Code of Conduct

Default What happens when someone is your twin...

frag-wise that is, in a situation when you are out on your usual day or in a special ocasion and you encounter someone that smells Exactly like you...is this a faux pas? do you hate yourself for "not thinking it over", do you get embarrased? or do you just hate the SOB that copied you today, wich was supposed to be your day?

me, i ususally get unconfortable for whatever reason whenever that happens and i wanna slap myself for using a cheapie that day (or.....that frikin' thing cost me over 120 bucks and there's another guy using the same stuff??!! no way!) , but in general i feel like an Egoiste cause i want to be unique being that smells great...deep down...in the corners of my mind...

sometimes i even use an "unfindable" to be unique and to avoid situations like that....other days i'm just as happy as can be and don't care a rat's a** whatever happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What happens when someone is your twin...

If I were the only one to notice then I wouldn't feel bad. However, if everyone only noticed the other guy and kept complimenting his SOTD, I would feel awkward. Then again, I'm at school and about 80% of the campus smells the same heh.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....if someone was wearing the same scent as me and it was a cheapie or mass produced scent i'd expect that....

BUT.... if someone was wearing Borneo or Black oud at the same time as me......I'd be buddying up that person pronto. A kindred spirit in fragrance is hard to come by in the real world. I'd be wanting to make friends!!! I know I'd have something in common that i could talk about with that person....how they discovered this hard to find scent.....how they acquired it...etc....what other scents do they ahve and love...my curiosity would be beyond piqued

i'd probably think, wow this person has great taste.
    i don't really think it would be that big of a deal, most people around you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

Well, if I find someone smelling exactly like me...
    Oh, as I usually avoid the cheapy or very popular ones (I adore to smell unique but I'm not fixated about it), probably I would suspect he/she's another basenoter! Specially if I'm wearing stuff like Fumerie Turque, Musc Ravageur etc... For sure I'll give a compliment for his/her good taste if the situation allows it. It could be a nice way to meet new people.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be worrying about other people. One guy has it on and it comes off in an entirely different way than another guy.
    “Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,”.........“A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree w/ Buffalo_Gal!!! I have a limited income so I spend a lot of time and thought into my frag purchases. I only have about 13 frags I wear religiously, and it's because I absolutely adore them. If I were to smell the same thing on someone, I'd feel blessed! ESPECIALLY if it's a woman, because I typically wear men's frags, and to find another woman that not only wears men's frags, but is wearing the same frag that I am at the same time, I'd think that would be pretty cool!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

The earth stops rotating. :

Just teasing you, castorpollux.

I wouldn't care for the most part. Although, I'll be 100 percent honest--the type of person wearing it might bug me a bit, but probably not for very long. I usually can get over stuff like that, especially if it is just a stranger. But you know how if you have an acquaintance (or friend, or crazy relative) that wears a certain frag then it just sort of ruins it for you bc you are not a huge fan of that person, or maybe you like them fine, but they just overapply it or something.

Say, for instance, I met a woman who was very trashy, unattractive, loud, and chainsmoked, and I detected one of "my" frags on her, it would probably put me off the scent for a while. It would take a lot more than that to put me off it forever. Like, if she had sex with my boyfriend. That would probably seal the deal on me retiring that fragrance from my wardrobe. But if I met Angelina Jolie and she smelled of Tiffany (even though I hear she wears Carolina Herrera), I would be psyched. Basically, as long as it is someone I deem acceptable, then I feel great about them wearing "my" perfume.

And go ahead, call me judgmental, but when you don't know someone at all or at least not very well, we all tend to judge on appearance and/or first impressions.

i know what you mean tiffanyandco, it may come off as shallow, but that's just gut reactions, and i get the judging bit on first impressions also, wich are hugely important, and i even have an image in my head if i smell the scent before i see the person, then i turn around and i might be spot-on or be very msitaken, i mean , it's all fun and games really this frag game...for me at least!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

id actually lose my mind if I found another guy wearing ambre sultan. Especially where im living now (back home in ottawa canada with my parents for the summer) I'd probably dance right there on the spot while singing scary latin words falsetto

equilibrius quo vadis progrediamur! something to that effect

no seriously, I've never even met anyone who had even heard of serge lutens other than basenoters.

Well, if it was a cheapie, then I might feel a little bad about it. But if it is a nice one then I'd get psyched and ask the person about it (and hope they don't freak out ;D). For example, when one of my friends smelled M7 on me, he got really excited and said I'm the only other person he knwo that has it.

If you are at a bar "accidently" spill your glass of straight scotch or whiskey on them, beer might even work if it isn't a lite *. *Just joking, I would never endorse such behavior, but it does solve the problem. No one will ever know he / she is wearing the same scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Well, if I find someone smelling exactly like me...
    Oh, as I usually avoid the cheapy or very popular ones (I adore to smell unique but I'm not fixated about it), probably I would suspect he/she's another basenoter! Specially if I'm wearing stuff like Fumerie Turque, Musc Ravageur etc... For sure I'll give a compliment for his/her good taste if the situation allows it. It could be a nice way to meet new people.
    Totally agreed