Code of Conduct

Default Creeds from department store were 2002

I recently bought a couple of creeds from Fenwick Brent Cross, North London and they both had dates of 2002 on the box. Do you think this is acceptable or too old? I didn't notice until I had got home and opened them. The bois de portugal seems potent, I can't immagine that has lost potency but the millisime imperial smelled a bit different to the sample I had tested, more watermelon, less green tea. But it could be me and my unrefined nose........
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Creeds from department store were 2002

2002 should be the best year for creeds. There was a thread on this awhile back. It was said that creeds need time to fully blend together. It sounds strange, but it may be true. I have a 1oz bottle of GIT thats 2002 (almost gone) and a full 4oz bottle that is marked 2004. The older one smells richer and the top notes stand out much more. So it seems there may be some truth to that.

Seems you have the "right" year. If they smeel good to you just enjoy them

what a great answer! thanks ;D
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

I've got an '03 bottle of GIT and an '02 bottle of MI. The notes for both are richer and more developed as you describe. But I actually miss the lighter, more airy character of the topnotes of these when the juice is "new". I'm actually considering swapping my '03 GIT for someone with a newer bottle that would prefer the more developed character.

Here's a good way to describe it. The lighter topnotes on GIT that people always compare to Cool Water do not exist in my '03 bottle of GIT. That may be good for some but I like that part of GIT, as well as the rest of it.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

There is no Nose....

Most of my Creeds are from 2002 and they smell fabulous.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I was thinking of complaining. Now i wonder if I should go back and get more..... :P

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch duckfinder
    I was thinking of complaining. Now i wonder if I should go back and get more..... :P
    Trust your own nose. If you think it smells good, then it really does. People are simply putting waay too much into these Creed dates.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    [quote author=hirch duckfinder link=1147100791/0#5 date=1147114094]I was thinking of complaining. Now i wonder if I should go back and get more..... :P
    Trust your own nose. If you think it smells good, then it really does. People are simply putting waay too much into these Creed dates.[/quote]

yes - as I said the bois smelled great but I wasn't sure about the Imperial. It smells good but perhaps not as good as it could/should. In which case I should purchase elsewhere in future.

reviews

Don't mind me asking, but how much did you pay for your Creeds? I live in London and would like to find a place that sells it for a good price.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

no problem - they were £48 for a 30ml bottle. Can't remember the price for the larger size but its proportionately lower.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch duckfinder
    no problem - they were £48 for a 30ml bottle. Can't remember the price for the larger size but its proportionately lower.
    oooh dude, that is just too darn much for a 30ml, you can get a 120ml bottles for around £60 on Ebay from UK sellers. Or for £50-55 including P&P from Ebay US sellers.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    [quote author=hirch duckfinder link=1147100791/0#9 date=1147180174]no problem - they were £48 for a 30ml bottle. Can't remember the price for the larger size but its proportionately lower.
    oooh dude, that is just too darn much for a 30ml, you can get a 120ml bottles for around £60 on Ebay from UK sellers. Or for £50-55 including P&P from Ebay US sellers. [/quote]

yeah but are you sure you know what you are getting? i dont buy many bottles, just a few a year and prefer to be sure of the source. do you have reliable ebay sources?

reviews

I always check their feedback if they have a good enough feedback I would purchase. I have goten all of my Creeds from Ebay and they are ace. There is a thread for Ebay sellers Feedback

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1138040344

Top 5

i myself have left posative feedback before i realised a purchase was a fake. i am very wary. i've looked through that thread and noticed there is no post from you. do you have a uk based seller you can confidently recommend?

reviews

I got 2 of my Creeds from UK sellers which were Silver Mountain Water from crazycatz0 and a Himalaya tester from kazbo77. I am not sure if they still sell Creed but the ones I got from them was good. Looking at UK Ebay currently they have sellers that sell Creed on a regular basis so checking out their Feedback is important as people who have recieved Creeds would of left a feedback. But you also have option of Ebay US where you can get it for even cheaper, where I got my 2 other Creeds but it has been so long 1 year now and can't remember the sellers.

Top 5