Code of Conduct

Default Testing , Testing

Did some major testing today. And had a BIG suprise!!!

Fahrenheit: This was really wierd cent..it smell´s like sand, little marine notes and dirt mixed with more sand. Wery dirty fragrance. It actually smells like the bike carage in my moms house(wich smells great!). But now that i have the similar smell at my hand, im not quite shure if i like it :-?. I could imagine wearing this cent to a bar etc. When im feeling my most man state, sorry to say this, but this is an a holes cent . Dirty, they should call this DIRTY. Or more like BRAWL

L Instant de Gurlain Wery spicy and woody. The wood actually is quite similar to B*Men, in my opinnion. Dont have anything special to say about this one. Maybe has an off putting geezer factor to it :-/. Time will tell.

Baldessarini: Seperates the men from the boys. Thats what reads in the tester thingy. Well, i wouldnt say so... First thing that popped in my head when i smelled this was Is this Pleasures?, because it has in my opinnion the same kinda fruitines to it. I dont know if men would want to wear this, but then again, maybe it takes a real man to pull something like this off . Quite nice summer cent. But not worth the big bucks.

Hugo Energise:How plain and unoriginal cent. Who wears this stuff :-?. O, im sorry, the hip and cool people of marketing land :P. S**T

Lacoste cool play: Well, for starters. It mellow, too mellow. And nope, has nothing in common with Red one. This and Energise fall in the same category..of S**T.

But then it came...(Drumm roll)

Body by Kouros: I have to say. THIS. STUFF. RULES!!! Smells like toffee. Smells just plain good. I remember testing this year ago, it was wile. But now i just have to be amazed. How come i didnt like this then :-?. All i remembered was stinking bug spray, now i smell sweet eacalyptus(or how ewer you spell it) and toffee!
    Its GREAT. Im still waiting for the toxic material to pop out. So far so good. It has been like 2½hours ans still good. Lets see in couple more...

All and all, Kouros ROCKS!!!(at least this one )

edit.OH!!One more thing. Just got a mail from Trumper. They will send me samples of Bay Rum, Royal, Spanish Leather, Sandalwood Cologne and GFT . Great!!

Default Re: Testing , Testing

Fahrenheit is my SotD, and I got two compliments before 9am. To me, it smells very sandalwoody, but with a sharp gasoline-ish note on top, instead of sweet creamy sandalwood, as in Egoiste. I think it's very unique and underappreciated.

Body Kouros is way too sweet and foody/candyish for my taste. It is the one Kouros variation that I can not stand and doesn't even seem like it should share a name with the others.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Personally, I think Kouros Fraicheur is the "best" Kouros out there, closely followed by the original King and the Sport cologne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love L'Isntant the most out of that group. It is woody with a subdued spice to it and a warmer powder drydown. I love it and I am suprised you didn't like it as much. Body Kouros is a great one. There are so many like it though that I'm not that excited for it. You seem to love it. It may be a upcoming purchase for you. I hope your next shipment pleases your nose as well. Thanks for the quick reviews.

PS ~ I agree that Baldessarini is not worth the money. It is just ok but nothing more...

Bruce^

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce...
    I love L'Isntant the most out of that group. It is woody with a subdued spice to it and a warmer powder drydown. I love it and I am suprised you didn't like it as much. Body Kouros is a great one. There are so many like it though that I'm not that excited for it. You seem to love it. It may be a upcoming purchase for you. I hope your next shipment pleases your nose as well. Thanks for the quick reviews.

PS ~ I agree that Baldessarini is not worth the money. It is just ok but nothing more...

Bruce^
    The jury is still out on L'Isntant . Kouros might well be a purchase for me. At least now it would be. But i wont buy nothing with out testing it at least 3 times. What might be similar to Kouros, and maybe ewen better?!

And im exited about the shipment. Ill tell how they turn out to be

Mugler Cologne: Lucky brake today. When i was at the perfume store getting all the samples etc, i stayed for a good half and hour, to chat with the sales person(well , thats pretty much something i do ewerytime im there. Shes actually only person i can talk about these things. A person who actually care´s what i say ). Moving on. As i was chatting with her, i noticed this box tucked away under the shelf and asked what was in there. She said fragrances thats she has either run out, or stopped selling. Eweryone was womens except one. She said Oh! Heres one unisex here I asked what it was, and was completely suprised. Mugler Cologne!!I have been wanting to test this for months, and all this time it was under my nose :.

Well , i tried it and was pretty much what i expected it to be. Great clean and green cent. Lasted for ages. Only problem was. It really didnt smell so good on my skin . Better on paper. I liked it because it wasnt so artificial smelling. It could have been a bit better, but i think it will be a good summer cent for me. But i have ask. Do you think it would be wise to buy it, ewen if i only spray it on my clothes? Or does it ewen matter?

And im thinkin that maybe one more cent for summer could do. Any suggestions? How about Pierre Balmain?And if theres anything that you think is better green cent than Mugler, let me know. There have been only one "summer" cent that i have really liked. And that was Live Jazz.

Try the new A*Men Summer Flash, you might like it, it smells fresh, cooling and has retained only a tiniest bit of the old A*Men. To me personally it smelled like wet soil and fresh linnen that got caught in the rain.

just to give you a visual, sorry it is in German

http://www.douglas.de/DGCatProductPa...oduct_Id=45043

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Fahrenheit is my SotD, and I got two compliments before 9am. To me, it smells very sandalwoody, but with a sharp gasoline-ish note on top, instead of sweet creamy sandalwood, as in Egoiste. I think it's very unique and underappreciated.

Body Kouros is way too sweet and foody/candyish for my taste. It is the one Kouros variation that I can not stand and doesn't even seem like it should share a name with the others.

--Steve
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

I'm with Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    Did some major testing today. And had a BIG suprise!!!

Fahrenheit: This was really wierd cent..it smell´s like sand, little marine notes and dirt mixed with more sand. Wery dirty fragrance. It actually smells like the bike carage in my moms house(wich smells great!). But now that i have the similar smell at my hand, im not quite shure if i like it :-?. I could imagine wearing this cent to a bar etc. When im feeling my most man state, sorry to say this, but this is an a holes cent . Dirty, they should call this DIRTY. Or more like BRAWL
    I know, Fahrenheit may seem like a fragrance that is too difficult to pull off but you must remeber that it is unique in its kind, that it is balsamic with a distinct honeysuckle note (almost honey-like quality, sticky, sweet yet fresh), women love it. Best to apply after a steamy shower and it wears best in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

The jury is still out on *L'Isntant *. Kouros might well be a purchase for me. At least now it would be. But i wont buy nothing with out testing it at least 3 times. What might be similar to Kouros, and maybe ewen better?!
    You'll be misunderstood if you keep calling this "Kouros." Kouros is completely different and I mean COMPLETELY different from Body Kouros. *

Similar to Body Kouros is Rochas Man--a little chocolate in there but similar. *Of course A*men and Hanae Mori fill out the gourmand category. *Try all of these to compare with Body Kouros.

Mugler Cologne: ...And im thinkin that maybe one more cent for summer could do. Any suggestions? How about Pierre Balmain?And if theres anything that you think is better green cent than Mugler, let me know. There have been only one "summer" cent that i have really liked. And that was Live Jazz.
    Muglar Cologne is a good fresh one--keep testing it. * *Do you mean Monsieur Balmain? *That's a very lemony fragrance--very light and pleasant. *Fairly inexpensive, too, *if I remember correctly.

Then there's always Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    You'll be misunderstood if you keep calling this "Kouros." Kouros is completely different and I mean COMPLETELY different from Body Kouros.

Similar to Body Kouros is Rochas Man--a little chocolate in there but similar. Of course A*men and Hanae Mori fill out the gourmand category. Try all of these to compare with Body Kouros.

Muglar Cologne is a good fresh one--keep testing it. Do you mean Monsieur Balmain? That's a very lemony fragrance--very light and pleasant. Fairly inexpensive, too, if I remember correctly.

Then there's always Chrome.
    Sorry about the Kouros. And your right, i dont ewen want to think about mixing them up . I used to own Rochas, it was actually my second better fragrance. I did like it then. Should try to test it some day. Hanea Mori has been on my to test list for ages!. I should try to get a decant of it. And yes, Monsieur Balmain. I should try to get a sample or decant of it.

I tested Mugler Cologne again today, and hate say, it didnt impress me >. It was maybe too one dimensional. Well, the quest must go on. Maybe Monsieur will be the perfect summer frag

I used to own Chrome too. The metallic notes(i think) were terrible!! Didnt like it at all.

Thanks on the suggestions

D'Orange Verte by Hermès: This seems very intresting Lemon, Mandarin, Papaya, Mango. But as i read, it doesnt seem to last. This finnish site had 100ml at 37 euros and it was Cologne. Is the one at basenotes (Eau d'Orange Verte ) Cologne version? If it isnt. Would Cologne version of this one be waste of money? If thinking about the staying power. I was thinking it maybe would last better if spayed on clothes. Any comments?

XS Pour homme: Another intresting prospect. Only one negative review on directory(and that didnt say the reason. So i really dont count it). Any similar frags to this one? And i heard it has a metallic note? Similar to Chrome perhaps?

XS is great it came out in the early nineties, I wore it in '95 I was in Greece back then and it fitted perfectly with its marine notes. The smell juniperry-fruity/marine yet masculine

Notes from osmoz.com
    A perfume of paradox that unites woody notes and aromatic nuances. The spicy freshness of mint, coriander, and juniper bay contrasts with the warmth of a fruity-apple note of geranium. The fragrance ends on a note of sandalwood, musk and amber. A slightly marine note adds a modern touch.

Default Is Lacoste Cool play overpowering or just plain?

I tried Lacoste Cool Play in some shop and I noticed that it smelt so cool.But I haven't seen any reviews on Lacoste so I am not sure how good or rubish Lacoste Cool Play smells.Is it as fresh as Lacoste Essential or a little bit better than Lacoste Style in Play.Please help me.Send me some replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Lacoste Cool play overpowering or just plai

L'Instant is the best oriental I've ever tried!!!
    Mugler cologne is a nice lemon scent. Smells like a non synthetic Lacoste Booster... Good, but nothing outstanding.
    Fahrenheit smells like gasoline to me... I can't put up with it
    XS is similar to the "Legendary Harley Davidson", what is a bad, bad thing...

Post Thanks / Like

It's been awhile yet I remain perplexed by Fahrenheit. It smells better than it did a few months ago anyway. I generally like rugged, dirty smelling scents, but Fahrenheit remains waiting in the wings.
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”