Code of Conduct

Default D&G Light Blue (story & need advice)

I indirectly purchased D&G Light Blue today. *I had a rain check for D&G PH for a long time in my old wallet, but someone since bought it for me as a gift. *I cleaned the wallet out yesterday to transfer things to a new wallet I. *My friend was over & she noticed the pile of stuff from my wallet. *We had a good laugh about how high the junk was stacked, but she noticed the rain check and, thinking I had forgotten about it, went out to buy D&G PH for me! *What a thing to do (though I already had it, I wouldn't have cared)! My friend got to the store and the SA figured it must have been for Light Blue, since she is a woman & I guess did not explain the situation or just assumed what the SA grabbed was the right thing. *She bought it for me, and I knew it could be unisex, so thought it was a gift for me because she liked it - I gave no consideration to the rain check. *Then she explained it and I had a big enlightening, OOOOHHHHHHHHH moment when I realized what had happened. *It was a really sweet thing to do. *

Anyway, on to the scent! *I like it a lot, and it was pretty familiar, but I don't wear it like a *unisex. *It smells feminine and sweet on me...frosty/airy/fruity goodness, but feminine nevertheless. *I would like to layer it with something, but it is pretty full-bodied already. *None of the shower gels I own would seem to match it very well, except CK1 Scene, which would only make it smell more feminine. *If any of you guys wear this, is there anything (soap, gel, other fragrance) that can temper it a bit to smell more masculine? *I like this a lot, but feel that I'd be a little conciouss wearing it freely. *Thanks guys. * *

Default Re: D&G Light Blue (story & need advice)

give it to your nice friend who went to all that trouble for you.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, what a great friend!

Post Thanks / Like

On a different subject (but still related to Light Blue), I think that the new Versace Man Eau Fraiche has some striking similarities to Light Blue.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    yeah, what a great friend!
    Ditto on that.

And yes give it to your friend

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Yea! Just give the light blue to the female. I wouldn't waste the time with trying to layer it and all. Its a scent for the ladies...

If you like D&G light blue, I'd suggest you try Paco Rabanne Black XS also. The juice is pretty much the same and it's made by the same perfumer also!

Post Thanks / Like

I love light blue, my ex used to wear it and I think in some countries it is marketed as a unisex scent but I find it too powdery to be worn by man.

I can't find the similarities between LB and BlackXs.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

It's alot of cedar and citrus more than floral or sweet to my nose so I don't get the overt femininity of it. If you want to masculine it up, I think patchouli or leather would go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    On a different subject (but still related to Light Blue), I think that the new Versace Man Eau Fraiche has some striking similarities to Light Blue.
    I would agree though Versace is a tad sweeter.

"I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    You are number two to point this out for me today (another was a Swedish magazine). I have to seek that out for myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    If you like D&G light blue, I'd suggest you try *Paco Rabanne Black XS also. The juice is pretty much the same and it's made by the same perfumer also!
    Hah, you are right.
    I tried Black XS once and I had the same impression, XS is stronger and sweeter in a fruity way, still prefer Light Blue.

What yo you guys think of the similarity between

D&G Light Blue and

Mugler Cologne (maybe the latter has a little more musk in it) but imo they're dead close, also a ringer

Kenzo Air

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    What yo you guys think of the similarity between

D&G Light Blue and

Mugler Cologne (maybe the latter has a little more musk in it) but imo they're dead close, also a ringer

Kenzo Air
    I've both D&G light blue and Kenzo Air
    Quite different actually.

Light Blue gives a sense of out of shower freshness, though marketed as a female fragance.
    It smells all right on a guy as well (of course, depends on the person's ability to carry it off)

Kenzo Air is too light, almost not there after a while.
    I do love it, that licorice note which smells like chinese herbs. If only it's stronger and lasts longer.

I love this scent on women. I threatened to get it for myself as someone said it was unizex but I think it is totally for women. My Mom and Sis love this! I also love the fragrance I love, I love by Moschino along with Miss Dior Cherie.