Code of Conduct

Thread: Incense Scents

Default Incense Scents

...after many hours.....many hours of studying all the comments.........man this is exhaustive as hell.......
    but I'm quite enjoying all the great stuff here.........

I was leaning...and still will try the " great creed line'.......but I am really now gravitating towards these scents.
    I also have a question as well. I love GPH.......and i am wondering how these scents compare with GPH.

1.......Passage d' Enfer
    2.CDG.....Avignon......Zagorsk...Kyoto.....
    3. Messe de Minuit.....

.....any feedback.....greatly appreciated!!!!!

Default Re: Incense Scents

LV Incensi

CdG - Avignon

I've tried Passage d'Enfer. It smells something like the incense that we used to use in Catholic church when I was a young altar boy (many years and many mindsets ago). It's very dry, incredibly incensey, and I don't get a lot else from it. I really like incense when it's blended with other things. Timbuktu is another one to check out from L'Artisan, as it's a woodsier incense, sort of like ash, with some spices, also very dry, and in some way reminded me of a drier, ashier version of Gucci PH. As with nearly all L'Artisans, I found the longevity on each of these lacking. I like Gucci PH better than either (though its longevity is also fairly poor on me).

Villoresi's Incensi is a good one to check out. His Musk also seems to have some incensey qualities.

Another to check out, if you can find it, is Balenciaga Pour Homme. I was amazed at how much incense came out as it dried down, and how wonderful that incense was. It's worth tracking down IMO.

If you are brave enough, try Alexander McQueen's "Kingdom". It dries down to a nice myrrh and sandlewood blend. Of course there is a little cumin and some florals at the beginning but the dry down is heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    I've tried Passage d'Enfer. *It smells something like the incense that we used to use in Catholic church when I was a young altar boy (many years and many mindsets ago). * It's very dry, incredibly incensey, and I don't get a lot else from it. *I really like incense when it's blended with other things.

I completely agree with this assessment. I found Pd'E to be very dry with white florals that are almost piercing (reminded me of CdG White). The incense base, however, really does deliver true incense (albeit plain and flat). The incense turns out to be incredibly long lasting.
    As I too like my incense to be blended with other things, I find most YSL's more satisfying this way.

Passage d'Enfer is nice and so is the insence series from CDG but I like Tea for Two and I think that Gucci pH has some in there as well....

Salvador Dali PH
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Signature by S T Dupont

Black Cashmere by Donna Karan

Kouros by YSL

Costes has a very fine incense note and is very suitable for warmer days.
    Passage d'Enfer is easy to wear if you like lily notes.
    Frankincense and Myrrh by Czech & Speake is heavier stuff with a dominant camomile note; I love this, but it's very special and you should definitely sample it before you buy
    CdG 2 Man has a strong, smokey incense accord, too.

I remember this thread from sometime ago and if memory serves me correct I believe we
    also decided that Versace's MAN had some incense-like quality, too.

Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

The best one period is, Kyoto! If I had to choose a distant number 2, it would be visit. 3 would be passage d'enfer.

Every Gucci scent has a obvious insence note: Envy, Rush, Pour Homme...I truly recommend these scents to anyone.

Christian Lacroix - Tumulte Homme could also fit here.

I dunno why but to me DIOR BOIS D'ARGENT has an incense scent!
    Anyone else thinks this way too?

:

Quote Originally Posted by Musician

:
    Yes, because it has incense in it! ;D
    The Bark Bites Back.

I tried all the CdG Incense series after all the talk here about them several months ago, and while I do like them and contemplated purchasing one or two, I ultimately said "wait a minute here... Why am I going to put money down towards another incense fragrance when I don't think any of them are as good as Lorenzo Villoresi's Incensi?" I still have my CdG samples, but a full bottle of LV's is all I think I'll ever need.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Musician

:
    Several reviewers in the directory commented on the myrrh or incense in this one, so I guess it's there, though I have to say it would be the "brightest" incense scent I've smelled. Most tend toward the dark or pensive moods, from what I have sampled. In this one, the honey and almond hit me hardest, like sugar cookies or something. I'll have to wear it again and look for the myrrh...

I can recommend Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron and Patou pour Homme Privé by Jean Patou. *Both of these are beautiful incense scents. *

I second ikkitosennomusha's suggestion for Kyoto.
    Armani Bois d'Encens is also nice.