Code of Conduct

Default Creed authenticity?

I know there are other threads on this topic, but they appear to have died out and my search did not turn them up... I just received a bottle of GIT that may or may not be legit. Quick description of box:

-white color
    -convex logo on front
    -little convex creed logos all over the box
    -olive green fuzzy-feeling card in the middle of the box with a convex (from the rest of the box) border around it (the border is white, not gold as I've seen in some other pictures)
    -pretty much all text on the box appears to be high-quality gold embossed (the text described by everyone as being on genuine boxes IS on my box, with the exceptions laid out below)

Now the weird stuff:

-in the green part in the middle of the box where the title of the scent should go it says exactly "Green Frich Tweed" in the usual script (seriously, what is up with that)
    -there is no date on the back, but there is a gold embossed box under the word "millesime" that looks like it should contain a date but does not
    -was arabic lettering at the bottom of the box on the back, as well as a little paper in the box with arabic writing on it

Thats about it, the bottle itself looks pretty legit though I have no frame of reference, the cap is highly detailed concave embossed and the juice smells approximately like it is supposed to though I cant make any claims about longetivity yet.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Default Re: Creed authenticity?

Quote Originally Posted by Domer04
    -in the green part in the middle of the box where the title of the scent should go it says exactly "Green Frich Tweed" in the usual script
    Frich? This would certainly raise a red flag for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    [quote author=Domer04 link=1145467750/0#0 date=1145467750]
    -in the green part in the middle of the box where the title of the scent should go it says exactly "Green Frich Tweed" in the usual script
    Frich? *This would certainly raise a red flag for me * :P
    [/quote]

indeed, but if everything else is in order, what if its a misprint at Creed HQ? THAT would be a collectors item, like postage stamps and dollar bills that are misprinted.

Yeah I just sent a reply explaining what I received to the eBay seller, we'll see what he says about it. I'd be surprised if he didn't offer a refund.

Find an ultraviolet light ("blacklight&quot or get yourself an ultraviolet LED keychain light. Shine it on that fuzzy patch thingy. You should notice that there are a bunch of flecks that should glow. Most of them glow a bluish/greenish color, but there should be a few red ones as well (my Acier Aluminum only has only one red fleck that I can see). Hope that helps.

Is there a number on the bottom of the bottle matching the number on the bottom of the box?

It sound fake to me.

There is no number on the bottle, and the only number on the box is EMB 77477A.... guess its fake, bummer. >

I got this message from the seller:

---------------
    Yes it says that on all boxes. It is even on the picture. It is produced in France perhaps the reason 'Frich'. AND I DO NOT SELL ANY AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS. I buy and sell directly from wholesale liquidator, so your item is guaranteed. Thank you.

Regards,
    xxxxx
    ---------------

.... so it sounds like he thinks he's selling the real deal, but seriously, there is no way that the boxes that say "Green Frich Tweed" on them can be real, right? (oh, and you cant read the front of the box on the picture)

Major red flag with the word "Fritch" on it -- otherwise, the box sounds pretty decent besides the word Fritch, obviously. *This whole Creed thing is kind of bumming me out lately. *I hate to say it, but I'm honestly just getting too skeptical and would feel more confident buying it from the Creed house direct. *But you know what that means -- $$$
    Peace ~ Markymark

are you sure it says "Frich"? lol i mean you'd think that if someone went to the trouble of duplicating a creed box in every detail, they wouldn't make a silly mistake like calling it "Frich". perhaps it's just the script they used? i mean the "I" does kinda look like an "F" in that cursivey font... tho i can't see mistaking the "s" for a "c".
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    are you sure it says "Frich"? lol i mean you'd think that if someone went to the trouble of duplicating a creed box in every detail, they wouldn't make a silly mistake like calling it "Frich". perhaps it's just the script they used? i mean the "I" does kinda look like an "F" in that cursivey font... tho i can't see mistaking the "s" for a "c".

Honestly I thought the same thing at first, but I found some pictures of the real box online and both the F and the S are definitely different.... maybe the manufacturers think that if they get caught they can say that its not illegal since they are calling it something different? Thats the best I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Domer04
    maybe the manufacturers think that if they get caught they can say that its not illegal since they are calling it something different?
    yeah but i'm assuming it doesn't say "Frich" on the actual bottle. right?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    [quote author=Domer04 link=1145467750/0#9 date=1145512364]maybe the manufacturers think that if they get caught they can say that its not illegal since they are calling it something different?
    yeah but i'm assuming it doesn't say "Frich" on the actual bottle. right?

[/quote]

No it does not. Good point there.

The i in Irish and the T in tweed look almost the same to me.

You may remove this if it's off-topic, but do all Creeds have a date on the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    Find an ultraviolet light ("blacklight&quot or get yourself an ultraviolet LED keychain light. Shine it on that fuzzy patch thingy. You should notice that there are a bunch of flecks that should glow. Most of them glow a bluish/greenish color, but there should be a few red ones as well (my Acier Aluminum only has only one red fleck that I can see). Hope that helps.
    ;D ;D

Oh puhleeze : Your secret-ultraviolet-light-markings theory is a bunch of hooey. Especially since not all the "patch thingies" are fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    [quote author=Stuffman link=1145467750/0#4 date=1145483650]Find an ultraviolet light ("blacklight&quot or get yourself an ultraviolet LED keychain light. Shine it on that fuzzy patch thingy. You should notice that there are a bunch of flecks that should glow. Most of them glow a bluish/greenish color, but there should be a few red ones as well (my Acier Aluminum only has only one red fleck that I can see). Hope that helps.
    ;D ;D

Oh puhleeze : *Your secret-ultraviolet-light-markings theory is a bunch of hooey. Especially since not all the "patch thingies" are fuzzy.[/quote]

But its SO FREAKIN COOL!! like something out of mission impossible or oceans eleven or something!

hey Domer- do you have a digital camera? can you snap a closeup of the "Firch". I, for one, would love to see this anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=MadScientist link=1145467750/0#14 date=1145541214][quote author=Stuffman link=1145467750/0#4 date=1145483650]Find an ultraviolet light ("blacklight&quot or get yourself an ultraviolet LED keychain light. Shine it on that fuzzy patch thingy. You should notice that there are a bunch of flecks that should glow. Most of them glow a bluish/greenish color, but there should be a few red ones as well (my Acier Aluminum only has only one red fleck that I can see). Hope that helps.
    ;D ;D

Oh puhleeze : *Your secret-ultraviolet-light-markings theory is a bunch of hooey. Especially since not all the "patch thingies" are fuzzy.[/quote]

But its SO FREAKIN COOL!! like something out of mission impossible or oceans eleven or something!

hey Domer- do you have a digital camera? can you snap a closeup of the "Firch". I, for one, would love to see this anomaly.[/quote]

I guess. I guess I'm just jealous cause I don't have a box with the fuzzy thingy. I used to, but no longer.

I promise that at least on 2003 vintage Acier Aluminum boxes, the fuzzy patch does in fact contain blacklight-reactive fibers. As for other boxes, I have no idea what Creed does to protect against fraud.

Dorm.

I just sent you a Pm. I think I had the same seller. Even said the same stuff. He got real huffy with me and said I accused him of selling fake stuff. I didn't say that in my e-mail to him. Only pointed out it didn't smell as good as a bottle I purchased from Neiman Marcus.. This juice I could hardly smell at all but what I could smell was awful. Not even close to GFT. He finally agreed to take it back but I am still awaiting the returof my dough. We'll see.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

I think I had the same seller. Even said the same stuff.
    Did your box have the same misspelling on the label. I ould love to see a photo of the misspelling.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I purchased a legit bottle of GIT from Bergdorf Goodman last week. So I will try to find similarities from your description:

1. Border around the green fuzzy-feeling card is gold.
    2. On the back of the box, below the "Milliseme" text, there is a date (2005).
    3. There is arabic writing on the back of the box right below the "Made in France" text. But no arabic anywhere else. Although I have seen an extra arabic sticker on some other creeds sold by a local perfume stores (not authorized sellers).
    4. About the "Frich", please check again, the text is hard to read. The I in Irish and the T in Tweed look similar. Double check whether the S in Irish is indeed a C.
    5. There is no matching number on the box and the bottle.
    6. The box does have the EMB 77477A
    7. The bottle does not have "Green Irish Tweed" on it. Just a plastic sticker on the bottom that says GIT.

Hope this helps.

P.S. : Just ordered Royal Water from Scentiments.com. Waiting to see how that compares to the sample I have. The guy at Bergdorf Goodman gave me around 20 samples to try out. Excellent service at the store, totally concentrated on getting me the scent i liked.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the box and bottle before sending it back, but alas my camera is under the weather (a.k.a. broken). Trust me when I tell you that it definitely said "green frich tweed", Docpsycho can back me up on this one. Now its time to just pray for a refund....

Hi all,

I will definatly back you up domer. The dude just refunded my money two days ago after hastling with this since about 4/11/06. I have Creed I bought at Nieman marcus at thier store near the palace of Auburn hills north of Detroit. Not Mail order. The juice was way off in comparison to the Nieman Marcus Juice. No date on the box like all previous creeds I have bought. I sent it back to him as requested for refund but sent it so he would have to sign for it. I tracked it online through the postal web site and he never picked it up even after my repeatidly encouraging him to do so. He finally refunded my money and as far as I know he never picked it up. Weird. If the postal service sends it back to me I will gladly mail it to any of youse guys at my expense for your purousal. I was going to post his name and e-bay name on this site to warn others but I don't know if this is proper basenote ettiquite and didn't want to anger the moderators. Just wanted to warn all of you about this seller.

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Ebay Seller Feedback Thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1138040344

I don't see why you shouldn't post a name. If you don't want to outright say he's selling fakes, just post the facts and don't accuse him of anything.

Thanks propaganda,

I just posted it to the link you sent me.

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

I've a question, does Creed SMW comes in different packaging?

Was that an old packaging or a fake?

It looks like those are too different sizes, 4 fl oz and 2.5 fl oz, respectively. That's probably the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    It looks like those are too different sizes, 4 fl oz and 2.5 fl oz, respectively. *That's probably the difference.
    Oops, thankyou.
    Sorry, my mistake, I was checking out more information and I came across the different pictures used in different websites, didn't realised there is a 4fl oz for Creed as it only comes in 2.5fl oz here.

Quote Originally Posted by spawny
    [quote author=ChrisW link=1145467750/15#26 date=1146813528]It looks like those are too different sizes, 4 fl oz and 2.5 fl oz, respectively. That's probably the difference.
    Oops, thankyou.
    Sorry, my mistake, I was checking out more information and I came across the different pictures used in different websites, didn't realised there is a 4fl oz for Creed as it only comes in 2.5fl oz here.[/quote]

No problem. It could also be the lighting too. The packaging looks the same, just one is more 'white' and other is more 'cream' colored.