Code of Conduct

Default which is the best gucci for spring summer ..?

....between RUSH ENVY and CLASSIC pour homme .
    I know that this fragrance have much incense but
    what do you think?
    thanks ciao

Default Re: which is the best gucci for spring summer ..?

I would have to cast my vote for Rush.

I don't really like to wear the other two in the summer time and I don't like to wear Rush. I would this it is better in the summer than the other two though. Maybe pH would work because it is not heavy. It is just woody and peppery. Try them out and see if they work on you in the warmer weather. That is the best advice I can give.

Nobile.

Green, herbal & ambery. Good luck finding it, at least in the US. I've been trying to find it for a fellow BNer with no luck.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Envy

Basenotes Plus

I agree with Vicomte de K- I don't like Rush. P/H and Envy are too heavy for warm weather. Nobile, although not among my favorites, is better suited for the warmer months.

I would go with Pour Homme: That wood, smoke and insence is so natural smelling combo - just like some dry, warm summer cottage in the middle of the hot and smelling forest.

another vote for Nobile. GOD I WISH ID BOUGHT THAT $20 MARSHALLS BOTTLE IN DECEMEBR!!!!!

I LIKE Rush and think of it as a summer version of my beloved Azzaro Visit. As much as I love Visit and continue to wear it in warm weather, I'm a lot more selective about when I wear it in the heat and often go for Rush instead.

I am not a fan of Envy in general and rarely wear PH in Summer heat. Never tried Nobile.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I have no problem with PH in the heat. I think the dryness actually helps in the heat, and it's not very heavy on me at all (light actually). I used to wear Rush, and wore it in the summer just fine. Sounds like I will have to try Nobile sometime though, if I can find it to try.

Well to be honest none of those three are at all suited for warm weather. I probably would stay away from those during the day. At night, however, I would go with Envy, not because it is more suited for a summer night than the other two but just because it is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    I would go with Pour Homme: That wood, smoke and insence is so natural smelling combo - just like some dry, warm summer cottage in the middle of the hot and smelling forest.
    I agree with this! If I go to the cottage or go camping this year, Gucci PH would be the scent to wear in the evening.

Rush as a daytime, Classic as an alternate, and Envy for evenings!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Doh! I should have read the question better. I haven't tried the classic, but I'd say Envy for night and Rush for the day. I find Rush to be a bit too woody but not as bad of a woodchip/hamster cage as Givenchy PH.

I still think Nobile would be the best choice (although I'm ig'nant as to the Classic.)
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Gucci Nobile, easy on the trigger.

Rush for a summer night out.

Ciao dino!
    I wear Envy a lot these days without any problems and I think I'll be wearing this even this summer
    So my vote goes to Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud
    Ciao dino!
    I wear Envy a lot these days without any problems and I think I'll be wearing this even this summer
    So my vote goes to Envy
    I also gave Envy the heat test. I think it works pretty well for an oriental type fragrance, doesn't bother me that much.

I just tried a decant of Gucci pour homme (the 70s version)...very fresh and classy, easily one of Guccis best! Too bad it has been discontinued
    -

ENVY... no doubt! Rush would be nice, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW

I also gave Envy the heat test. I think it works pretty well for an oriental type fragrance, doesn't bother me that much.
    I'm in India and its Summer.. We have temperatures of 40C in the day. Envy AND Gucci PH both work well even in that temperature. I lean more towards the Envy, its not cloying at all, and smells damn nice!

Envy