Code of Conduct

Default D&G Light Blue (story & need advice)

I indirectly purchased D&G Light Blue today. *I had a rain check for D&G PH for a long time in my old wallet, but someone since bought it for me as a gift. *I cleaned the wallet out yesterday to transfer things to a new wallet I. *My friend was over & she noticed the pile of stuff from my wallet. *We had a good laugh about how high the junk was stacked, but she noticed the rain check and, thinking I had forgotten about it, went out to buy D&G PH for me! *What a thing to do (though I already had it, I wouldn't have cared)! My friend got to the store and the SA figured it must have been for Light Blue, since she is a woman & I guess did not explain the situation or just assumed what the SA grabbed was the right thing. *She bought it for me, and I knew it could be unisex, so thought it was a gift for me because she liked it - I gave no consideration to the rain check. *Then she explained it and I had a big enlightening, OOOOHHHHHHHHH moment when I realized what had happened. *It was a really sweet thing to do. *

Anyway, on to the scent! *I like it a lot, and it was pretty familiar, but I don't wear it like a *unisex. *It smells feminine and sweet on me...frosty/airy/fruity goodness, but feminine nevertheless. *I would like to layer it with something, but it is pretty full-bodied already. *None of the shower gels I own would seem to match it very well, except CK1 Scene, which would only make it smell more feminine. *If any of you guys wear this, is there anything (soap, gel, other fragrance) that can temper it a bit to smell more masculine? *I like this a lot, but feel that I'd be a little conciouss wearing it freely. *Thanks guys. * *

Default Re: D&G Light Blue (story & need advice)

give it to your nice friend who went to all that trouble for you.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

yeah, what a great friend!

On a different subject (but still related to Light Blue), I think that the new Versace Man Eau Fraiche has some striking similarities to Light Blue.
    Loyal Basenoter since 2004. And getting ready for the next big step in my longtime hobby: bringing niche to my neck of the woods... Xscentrik is coming soon.

Follow our progress on Basenotes and here: Facebook Twitter
    Currently wearing: Musk Oud by By Kilian

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    yeah, what a great friend!
    Ditto on that.

And yes give it to your friend

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Yea! Just give the light blue to the female. I wouldn't waste the time with trying to layer it and all. Its a scent for the ladies...

If you like D&G light blue, I'd suggest you try Paco Rabanne Black XS also. The juice is pretty much the same and it's made by the same perfumer also!

I love light blue, my ex used to wear it and I think in some countries it is marketed as a unisex scent but I find it too powdery to be worn by man.

I can't find the similarities between LB and BlackXs.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Dependent

It's alot of cedar and citrus more than floral or sweet to my nose so I don't get the overt femininity of it. If you want to masculine it up, I think patchouli or leather would go a long way.
    Overcome by Fumes

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    On a different subject (but still related to Light Blue), I think that the new Versace Man Eau Fraiche has some striking similarities to Light Blue.
    I would agree though Versace is a tad sweeter.

"I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    You are number two to point this out for me today (another was a Swedish magazine). I have to seek that out for myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    If you like D&G light blue, I'd suggest you try *Paco Rabanne Black XS also. The juice is pretty much the same and it's made by the same perfumer also!
    Hah, you are right.
    I tried Black XS once and I had the same impression, XS is stronger and sweeter in a fruity way, still prefer Light Blue.

What yo you guys think of the similarity between

D&G Light Blue and

Mugler Cologne (maybe the latter has a little more musk in it) but imo they're dead close, also a ringer

Kenzo Air

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    What yo you guys think of the similarity between

D&G Light Blue and

Mugler Cologne (maybe the latter has a little more musk in it) but imo they're dead close, also a ringer

Kenzo Air
    I've both D&G light blue and Kenzo Air
    Quite different actually.

Light Blue gives a sense of out of shower freshness, though marketed as a female fragance.
    It smells all right on a guy as well (of course, depends on the person's ability to carry it off)

Kenzo Air is too light, almost not there after a while.
    I do love it, that licorice note which smells like chinese herbs. If only it's stronger and lasts longer.

I love this scent on women. I threatened to get it for myself as someone said it was unizex but I think it is totally for women. My Mom and Sis love this! I also love the fragrance I love, I love by Moschino along with Miss Dior Cherie.