Code of Conduct

Default Armani Black Code vs Burberry Brit for men

Which one of these two releases do you like more?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Armani Black Code vs Burberry Brit for men

Voted for Brit. I'm actually gonna pick this one up w/in the week.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Some time ago I had started a topic titled "Black Code = Brit , isn't it?" or something like this.I own both of them but I slightly prefer Brit because it is more elegant and longer lasting for sure.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I think Brit is a much better fragrance. Black Code smells very, very close to Lanvin L'Homme in my opinion. Brit is very original. There's one note that pops that I can't really decipher, but it makes it very unique.

Brit is sharper, crisper, and less cheap smelling, whereas Black Code is soapy and aquatic and probably lasts all of 30 minutes.

Voted for Black Code. Brit is nice, but a little too sharp for me. Black Code is more subtle.

Voted for Black Code as well. See ziffy's post.

Voted for Black Code because Brit can have a slightly synthetic smell to it. I still like brit and plan on purchasing a bottle one day.

I have both and prefer Black Code. Brit is nice..a little much on the Powder for me....but I still like Brit....I just like Black Code more.
    Gary

No contest for me. Brit is one of my favorites, while I find Black Code cloying.

I do find these two to have a similar "feel", but I enjoy Brit infinitely more.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    I think Brit is a much better fragrance. Black Code smells very, very close to Lanvin L'Homme in my opinion...
    Really? I hadn't considered that comparison. I must check out Black Code again. *I chose Brit in the poll, but now I wonder. At first, Black Code struck me as just another black/noir/night -themed fragrance, middle-of-the-road Oriental. Brit strikes as original, although the tonka bean (I think it is) grates on my nerves after a while.

When I sniff BC, i love BC. When I sniff Brit, i love Brit...
    I feel Brit is more urban scent, and BC is more for mountains (i mean countryside).

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw7592
    [quote author=Ren link=1126551744/0#3 date=1126573849]I think Brit is a much better fragrance. Black Code smells very, very close to Lanvin L'Homme in my opinion...
    Really? I hadn't considered that comparison. I must check out Black Code again. I chose Brit in the poll, but now I wonder. At first, Black Code struck me as just another black/noir/night -themed fragrance, middle-of-the-road Oriental. Brit strikes as original, although the tonka bean (I think it is) grates on my nerves after a while.[/quote]

Liking Lanvin L'homme isn't a reason to go try Black Code!!

L'Homme has that same light, soapy, aquatic, minty, uber-fresh quality to it, just with a tad more lemon. On my skin, they're so similar it's hard to tell a difference.

And longevity?

I own Brit and have sampled BCode several times and on my skin BCode lasts a lot longer than Brit. I ultimately think Brit smells better on the drydown but is a more casual daytime or nightime fragrance IMO whereas BCode lasts better and has a more classy/formal personality that I could only wear at night.

Do you consider BC to last for more then 6 hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    And longevity?
    Brit's lasting power on my skin is superior, I might even go so far as to say its one of the longest lasting scents on my skin.

I love Black Code (it's my dad's current signature scent), but I voted for Brit (which I own). *Could've voted either way, I suppose. *[smiley=undecided.gif]
    David and Becca forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by MannyMoo
    Brit's lasting power on my skin is superior, I might even go so far as to say its one of the longest lasting scents on my skin.
    Same here.
    David and Becca forever!!

Brit is too feminine and powdery for me, but it's a nice frag. Black Code is a better scent for a man, shame about the staying power being weak. :

If I had to choose, it would be Black Code. *Brit just didn't smell "right" with me. But IMO, I would actually find Picasso Minotaure, very similar with a better blend of citrus and herbs to balance the frag from its heavier base.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Yvan

Black Code all the way! *It lasts really well on me, and the aniseed really emerges. *I found Brit refined, but on me, the cedar smelled like wet cardboard, and I prefer my rose note to be red, rather than Brit's wild rose, which smells lighter and thinner to me than a red rose. *In my humble opinion, Black Code seems more devil-may-care, while Brit seems more more civilized. *I've even tried layering Black Code with Zanzibar for an ultra-oriental experience, and it works pretty well, but I tried layering Black Code with Monsieur Balmain, and that didn't work so well.

Also, Black Code is the only post-2002 scent I own.

I like them both but I prefer "softer" fragrance and I agree that Brit is sharper than BC. My only gripe with BC was its staying power, I finished a bottle of 1 oz in a month. I had to spray ten sprays to get any kind of sillage and staying power. But I love BC,will temporariy replace my Armani Mania. Will buy a big bottle and it's going to be my sig scent for next year. I suggest applying BC at work, not when you're just about to leave for work.

At the mean time, I'm switching back and forth between Obsession Night and Escada Sentiment, I love the dry downs on both products. I just love woody mossy,soapy,powdery smell! Can't help it! Against, sharp, dry, cloying, balsamic scents. I do noticed that females love Sentiment, when I interviewed my female co-workers, my back was against the A/C, so the Sentiment was blowing against them, I noticed that they took repeated whiffs.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Even tho I am not very fond of Black Code, but I would take it over Brit any day, I find Brit to be too floral and femenin.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I'm actually a fan of both and plan on buying bottles of both having Brit as a daytime scent while BC for night and they both have excellent staying power on my skin

It's so funny so many people complain about staying power on bc. It stays extrememly well on me and I'm quite a fan of the scent. Brit to me is much sweeter and is a bit noxious on my skin. However I will say my bf wears it and it's really hot on him.
    m

Quote Originally Posted by marczilla
    It's so funny so many people complain about staying power on bc. *It stays extrememly well on me and I'm quite a fan of the scent. *Brit to me is much sweeter and is a bit noxious on my skin. *However I will say my bf wears it and it's really hot on him.
    m
    I get similar feedback off Brit; its one of my gf's faves.
    back to the topic at hand, lo those many months ago, while I voted for Brit in November, and stand by that as an overall judgement, I think that (What is now known as) Armani Code may be a better Tonka for Summer, as it doesnt have the cinnamon-spice-gingerbread of Brit, which makes Brit smell to me like sex on xmas morning.

I cannot stand either one and did not vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I cannot stand either one and did not vote.
    But, then again, you are an avowed Tonka-hater, so this stance makes good sense

I selected Code because of its comparative versatility...Brit just gets nasty in the heat!