Code of Conduct

Default Piper Nigrum Villoresi,It has been a mistake?

Hi i waiting a bottle of Piper Nigrum LV,well i can feel the pain,why? well is easy,i'm lover of clear-aquatic-oceanic fragances you konw(M Birley,Gendarme 20,passage d'enfer.........)i swap blind due to the influence of the excellent reviews,and now Thinking calmly it is possible that has committed a error,or possible not.

Well i think that Creed New Tabarome play the same league that Piper Nigrum,and Creed New Tabarome is a cologne that I love many. And Spezie LV like too. But repeat this dark side not is my way. the question is: if me like New Tabarome and Spezie is possible that like Piper Nigrum?

I cross my fingers :-?

thanks in advance
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Default Re: Piper Nigrum Villoresi,It has been a mistake?

Dry_M,
    I'm not a fan of Piper Nigrum either. In fact I dislike smelling it greatly. Someone could indeed pay me to wear it, but I won't pay anyone to wear it, nor will I wear it for free. Yukko. No thanks. I'm happy to leave all the bottles of that stuff to those fine folks who clearly like it so much. You're welcome, gang.

I'm a fan of New Tabarome and LV Spezie too. Those smell very good. Stick with them and get rid of that cracked asphalt pothole puddle scent, Piper Nigrum.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Piper Nigrum? First I didn't understand the raves going on here, but then again, like Annick Goutal's Vetiver, this needs to be tested a bit more than others to really appreciate it. I didn't like AG Vetiver at first and Piper Nigrum I almost hated. Now both are much more appreciated because of repeated testing.

If you don't like Piper Nigrum - make me an offer.

I read here that the PN candle is one of the best out there (think it was Otto who wrote it) and I think it would work really good to scent a room. Like Tam Dao I prefer to smell it in a room instead on my skin, but that can change as well ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Don't throw the towel too soon Dry_Martini, I think that if you like Spezie there's a chance you might like Piper Nigrum. And even if you don't like it at first, I agree with Dr. Creed that this is a scent that requires some time to get into. In fact, I'm still waiting for that to happen :
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

This is a brilliant scent, IMO, and DM I hope you love it as much as its admirers do.

Anyone can make a "peppery" scent, but the mint on top is sheer brilliance. LOVE this one.

I like Piper Nigrum better than Spezie.
    In your case, it all depends. If it makes you sneeze, you won't like it, else you probably will.
    Renato

I really like all three! They are all different and unique in their own way. There is really nothing else out there like any of them and to me that is part of the attraction. If I had to rank them, I would rank them this way:

1. New Tabarome
    2. Piper Nigram
    3. Spezie

Dry Martini - you will never like it! P N smells like Red Cinzano tastes - horrible!!! Just give it to me. 8-)

...and have my 4711
    ;D
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

D_M:

If you don't like the Piper Nigrum I'll gladly swap you for a bottle of new Tabarome.

Sample it multiple times carefully, I think you end up liking it. It's unique and very different. Also, let it settle on your skin for an hour before making the judgement, it really does take that long! And spritz lightly!

Well, Dry Martini,
    I guess you won't like piper nigrum at first sniff because it's quite a mighty one. However give it a second chance at least and maybe you'll appreciate the balsamic side of it. At worst, you won't have difficulty in swapping it because, as ya can see, here's full of PN estimators willing to swap!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Well, Dry Martini,
    I guess you won't like piper nigrum at first sniff because it's quite a mighty one. However give it a second chance at least and maybe you'll appreciate the balsamic side of it. ....
    I love both sides of it - you happen to know what they charge in Milano for PN, Magnifiscent?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Many thanks Sirs for his appraisals,when i received the bottle i write here my opinion,and if the veridict is "guilty" ,this bottle suffer the punishment of go to the swap board .

Oh oh oh,My omens were fulfilled I have tried this 2 or 3 times, and really I do not understand this one combo:Ultra Dry, dusty and floury. I believe that his death sentence is clear, can`t *save *call *of telephone of the Governor :P

To Be Continued.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Martini
    Oh oh oh,My omens were fulfilled I have tried this 2 or 3 times, and really I do not understand this one combo:Ultra Dry, dusty and floury. I believe that his death sentence is clear, can`t save call of telephone of the Governor :P

To Be Continued.........................in Swap Board,of course
    You should have believed me! It's not in your wardrobe-swap list yet, Dry_Martini. Also I am afraid to have nothing I could please you with. If you should consider to split: I would buy 30 - 40 ml, ore more of this horrible stuff
    superseded: I simply bought it!
    Last edited by narcus; 19th December 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Dry_M,
    I'm not a fan of Piper Nigrum either. *In fact I dislike smelling it greatly. *Someone could indeed pay me to wear it, but I won't pay anyone to wear it, nor will I wear it for free. *Yukko. *No thanks. *I'm happy to leave all the bottles of that stuff to those fine folks who clearly like it so much. *You're welcome, gang.

I'm a fan of New Tabarome and LV Spezie too. *Those smell very good. *Stick with them and get rid of that cracked asphalt pothole puddle scent, Piper Nigrum.
    --Chris
    I feel the same way. I can like and tolerate the other LV scents but have not warmed up to piper nigrum. It is the kind of black pepper found in the kitchen that makes you sneeze. It smells dirty and discordant. It is in no way the intoxicating, make you mouth water, cult-like status of the pepper/inscense in Terre D' Hermes.

I have been waiting to test this for couple of years now, and im clad I got to do it now. I dont know what it was, but the first sniff a had, I was pretty much sold So unique and dearing. Amazingly cool and soothing. I dont care if it does smell like vicks etc. I love it. It just so different and out there, but still feel like a part of you. This is propably one of the scents that really take you where they promised you would go. I can see the market with the spices. A cool summer breeze and the smell of pepper in the air. Just amazing.

I dont know why, but when I wore it, I could feel that women would like to bury there noses to my neck. It made mee feel really sexy and shure about my self. It doesnt feel like I have to come to the fragrances level, it doesnt feel like out of place on my skin. It just makes me smell as good as you can feel inside when your at your best.

And this was after one try I can smell it now ewen if I havent worn it today. Just magical stuff.

I've been trying to understand or even just to find it wearable a little bit at all. Sorry, each and every time I ended washing it up. Maybe this is my mistake, but I'm about giving it up. About the same is happening with LV Uomo.
    But I do admire everybody loving them

Piper Nigrum is an acquired taste, I just hope it hasn't been a mistake for you, good luck anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    I dont know why, but when I wore it, I could feel that women would like to bury there noses to my neck.
    I had to laugh at this as I wore PN last Sunday to a very important and socially prominent hoiday I attended. I mean, what I what is more apropos than Piper at a holiday event? Needless to say, I had women dragging their poor husbands over to me to smell my neck as they were so in love with this fragrance. I don't wear it very often but really...it is a no brainer for me this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    Piper Nigrum is an acquired taste, I just hope it hasn't been a mistake for you, good luck anyway...
    'Death is an aquired trait - Woody Allen'

Both sayings are great, thanks for yours!

I have a sample of Piper Nigrum.
    I'm glad it's just a sample.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Lurve the Piper Nigrum. Hated it at first, but now go into withdrawl if I haven't sniffed it in a month or so. I think you have to be a foodie to appreciate this one.

Is this supposedly as "disgusting" as Kouros ?
    -

I've said this before but it smells just like a temporary filling the dentist gives before sending you to the endodontist for a root canal, or that the endo guy gives you if the root canal takes more than one visit. then it turns into pepsi cola. pepsin becoming pepsi.

awful!

and with LV, whose fragrances really live up to the word "perfume" - one spray of LV is worth 4 sprays of anybody else - that's a lot of awful!

I think it's a masterpiece. Opinions, eh?

I've never been keen on this or any other LV scent. I like the first few minutes - minty peppery goodness, but then it gets messy. And the drydown is a muddled hotchpotch on me.

But don't get me started on Incensi *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    'Death is an aquired trait - Woody Allen'

Both sayings are great, thanks for yours!
    cheers Sandy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I think it's a masterpiece. Opinions, eh?
    you're not far from the mark...

I think it is great, but it is potent and not an everyday scent. I'll probably stick with my small decant. It reminds me of a mint chocolate chip ice cream with that sharp peppermint note. Perfect for wearing during Christmas.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Pepper is the last thing I get from good old Piper Nigrum. To me it smells like Lacoste Booster's menthol note mixed with powdery rubber. It's definitely not something I want to smell like.

It definitely smells like pepper to me, but fresh peppercorns rather than ground or powdered pepper.