Code of Conduct

Default What to wear on a first date with a beautiful girl

Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I've been eyeing up this beautiful girl in my Italian class all semester, and I finally got the nerve to ask her out. We have a date at a nice Japanese restaurant this Friday night (tomorrow) at 7 pm US Central time (GMT -6), so I need your responses by then. In case it matters, I will be wearing a black dress shirt, a pair of dark blue denim jeans, and nice black dress shoes. Also, I am 20 years old and she is 23 in case that affects your decision. I have the following fragrances to choose from in my limited wardrobe:

Millesime Imperial by Creed
    Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    Azzaro pour Homme by Loris Azzaro
    Vintage Tabarome by Creed
    Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Gendarme by Gendarme

And I may have the following fragrances to choose from by tomorrow, but I'm not sure because they are en route in the mail, so if you pick one of these as your number one choice for the date, be sure to recommend an alternative as well in case they don't arrive in the mail by tomorrow:

Habit Rouge by Guerlain
    Francesco Smalto pour Homme by Francesco Smalto

I appreciate the help guys!

Roman 8-)

Default Re: What to wear on a first date with a beautiful

a light spray of Rive Gauche IMO

The only one I know from that list is Rive Gauche. I don't know if I would wear that as an evening scent. It seems like an all purpose fragrance, but I think that there are better fitting one's especially for the evening. However, since this isn't an overly formal occasion, I say it can work nicely.

And congrats on setting up the date before the semester ends! I hate those missed opportunities I passed by :'(
    Don't you have finals though!?

I would wear MI for sure. The others are dry and really manly. It might throw her off on the first date. Too much leather and tobaco in there. MI is nice and sweet for her.

EnvYuS

Hi Roman,

from those frags I only know Rive gauche pour homme. But I think it would be perfect for your first date because its not overpowered, its woody, fresh and sexy. I think you cant do anything wrong with it.

I wish you good luck tomorrow

Greetz

Tanzfreak

If you want a second date,please warning with this "yayo" stuff:

Habit Rouge

*But well if the dinner is in terrace is good to banish the "mosquitos" :

i think that the better option is Gendarme

#TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Imperial!
    Imperial!
    Imperial!

I love this scent on my bf. You must wear it on your date.

Wear the one you are most comfortable with - being comfortable makes you feel more confident!

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Martini
    If you want a second date,please warning with this "yayo" stuff...But well if the dinner is in terrace is good to banish the "mosquitos" :
    Hahaha. Thanks for the warning. So the tally so far is:

3 votes for Rive Gauche PH
    2 for Millesime Imperial
    1 for Gendarme

Hmm... I'm leaning toward the MI. Keep the posts coming though, I haven't made my final decision

Another vote for Rive Gauche here. I wouldn't wear a fruity fragrance like Millesime Imperial at an evening first date.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!!

Gendarme, most definitely.

I love Rive Gauche, but would never think of wearing it on a first date. It's a bit too brash for such an event. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard!

Good luck!

MI

Let the fragrance be fun...

Why So Serious?

Definitley MI, i think it also fits in a sushi environment perfectly . Doesn't get any better than that, it is also light and subtle enough not to scare her away. I'm sure it'll work wonders. Good luck on the date bud! 8-)
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

MI all the way
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I dont own any of the other scents but I just dont see how you could go wrong with MI. Especially if it's a warmer night.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Hi Roman,

*I would suggest the MI or Gendarme for a first date. Some of those other scents are kinda heavy. *I have heard them discribed as more winter scents such as Tabarome or Bois de Portigal. *You don't want to konk her over the head with your sillage on a first date. *My two scents worth. lol.

* *Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Wear Gendarme or MI on the first date. They're pretty safe. Get all the conversation out of the way.

Then wear Rive Gauche on the SECOND date...If you know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Wear Gendarme or MI on the first date. They're pretty safe. Get all the conversation out of the way.

Meh. Depends on the girl. I'd probably sleep with a guy on a first date if he was wearing MI (provided that I liked him as well, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyandco
    [quote author=Indie_Guy link=1146773085/15#16 date=1146787362]Wear Gendarme or MI on the first date. They're pretty safe. Get all the conversation out of the way.

Meh. Depends on the girl. I'd probably sleep with a guy on a first date if he was wearing MI (provided that I liked him as well, obviously).
    [/quote]

I think you just sold me. MI it is! Haha ;D

Wear Cool Water or Polo Blue. Don't try to get all niche on her on the first date ;D Wear what makes you feel comfotable because if you are comfortable, she will probably be comfortable. I am trying to say, wear what makes you confident and relaxed.

Way to go Roman. Whatever you wear is going to be great. Sounds like it's going to be a rocking great time of a date.

Certainly worth the asking of the lady, I'm sure.
    Best,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    Wear Cool Water or Polo Blue. Don't try to get all niche on her on the first date ;D Wear what makes you feel comfotable because if you are comfortable, she will probably be comfortable. I am trying to say, wear what makes you confident and relaxed.
    Nonononono to the Cool Water or Polo Blue. Cool Water is a lovely scent...if my date is 15. And Polo Blue is a lovely scent as well, but its staying power is terrible and it is not really a "big date" scent. You want something that will last up to the end of the date when she gives you a kiss on the cheek. I promise if she kisses you on the cheek and catches a whiff of MI, there will be another date for you. Plus you don't want to smell like all the other guys--MI is something different, but not bizarre, which is a good thing.

[quote author=Indie_Guy link=1146773085/15#16 date=1146787362]Wear Gendarme or MI on the first date. *They're pretty safe. *Get all the conversation out of the way.

[/quote]

DAMMIT! I almost bought a bottle of MI tonight. I had it on my wrists and I still do. Can't decide if I like it or not. There is something washed out and weak about Creeds. Not like they don't last long, but like they have no bone structure- all skin and no frame. Make any sense?

I actually bought a bottle of Joop! Rococo Homme... Still trying to figure it out. I gotta be brief, I'm going to a nude figure drawing class. I'm gonna wear the Rococo.

I may have to just get some damn MI though. I still think Rive Gauche blows it away.

DAMMIT! I almost bought a bottle of MI tonight. I had it on my wrists and I still do. Can't decide if I like it or not. There is something washed out and weak about Creeds. Not like they don't last long, but like they have no bone structure- all skin and no frame. Make any sense?

I actually bought a bottle of Joop! Rococo Homme... Still trying to figure it out. I gotta be brief, I'm going to a nude figure drawing class. I'm gonna wear the Rococo.

I may have to just get some damn MI though. I still think Rive Gauche blows it away.
    Get some MI. Promise me you will get some gd MI. It is the best. I always think I love Tabarome (new) more on my bf, but then sometimes I'm like "What is that???" when I get close to him and it almost always turns out to be MI.

And, btw, you can't just throw a sentence in your post about going to a nude figure drawing class without elaborating. You were way too breezy and blase about it. We must hear all the details upon your return.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I would wear MI for sure. The others are dry and really manly. It might throw her off on the first date. Too much leather and tobaco in there. MI is nice and sweet for her.

EnvYuS
    I'm with EnvYuS on this one, except I've never smelled MI, but I just smelled Unforgiveable, which is supposed to be a copy of MI. I liked it very much. *I think it's great for a first date, intriguing smell, but not too heavy. *Instead of smelling like you have a cologne on the smells good, it makes you smell good. *(And I'm a girl, so that's something *) *Good luck hitting it off. *;D.

I would choose MI and definitely avoid Vintage Tabarome and BdP. Much too heavy and "serious" for a first date. If you wanted to try one of those, I would suggest applying it lightly a number of hours in advance.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

see next post. meant to apply that one here.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

[quote author=tiffanyandco link=1146773085/15#17 date=1146787538][quote author=Indie_Guy link=1146773085/15#16 date=1146787362]Wear Gendarme or MI on the first date. *They're pretty safe. *Get all the conversation out of the way.

[/quote]

DAMMIT! *I almost bought a bottle of MI tonight. *I had it on my wrists and I still do. *Can't decide if I like it or not. *There is something washed out and weak about Creeds. *Not like they don't last long, but like they have no bone structure- all skin and no frame. *Make any sense?

I actually bought a bottle of Joop! Rococo Homme... Still trying to figure it out. *I gotta be brief, I'm going to a nude figure drawing class. *I'm gonna wear the Rococo.

I may have to just get some damn MI though. *I still think Rive Gauche blows it away.
    [/quote]

Millesime Imperial smells amazing but like most Creeds you do feel the need to carry an atomizer with you in order to reinvigorate the presence. MI does have pretty good longevity but as you said, there's something not quite satisfying about the Creeds. I own several bottles of them. They smell so fantastic and pleasant, so full of quality. Yet I don't wear them as much as other fragrances.

As I told you, I would wear Rive Gauche or..... Envy!!! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Gendarme by Gendarme

Habit Rouge by Guerlain
    innamoramento, where in the f do you see envy on this list, sir?

Roman, it's your choice--listen to the guys, or listen to the girls. I will say it again, MI, MI, MI!

I know if I were in the same position, I would listen to the guys' suggestions before the girls' suggestions. This is because I am a GIRL so I would rather know what the guys preferred for a first date frag.

[quote author=Roman link=1146773085/0#0 date=1146773085]
    Gendarme by Gendarme

Habit Rouge by Guerlain
    innamoramento, where in the f do you see envy on this list, sir? *

Roman, it's your choice--listen to the guys, or listen to the girls. I will say it again, MI, MI, MI!

I know if I were in the same position, I would listen to the guys' suggestions before the girls' suggestions. This is because I am a GIRL so I would rather know what the guys preferred for a first date frag.

[/quote]

Does the smell of MI make you want to jump the guy, rip his clothes off, etc?

I've decided to go with the Millesime Imperial for my first date. It's light and fresh and not too cloying, which is just how I want to present myself on my date When I meet up with her tomorrow night I'm going to come in close for a hug. Hopefully she'll comment on my cologne at that time. If she gives a negative reaction, I'm blaming it all on you, Ms. Tiffany and Co.! Then again, if she gives a positive reaction, bonus points go out to all of you who said to wear MI. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Roman

P.S. Envy was a great suggestion, but unfortunately I don't own it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Does the smell of MI make you want to jump the guy, rip his clothes off, etc?
    What is the "etc."?

And of course it does. Any guy. Any guy at all. Even a wrinkly old man or a vagrant living in a dumpster or perhaps just any mammal. Just spray it on a dog--I'll commit bestiality. You can even spray it on inanimate objects and I will go wild. Spray it on a shoe and I will rip its laces out. Hell, spray it on a corpse and I will turn into a necrophiliac.

All of that meaning...no, the cologne does not have quite that effect on me; however, on the right guy (like my bf) it can lead to such activity as "jumping" him. Ripping clothes? My boyfriend and I can barely afford clothes, so he would probably be pretty pissed if I ripped one of his shirts. We are way too practical for stuff like that. Maybe one day when we are wealthy, we will clothes-rip all the livelong.

I think the "etc." is referring to the "Axe effect"

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    [quote author=tiffanyandco link=1146773085/15#29 date=1146812254]

I've decided to go with the Millesime Imperial for my first date. It's light and fresh and not too cloying, which is just how I want to present myself on my date When I meet up with her tomorrow night I'm going to come in close for a hug. Hopefully she'll comment on my cologne at that time. If she gives a negative reaction, I'm blaming it all on you, Ms. Tiffany and Co.! Then again, if she gives a positive reaction, bonus points go out to all of you who said to wear MI. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Roman

P.S. Envy was a great suggestion, but unfortunately I don't own it anymore.[/quote]

Thanks!

Just for the record, I know Envy is not on your list! :P

Good luck!!! 8-)

[quote author=pluran link=1146773085/30#30 date=1146813735]Does the smell of MI make you want to jump the guy, rip his clothes off, etc?
    What is the "etc."?

And of course it does. Any guy. Any guy at all. Even a wrinkly old man or a vagrant living in a dumpster or perhaps just any mammal. Just spray it on a dog--I'll commit bestiality. You can even spray it on inanimate objects and I will go wild. Spray it on a shoe and I will rip its laces out. Hell, spray it on a corpse and I will turn into a necrophiliac.

All of that meaning...no, the cologne does not have quite that effect on me; however, on the right guy (like my bf) it can lead to such activity as "jumping" him. Ripping clothes? My boyfriend and I can barely afford clothes, so he would probably be pretty pissed if I ripped one of his shirts. We are way too practical for stuff like that. Maybe one day when we are wealthy, we will clothes-rip all the livelong.
    [/quote]

I was just jokin, but my female companion reacts like that to certain scents. "Etc" would be whatever. You've got a lot of spunk. I bet your boyfriend likes that.

I agree that MI smells incredible.