West Region Finals
    #2 Antaeus vs #5 Egoiste

East Region Finals

#2 Chergui vs #4 Guerlain Vetiver

South Region Finals

#1 Bois du Portugal vs #7 Dior Homme

Polls coming right up and will be open until Sunday night

Default Re: Elite 8

Egoiste has been the strongest performer so far, winning each of its rounds convincingly. It must be the early favourite to take out the title, but faces stiff opposition from its brother in the quarter final.

Vetiver just scraped home against Rive Gauche in what I personally found to be the most difficult round so far.

Dior Homme finally faces some stiff opposition and the advantage of being a new fragrance might start to wane.

Very interesting to follow the results - let's hope we can get 40 or more voters.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I suggest posting who is on the elite 8 in the male fragrance discussion and when polls would be closing. This will draw BN'ers who may have forgotten that the tournament is still on.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Truly great fragrance houses - in my opinion - like Lorenzo Villoresi, Divine and Frederic Malle had no chance since many people have not even tried these fragrances, yet they choose to give their vote to some 'nice' fragrance they've used, like Geir or Dior Homme; two fragrances that have had alot of hype lately. For this reason, I don't think this result is very meaningful. I'm sorry for being such a tight-ass about this, but it was painful to see for example Piper Nigrum and No. 88 go out so early. Unique masterpieces.

By the way, it's really surprising that GIT is already out! Not that I'm a great fan, but I would have thought of it as a number one favourite for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    Truly great fragrance houses - in my opinion - like Lorenzo Villoresi, Divine and Frederic Malle had no chance since many people have not even tried these fragrances, yet they choose to give their vote to some 'nice' fragrance they've used, like Geir or Dior Homme; two fragrances that have had alot of hype lately. For this reason, I don't think this result is very meaningful. I'm sorry for being such a tight-ass about this, but it was painful to see for example Piper Nigrum and No. 88 go out so early. Unique masterpieces.

By the way, it's really surprising that GIT is already out! Not that I'm a great fan, but I would have thought of it as a number one favourite for this game.
    I'd agree with the sentiment here, but this is not such a surprise. The results of these types of polls are always tainted by folks using different criteria to pick one candidate over the other. E.g., my criteria for choosing a frag in this type of poll might be something like: uniqueness, perceived quality, development on the skin, longevity, and bang for the buck. It seems that others would have different lists, with entirely different criteria, which means no one ever knows exactly what contest the winner actually won. There are just so many factors on which people can base a decision. Who knows why someone picked one over another? That's one reason I take these as just silly fun, or at most, a reason to analyze and play armchair psychologist.

There is one factor though that can be accounted for - hype. Maybe in the future, such polls should only include frags that have been out for at least a couple years. New releases tend to have a lot of hype surrounding them, get a lot of buzz, and that alone can unfairly swing a poll. I'll be interested to see how many folks are still excited and talking about Dior Homme a couple years from now...we just don't know. And what's more un-fun than something that's unfair?