Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain vetiver + Chrome deodorant = B.O.?

Hello Everybody!

Yesterday something curious happened to me....
    It was raining a lot and I finally decided to wear my beloved Guerlain Vetiver to see how It would behave in these conditions. After all, It was outstanding! But this is not the curious thing...
    I woke up late and had to move quickly to work. I was really in a hurry but couldn't find my deodorant! (I normally wear a non scented one from Johnson & johnson). I had no time to search my entire home, just the obvious place (my bathroom), so I decided to wear an Azzaro Chrome deodorant I bought *on Christmas (gift set). I had never worn It... After cleaning the spider webs, I spread it on and It had just seem a great combination. A bit on the "sour side", but I liked it.
    At work, after sometime , my co-mate laughed and asked me if I was feeling a B.O. smell... He started sniffin' around and concluded It was me!! * *Then, he joked and asked me if I hadn't taken a shower just because It was raining and cold!! LOL!!! *;D
    I explained I was wearing a very citric cologne but they keep joking and didn't believe me...
    By all means, *we all laughed together and they said I would have to bring the bottle to prove It wasn't body odor...
    I was lucky because they're really good friends! Have you ever experienced such a situation?

Default Re: Guerlain vetiver + Chrome deodorant = B.O.?

I've noticed that the "all natural" deodorants that have come with fragrances don't really give me any protection so that could have contributed?
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Rcavs, that's a hilarious story. I had someone ask me why I smelled like mothballs once, when I was wearing Tea for Two, but that's the dirtiest comparison I've gotten.

I think the next time you're around these guys you should fart silently and before they say anything, sniff the air and ask if they are wearing colonge. It's your fart after all, and to me, mine smell better than Clive Christian.

There's no way in the universe they could be talking about Guerlain Vetiver though.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Designer deodorants add fragrance notes, but do not protect against sweat. It is likely that you are experiencing first hand just how bad they can be. My Magnetism deodorant seemed perfect when I bought it, but I'll smell terrible even if I sweat a little bit. I also have a Romance Silver deodorant, but it lasts better because I usually wear the accompanying cologne in a cool office. I love how we spend so much money to smell great, but if we don't wear our $1.99 deodorant, we might smell the worst of all!

hmmm...

After showering, I use one of those unscented crystal rock deodorants, then five minutes later, I apply some Mitchum unscented. *This combo seems to work pretty well.

Still though, sometimes depending on diet etc., an unscented deo isn't always quite enough insurance. *Yet I don't have a matching deo stick for most of my favorite scents because they don't exist! *One time I bought a few Dunhill X-Centric deo sticks for cheap at Marshalls...and I noticed they are VERY persistent! If you use the stick, then take a shower, your pits will still smell like X-Centric for a long time, but only if you stick your nose there.

So for a hot date or some time when I know it's gonna be one of those nights, I'll put on some Dunhill X-Centric deodorant BEFORE I take my shower. *Then I'll shower like normal, and use the crystal and Mitchum afterwards. *And I will still only slightly smell like X-Centric for like 12 hours and more. *It doesn't clash with my scent, yet it protects me smell wise if I happened to eat some garlic or something. And I'm free to wear whatever niche scent I want.

I know it seems like alot of work, but it's a good balance between wearing a scented deo that's going to clash and having to rely on an unscented that may not always have the brawn to do the trick...

Yeah, one time at a previous job at a record store, I ran out of my regular deo and had to use some CK Obsession. *I was bringing a tray of coffees to my coworkers and my boss said something smelled like BO. *It was either my Obsession or the coffees. *Then again, coffee kind of has a kind of dirty, musky animalic smell when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy

So for a hot date or some time when I know it's gonna be one of those nights, I'll put on some Dunhill X-Centric deodorant BEFORE I take my shower. *Then I'll shower like normal, and use the crystal and Mitchum afterwards. *And I will still only slightly smell like X-Centric for like 12 hours and more. *It doesn't clash with my scent, yet it protects me smell wise if I happened to eat some garlic or something. *And I'm free to wear whatever niche scent I want.

I know it seems like alot of work, but it's a good balance between wearing a scented deo that's going to clash and having to rely on an unscented that may not always have the brawn to do the trick...
    Well, I'll try the trick, Indie! When I first read it, it seemed too much "Metrosexual" to me... LOL!!! ;D