Code of Conduct

Thread: ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default ...

Blessing in disguise. How to become more discerning.

The practice of discernment is part of higher consciousness. Discernment is not just a step up from judgment. It's life's curriculum, it is the opposite of judgement. Through judgment a man reveals what he needs to confront and learn. Through discernment, one reveals what he has mastered.

Good day
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Default Re: BLOODY PISSED OFF!

I'm sorry about that... yeah, there are some big time fatcats out there. Sadly, some people really don't care if you like their product, as long as you'll buy it. Many of them don't seem to realize that it won't have the customer return.

Did you send a complaint to the company or got your money back? I sure hope so. I'm glad we have Basenotes to order stuff from, though. People here seem reliable and share the same passion, e.g. they won't send you any bad stuff that quickly.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your feeling. I had purchased Burberry Brit with dead top note, the rest was fine.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    I understand your feeling. *I had purchased Burberry Brit with dead top note, the rest was fine. *
    Yeah... The same happened to me when I bought a pour Chanel Antaeus bottle... (And I paid almost Retail price!)
    I learnt the lesson: don't ever buy any pour bottle from online stores. :-X

It is hard, though, when you buy something blind or a sample, because you dont maybe recognize the topnotes to be dead. :-[

That's exactly why I'm still scared nowadays about buying many things online!

Post Thanks / Like

This is indeed a frustrating event. Just out of curiosity, what online retailers have you had issues with lately?

unfortunately, it's like they say. buyer beware. for frags i really like, i pay full price from authorized sellers.

oh yeah, and if you have had problems with sellers, could you please make note of it in this thread?
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1098493234

that way we'll know to maybe avoid those places.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    unfortunately, it's like they say. *buyer beware. * *for frags i really like, i pay full price from authorized sellers. *

oh yeah, and if you have had problems with sellers, could you please make note of it in this thread?
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1098493234

that way we'll know to maybe avoid those places.
    I second that. Even if you are hesistant about going public about bad sellers, maybe you can PM the ones who ask so they can be avoided.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen and ladies,
    This thread's count of views has shot up pretty quickly. I'm thankful that no one has brought specific swapping and selling problems to it. Liquid provides a perfect link for complaints about businesses members haven't been happy with, but as everyone seems very aware, this isn't the place for discussion of swapping and selling disputes between members. Basenotes members have the ability to leave feedback for trading partners and view feedback for those partners through a member's profile. As Marlen suggests in his directions for selling and swapping, members should look there when they consider swapping and purchasing.

Swaps and sales between members are the business of the members themselves and not issues for the forums or the site. Regarding content on this board, As Marlen clearly states in the fourth rule of the Basenotes marketplace:

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Comments about members or their marketplace practices, status of packages sent or waiting to be received, requests for fragrances wanted, or info about decant supplies are not permitted and will be deleted.
    Of course there's nothing wrong with this thread, and perhaps I'm thus too hasty posting this. Thanks and a tip of the hat to everyone.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.