Code of Conduct

Default A waste of money

Today I bought Lanvin Oxegene. I smelled the sample and liked it, then at home, I sprayed it on my wrist, then started to notice that I have another one in my wardrope which is very similar. Huh, it's Dunhill X-Centric. (Sigh)

Anyone think it's similar?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: A waste of money

I noticed that Lanvin Oxygen sp is super cheap ($10) at my Marshals. I was thinking of picking it up. How does it last? I do enjoy the light and fresh scent.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Today I bought Lanvin Oxegene. *I smelled the sample and liked it, then at home, I sprayed it on my wrist, then started to notice that I have another one in my wardrope which is very similar. *Huh, it's Dunhill X-Centric. (Sigh)

Anyone think it's similar? *
    I've never smelled Oxygene, but I've seen it described as a "water" or "marine" fragrance. I have X-Centric, and I don't detect any "acquatic" note in it. Maybe that's the difference? BTW, I really like X-Centric when I'm in the mood for something very fresh!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    I noticed that Lanvin Oxygen sp is super cheap ($10) at my Marshals. *I was thinking of picking it up. *How does it last? *I do enjoy the light and fresh scent.
    It lasts all day on me. I didn't think much of it when I smelled it on my wrist. But I bought it when it was dirt cheap here. I recollect writing here at how surprised I was that it was so good in the actual wearing.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't really form a real judgement about the fairly light fougeres and chypres in a wrist test, whereas I can do it with the heavier scents. Too many I thought were duds turned out to be so much more in the wearing (providing they last three hours on my wrist - else they're still duds in my book).
    Renato

I've relooked on the notes of these 2 frags and I think the cypress note makes it similar at some point. Cypress note is outstanding in X-Centric (top note) but in middle note for the Oxegene.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto