is so expensive instead!

Anyway, I tried it whole day long today, I have to correct myself: its longevity is not "super", but not weak either. I think it's just about "standard". It's pretty long lasting on me but not SOOO much. It has a VERY good sillage though.
    I just kept liking it through the day and I think it smells more like some japanese/chinese black tea than the actual "red" tea.
    This is definitely a fragrance for tea lovers. If you like teas, you will LOVE this one and memorize the scent immediately, but if you don't like teas, it will be a little bit unusual for you.
    Anyway try it yourself. Personally I prefer the initial notes more than the drydown, since they are a little less "sweet", but overall it's a very good work by Bvlgari.

M.

ps: first day out with Thé Rouge, received MANY compliments from collegues and one of them(male) borrowed it from me. :

just curious Musician -- what was the weather like when you wore it?

I wore Bvlgari Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc to a club yesterday and got my first compliment (from a girl I know though) right at the coat check... I never thought anyone would even notice it. Second one was from a guy I also know, who wanted to know the name so he could get it for himself. Great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    just curious Musician -- what was the weather like when you wore it?

It's between winter and spring now. It's Italy so it's just ordinary weather. Winter ending spring beginning. But I really think Red Tea is good for all seasons.

ps: BTW I smelt Bvlgari Black at the shop and LOVE that vanilla smell. I have it on paper now, lying right next to me. It's vanilla and sweet but it's not the cloying kind of sweet, I actually think it's good for summer days too. It smells like a vanilla cake, very delicious but it still has some freshness in it. It's very "liner", like Thé Rouge and many other Bvlgari fragrances, but it's still very good. It is on my next purchases list.

Shifts: It´s available at Arlanda Airport, the only place I´ve seen it so far in our country.
    Well, it has reached the town of Örebro now, I just sampled it 30 minutes ago. Seems nice, that is all I can say so far. There is something in it that reminds me of the female version of Aqua di Giò, which I absolutely hate, but here it isn't quite as foul. I wonder what it is I think of really, because here I actually like it. Weird. Well, more on this one after a few wearings. I'm glad to see I can find it nearby at least.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=MonkeyManMatt link=1143145881/0#11 date=1143209569]Shifts: It´s available at Arlanda Airport, the only place I´ve seen it so far in our country.
    Well, it has reached the town of Örebro now, I just sampled it 30 minutes ago. Seems nice, that is all I can say so far. There is something in it that reminds me of the female version of Aqua di Giò, which I absolutely hate, but here it isn't quite as foul. I wonder what it is I think of really, because here I actually like it. Weird. Well, more on this one after a few wearings. I'm glad to see I can find it nearby at least.
    [/quote]

It has also reached Norway now...Got a sample of it some days ago, and I find it to be a little similar to L'Eau d'Hiver, actually...

i like it veeeeeery much and it's soooo long lasting on me
    it smells a little bit similar to Declaration i think.....hmmmmm

Are you sure it is not meant to be a feminine scent - who says it is unisex? In my country it is reviewed several places as a female scent.

I have not smelled it yet but the same reviews mentioned above say a lot about coconut - do you also smell that?

Mic.

Well, for sure it's not an ultra-masculin scent, I think it's a little bit on the femminin side. But it's marketed as a UNISEX fragrance, plus I have no problem wearing it. I find it simply DELISCIOUS. I can detect coconut/vanilla too, especially in the final drydown. But the bitter tea note just makes a fair balance to it. Try it man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    Are you sure it is not meant to be a feminine scent - who says it is unisex? In my country it is reviewed several places as a female scent.

I have not smelled it yet but the same reviews mentioned above say a lot about coconut - do you also smell that?

Mic.
    Well I found it in the female counter, but inside the sample I received it says:

The sensual pleasure
    of a natural and vibrant caress
    For men and women

Let me get back to you about the coconut, haven't tried it more than once. But I can't remember noticing a coconut note at all...

Am I crazy or does it smell quite a lot of Dior Homme (except for the very last basenotes)?

Mic.

It has that same wet paper thing going on as Dior Homme (iris in that case) so I do see what you mean. Much more simple though, still I like this new Bulgari - better and cooler than their Aqua anyway.

MMM

It's been a while that I've first purchased The Rouge...

I must admit that it's smelling more and more like a female scent to me. Don't get me wrong, I still like it a lot and casually wear it, but I think MANY female fragrances have similar scent to it. I will ask my mom if she likes it, if she does, I will give the bottle to her.

I think Dior Homme is a little bit on femminine side too given the iris + vanillic notes. But it still has more "virility" than Bvlgari The Rouge to my nose. But I don't like Dior Homme at all. It smelt like women's cosmetic products to me, at least when I smelt it in shop and on one of my collegues, but who knows, it would change if I skin-test it for a whole day.

Bought Thé Rouge today and have just sprayed myself 10 times round the neck/chest and cannot smell anything after 30 seconds...........is it not a little weak? Or will it "come back" later ?

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    Bought Thé Rouge today and have just sprayed myself 10 times round the neck/chest and cannot smell anything after 30 seconds...........is it not a little weak? Or will it "come back" later ?

Mic.
    Most Bulgari's seem to have that effect on me. Bulgari pour homme, Blu, Black, Green tea. I like all of em, but I wish they had better staying power.

I really like the entire line of tea scents. Rouge is probably the most feminine of them - it reminds me a bit of the smell of lipstick. Might just be a weird association though. It's a nice scent though. Blanc is also very nice but I would still prefer this on a girl. They are all quite unisex, Verte being the most unisex of them. Black seems pretty masculine to me because it reminds me of tires. It could be pulled off by a female though, which would be quite interesting.

I don't see myself as masculine enough to feel comfortable wearing anything but Verte or Black but I'm pretty sure that a guy could easily pull off all of them. They are all quite unisex, compared to a lot of other scents.

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I really like the entire line of tea scents. Rouge is probably the most feminine of them - it reminds me a bit of the smell of lipstick. Might just be a weird association though. It's a nice scent though. Blanc is also very nice but I would still prefer this on a girl. They are all quite unisex, Verte being the most unisex of them. Black seems pretty masculine to me because it reminds me of tires. It could be pulled off by a female though, which would be quite interesting.

I don't see myself as masculine enough to feel comfortable wearing anything but Verte or Black but I'm pretty sure that a guy could easily pull off all of them. They are all quite unisex, compared to a lot of other scents.

Angelina Jolie wears Bvlgari Black, although it smells VERY masculine. But I am sure that's because of her rule in Tomb Raider. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    Angelina Jolie wears Bvlgari Black, although it smells VERY masculine. But I am sure that's because of her rule in Tomb Raider. ;D
    Really? It's funny because when I bought it I thought that it was very masculine too. Made me wonder about it since it's unisex. Then I thought about which females I know of who could easily wear this and I came up with two persons - A. Jolie was actually one of them...

Yeah really.
    Bvlgari Black became famouse partially because of this fact.
    Maybe if you make a google search you will find out something.

I'm recycling an old thread...

I just tried this on for the second time today - I'm crazy about it.

It has initial opening notes of tea - which may put some people off (it did put me off when I smelt it at the perfumery) - but then it dries down to something lightly floral, warm and light - and as for longevity - this is great.

A great comfort scent - not sure how it'll fare in the winter.

Had I not set my eyes on a nice bottle of Dior Homme, I'd definately get this
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

mlt.perfume, I'm so glad you decided you like this one! I remember your first impression of it, it didn't seem to suit you then.

The longevity is amazing. On my skin, it's the best Bulgari has to offer, in terms of longevity.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Blog Entries

Do you know if this one is in Sephora - maybe on the ladies' side? I'm definitely going to try it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Do you know if this one is in Sephora - maybe on the ladies' side? I'm definitely going to try it now!

Howdy, Red!

Don't know about Sephora. But these ebay prices are even better than what I paid for Bulgari Thé Rouge at Marshall's!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

bn_b
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Having grown up on rooibos and owning Thé Rouge I must say they've managed to capture the smell of rooibos very well. Thé Rouge is linear, synthetic and sweet to the point of being a tad cloying if you spray one too many shots. There's supposed to be some fig in there as well. It's one of the most tenacious Bulgaris I've tried thus far. A three-star perfume, I'd say. And that's disregarding the fact that I don't particularly enjoy the smell of rooibos. It has to be blended with heuningbos (honey bush), another shrub indigenous to this country, to give it more body and flavour.