Code of Conduct

Thread: Frank no 1

Default Frank no 1

I'm trying a sample of this and I have to say that I'm quite intrigued. Somewhat floral and there's a lot going on in it. Anyone have experience with this one. Looks like I might be making a trip this weekend to go get some. Can anyone help me out with telling me what they know about this one?

Default Re: Frank no 1

I don't know much, except from what I know from my Luckyscent sample. I can't say I like it, not that mch anyway. When I first tried it on, all I could smell was butter. I just tried it again the other night and it now has a bit more depth than my first impression. Quite herbal to my nose and a bit of green was my impression this time. I could give it a full wearing to see what it is really like, but that still kind of scares me.

I haven't tried it but I love the name and it's been intriguing me for awhile.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

I tried both Frank No. 1 and 2, and I felt that No. 2 was far more interesting and complex. So I bought a bottle. I'm willing to swap for it if you're interested.

- Brad
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

I've tried em both.

Frank 1 reminded me of those "hedgeapple" things that grow on forest floors. They have a smell that is similar to Frank 1. Not my favorite.

Frank 2 reminded me of hot buttered rum, a drink I love in the winter time. But it also reminded me of Spark, which I hate.

So I will not be turning my crank to Frank!

I owned Frank No. 1 but sold it on ebay. It reminded me of a bad version of Creed Original Vetiver.

This is one of those frags that I thought smelled great from a sample on the back of my hand ... but a full wearing on me was really bad.

Not a good blind buy ... IMHO.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I have the Frank #1, and I love it as a spring/summer scent. I remember reading about it that it had a huge number of ingredients, over 70 I think. I think Luckscent.com handles it and they should have a description online.

I never smelled #2; the shop that sold #1 didn't handle #2 because the owner didn't like it.

I would say if you like subtle green florals, this one is great for warm weather wear.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

I bought this unsniffedhttp://www.basenotes.net/communityfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif, and didn't like it. If the description of a fragrance was actually what it smelled like, we'd all be walking around smelling like mountain breezes, beautiful walks in the forest, cozy evenings at home, sex fiends, or whatever they tell us. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way with Frank No 1, or as I call it, Frank? -NO!

I've only tried it from sample vials. That is not to say that it's going to be a great idea to get. Many fragrances behave exceedingly different when worn from the vial than they do from a full on spray. Vetiver Oriental is a great example of this. I'll have to find a way to make it over to Odalisque to try it. I have to say I love the two wearings I've had from the sample vial she made for me.