Code of Conduct

Default My Current Infatuation with Versace Scents...

It seems Versace gets trashed alot for being trashy...

Well, the last few days I've been wearing Versace scents alot. The gorgeous Spring weather which has been neither too cold or too hot seems to make wearing these attention-getting scents a pleasure. The thing about Versace Scents overall is they don't seem to be "seasonal" scents... They are brash and bright and have alot of personality.

Today I am wearing Black Jeans. I went to purchase Morrissey's new album "Ringleader of the Tormentors" which was recorded in Rome, and has alot of Italian flourishes. Cruising around in my car on this sunny day, listening to this album...It really went well with the Italian character of Black Jeans. So now I have a pleasant association between this album and this fragrance.

I've begun wearing Versace Man as well. What can I say? It does smell like grape gum. It's loud, it's fun, it's just typical Versace. I've noticed lately that I have been feeling great and I've been leaning toward scents that are a bit more "alpha male" and not shy. Dreamer...same thing. It has such a carefree, relaxed Italian vibe. It's not afraid to get attention. Versace L'Homme is not really something I'd wear all that often, but I like it. But again, what I really like about Versace scents is their luminous character, the same way I like YSL for their shadowy touches.

Overall, I have to say that Black Jeans is my favorite and one of my all time favorites.

So I've been thinking about trying other Versace scents. I really like that aesthetic right now. I'm really curious about Versace Versus Uomo. It's discontinued, but it sounds really good. Anybody a fan of it? The only Versace scent I hate is Blue Jeans which I returned once...actually I want to try it again. Any other Versaces worth a look?

Default Re: My Current Infatuation with Versace Scents...

I don't have any comments on frags you haven't mentioned, Indie.

The two I like that I've tried are Versace L'Homme and Blue Jeans.

Blue Jeans reminds me a lot of D&G actually, with what I guess is the tobacco note.

Versace L'Homme is a more classic frag masculine frag with a bit of herbs in it. Definitely old-school. It reminds me of Givenchy Gentleman in the feel of the smell, but not the actual smell itself if that means anything to anybody. I think L'Homme is meant to be appreciated through its siliage. I like this one a lot... it seems to be pretty versatile and it has a lot of character as well.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Indie - funny you bring it up as I'm wearing Blue Jeans today and it is just a fabulous frag. *I'm always surprised that it is not more popular. *I wonder if it has anything to do with the name. *I guess I don't associate the name Blue Jeans with blue jeans or denim. Maybe I will get over it and enjoy it even more. *But it's a winner, with outstanding longevity that gets good reviews when I do wear it.
    Peace ~ Markymark

I love Black Jeans and the Dreamer absolutely hate (well I can't say hate it just doesn't work for me; it seems like it screams for attention)

I've always found it amazing that a company that put out such a fantastic frag like Black Jeans ... could produce such garbage as the rest of the "Jeans" line ... ( Blue, Green, Baby Blue, etc. ) ...

Of the few I've tried, I think Black Jeans and Versace L'Homme are great. Dreamer and Blue Jeans are ok but I can do without. Green Jeans and Baby Blue Jeans, no thank you. I've just blind purchased Metal Jeans but haven't tested it yet.

Versace L'Homme. A masterpiece.

Hi Indie,
    I posted about three or four years ago on the topic of how lively Versace scents were (as everyone was trashing them at the time too).

There's indeed something special about Black Jeans (which unfortunately my ladyfriend sneezes uncontrollably whenever I wear it).

Green Jeans has become a favourite of mine, even though I dismissed it for years when testing it in shops - it is so much better in the wearing - the citrus/pine combination wears very well in summer.

Metal Jeans is a good watery summer scent, but it doesn't last very long on me.

V/S *has that something special about it too.

Baby Blue Jeans is designed for children - it has nothing too masculine about it - I gave it away to a female friend who loved it.

Time To Relax is one very long lasting unisex scent which I like, and my ladyfriend likes borrowing as well. She got several compliments from female friends last time she wore it, as they individually asked what it was she was wearing, and she kept telling them as she turned to me "It's his!"

Jeans Couture is very subtle and formal - the least striking/lively of his scents, but still pretty good.
    Renato

Time for Action is a good one for warm weather, uplifting and sporty.

I just rediscovered Dreamer myself, having traded my big bottle to Marlen a number of months back. Lovely lovely lovely... in light doses. To me it is just straight up tobacco, tempered by what I detect as a spearmint gum note. I really think it the king of tobaccos (right down to its "syntheticness", which seems a complaint common to anything with a strong tobacco note). I gotta say I fail to see why D&G PH needs to exist when The Dreamer has covered all its best bases with much more panache.

I agree- Black Jeans is one of my favorites, and the best from the house of Versace - too bad its discontinued !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Versace L'Homme is a more classic frag masculine frag with a bit of herbs in it. Definitely old-school. It reminds me of Givenchy Gentleman in the feel of the smell, but not the actual smell itself if that means anything to anybody. I think L'Homme is meant to be appreciated through its siliage. I like this one a lot... it seems to be pretty versatile and it has a lot of character as well.
    K
    I agree. It's old school but it's a great scent. It'll be my next purchase. Black Jeans is also one of my favorites.

Well, the last few days I've been wearing Versace scents alot. The gorgeous Spring weather which has been neither too cold or too hot seems to make wearing these attention-getting scents a pleasure. The thing about Versace Scents overall is they don't seem to be "seasonal" scents... They are brash and bright and have alot of personality.

Speaking of "alot of personality", try Metal Jeans. A perfect casual Summertime scent. Very underrated.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Good point Indie! There is that something in all Versace scents. I guess trashy is a good way to describe it, well atleast I can't think of any better. I liked both Man and Dreamer at first alot, but now find both too rough and loud. Also, both smelling incredibly synthetic might have something to do with me getting quite nauseous wearing these nowadays. I do appreciate Versace for making quite daring and different fargrances. Can't say I like their style, but atleast they don't play it safe!

I believe to have spent almost all my teenage dressed in versace and drenched in Versus PH. It's still probably my favourite Versace scent, what a pity it's discontinued! I hope to have the chance to pick a bottle one day. Worth to mention also L'Homme and Dreamer.
    As you said, Indie, the most beautiful quality of Versace phylosopy is, not necessary looking for it, but "I'm not afraid to get attention", just being yourself!

I love a lot of the versace scents as well but i also hate some too, i mean, Jean Couture Homme and Femme? my nose is feeling insulted! I love Black jeans too! and the dreamer is a top 10 in my book!.

Nicely put Indie, I like your story. Versace's vibe was all about carelessness and enjoying life so are his fragrances as well.