Code of Conduct

Default Boss Selection and Moschino Friends?

Anyone know anything about these two?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boss Selection and Moschino Friends?

Friends is a really nice orangey fresh scent. Dont know much bout Boss Selection.

Eric has just got both of them, he should be able to expand!

Col

I tried Boss Selection yesterday and was positively surprised: it's light but classy. The citrus opening is not too sharp and blends very well with the soft woody drydown.
    I usually don't like Hugo Boss scents but i could buy this one. Maybe it lacks originality, but that would be the only bad point i noticed.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Have Moschino friends....indeed, fresh, U find definetely (in the beginning) a bit of Moschino l'uomo in it..

Boss Selection didn"t work on me...to light, no lasting power and nothing special..
    Cheers
    Renz

Love Freinds and its simplicity, clean citrus and citrus leaves, very fresh plus it lasts

tried the new Boss and was pleasantly surprised, since most of his creations were linear and boring. This one seemed different, but I moved away to the next shelf - it will take the Boss a lot more than Selection to regain my trust

Here is Boss Selection TV commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmWin6pIgo

The Boss Selection I got as a present and I must say, it's a pretty comfortable to wear scent, but I agree, nothing special or new. I like it, but I know Boss scents get slammed a lot here on BN. It's a bit like Baldessarini Del Mar ,but less fresh. Friends is a positive crisp, fresh scent. What suprised me about this scent is it's stayingpower. Ideal for the office, it will keep you fresh all day. Still I suspect you won't like this cause I seem to remember you didn't like scents with grapefruit and this one has a really sharp start of grapefruit. It could also be bergamot, but I'm not sure. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11
    Here is Boss Selection TV commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmWin6pIgo
    Not sure if this is the real commercial since it says "non public"?

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    The Boss Selection I got as a present and I must say, it's a pretty comfortable to wear scent, but I agree, nothing special or new. I like it, but I know Boss scents get slammed a lot here on BN. It's *a bit like Baldessarini Del Mar ,but less fresh. *Friends is a positive crisp, fresh scent. What suprised me about this scent is it's stayingpower. Ideal for the office, it will keep you fresh all day. Still I suspect you won't like this cause I seem to remember *you didn't like scents with grapefruit and this one has a really sharp start of grapefruit. It could also be bergamot, but I'm not sure. I could be wrong.
    I agree that Boss Selection smells a bit like Del Mar but it's more appealing and more interesting than the latter in my opinion. I also found Selection somewhat similar to Armani Code ( citrus, light woods and anis ) so if you are a fan of Code but want something new but comparable you can get a bottle of Selection.

No offense guys but are you on crack????????
    Selection is probably the biggest piece of s*#t launched in years! Haven´t smelled anything this synthetic or bland in a long time, like a watered down version of Hugo Energize - which sucked to begin with. I´ll further my thought on the demise of this previously excellent house in a thread of it´s own soon...

As for Friends which at least smells somewhat natural I don´t think bottling mandarin-juice qualifies as a scent. This is very, very one dimensional IMO, like a orange pez candy - zero evolution.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    like a orange pez candy
    LOVE orange pez candy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=MonkeyManMatt link=1146953867/0#9 date=1147168252]
    like a orange pez candy
    LOVE orange pez candy!!!
    [/quote]

Me too and I kinda liked Energise too, LOL! . BUT, I think I know what you mean MMM.

Read my thread on the subject Eric, up now, I respect you immensely and don´t want to hurt anyones feelings, but I think I managed to say what i wanted sufficiently here:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1147171202
    MMM

wow, seems you really don't like it...
    You have put doubt in my mind now, i'll have to test it again I think 8-)
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe