Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Guys. This is getting out of hand. It's been more than a week since I found TDH and bought it on spot - well, I sprayed it on my wrist, walked OUT of the store, inhaled it outside, turned around immediately, went back and spent my last money on a 50ml bottle.

    My complaint is - seems like I can't wear anything else anymore. It's been 10 days of wearing one fragrance in a row - an absolute record for me, the second one being Mania, for, like, 6 days I guess couple years ago. And I don't wanna stop.

    On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of. What a brilliant creation. Some put TDH on a same level as Hiris and Bel Ami, but I quietly think that Terre D'Hermes is a cut above. The fragrance shouldnt be 20 years old to be an absolute classic, and Hermes just released one. *

  2. #2

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Totally agree. AMAZINGLY good scent.

    Is this one a mass-released or a boutique only fragrance? I have a decant and need a bottle.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Upright
    Totally agree. AMAZINGLY good scent.

    Is this one a mass-released or a boutique only fragrance? I have a decant and need a bottle.

    Check e-bay. I have seen a few there.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

  4. #4

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Upright
    Totally agree. AMAZINGLY good scent.

    Is this one a mass-released or a boutique only fragrance? I have a decant and need a bottle.
    Here in Russia we have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH there, so I guess it's mass-released.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    How's the longevity with TDH? I appreciate your review, bro.
    Peace ~ Markymark

  6. #6
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    It smells excellent. Earthy, rich and infinitely pleasant. Hints at the note of a particularly pungent herb I like. Longevity could be a little better but is ok. Wouldn't see any reason to complain about liking something to that extent. There aren't many of those. It's a good one. Wear it everyday until it's gone. That would really say something about it.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

    The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.



  7. #7
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of.
    There's a lot of similarity between TdH and H Vetiver Tonka.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

    The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.



  8. #8

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    How's the longevity with TDH? *I appreciate your review, bro. *

    It rides very close to the skin, doesn't project much, and to me it is a plus. As for staying power, I can smell it on my shirt even in the evening after work, and my wife always notices it. So in that respect it's great too.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    It smells excellent. Earthy, rich and infinitely pleasant. Hints at the note of a particularly pungent herb I like. Longevity could be a little better but is ok. Wouldn't see any reason to complain about liking something to that extent. There aren't many of those. It's a good one. Wear it everyday until it's gone. That would really say something about it.
    Thank you. Forgot to mention, it breaks my records as a compliment-getter too. Get one every day I wear it - wife, collegues, friends you name it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    [quote author=Russlan link=1146706712/0#0 date=1146706711]On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of.
    There's a lot of similarity between TdH and H Vetiver Tonka.
    [/quote]

    Wish I tried latter! ;D

  11. #11

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Russlan- I can feel your pain. So many bottles have gathered dust since I added this to my collection.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint



    have just bought a sample of this on ebay and after reading your post I now can`t wait for it to arrive
    and smell that vetiver.Guerlain Vetiver is one of my favourites,love that vetiver smell.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    I feel the exact same way. I got a sample of this and have been wearing it the last few days. I am desperate for a bottle. It's so refined, yet so refreshing. I haven't experienced a summer scent this elegant and full of contrast since YSL's Jazz, and this is much more chic and modern.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Scentiments just got this in recently ... http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...KDNERBPFLCDWEE

  16. #16

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    Guys. This is getting out of hand. It's been more than a week since I found TDH and bought it on spot - well, I sprayed it on my wrist, walked OUT of the store, inhaled it outside, turned around immediately, went back and spent my last money on a 50ml bottle.

    My complaint is - seems like I can't wear anything else anymore. It's been 10 days of wearing one fragrance in a row - an absolute record for me, the second one being Mania, for, like, 6 days I guess couple years ago. And I don't wanna stop.

    On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of. What a brilliant creation. Some put TDH on a same level as Hiris and Bel Ami, but I quietly think that Terre D'Hermes is a cut above. The fragrance shouldnt be 20 years old to be an absolute classic, and Hermes just released one. *
    I agree 100 %! I cannot get enough of it and when I attempt to wear something else, I find myself dreaming of it. The deodorant is amazing also. What a wonderful fragrance and I love it very much, as much as my creeds. I will always have me some! That inscense/pepper accord is so brillant and dries down to something similar to polo green with the spicy pepper still prevalent. What a dreamy fragrance!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?
    We have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH here. I'm in Russia.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    *
    I agree 100 %! I cannot get enough of it and when I attempt to wear something else, I find myself dreaming of it. The deodorant is amazing also. What a wonderful fragrance and I love it very much, as much as my creeds. I will always have me some! That inscense/pepper accord is so brillant and dries down to something similar to polo green with the spicy pepper still prevalent. What a dreamy fragrance!
    you know what. Today I've changed my fragrance for the first time, I'm wearing Orange Leaves by L'Occitane. But did that DECIDEDLY - not to get burned off, to get myself a fresh start of tomorrow. ;D Miss TDH very much already!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    [quote author=ChrisW link=1146706712/0#12 date=1146760290]Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?
    We have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH here. I'm in Russia.[/quote]

    Oh ok, thanks.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Ordered mine a few days ago...man oh man i'm psyched...haven't felt this anxious(sp?) since i ordered my Piper Nigrum or MI. *:

  21. #21

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    I didn't like this much when I tried it. Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

    I so hope I don't like this next time I spray it on.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I didn't like this much when I tried it. Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

    I so hope I don't like this next time I spray it on.
    --Chris
    Chris, man.. same here..

    Great post Russlan

  23. #23

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I didn't like this much when I tried it. *Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

    I so hope I don't like this next time I spray it on.
    --Chris
    Its ok Chris, we'll forgive you. There is nothing more special that to see someone discover a fragrance for the first time. I used to love that feeling when I tutored people in Calculus and that light bulb all the sudden goes off. I hope you do discover it and enjoy it. There is no shame in a recant as I have done it myself. Terre D' Hermes is very special and that inscence/pepper accord on top of a masculine, lush green heaven has me in awe. That citrus accord in the top notes is there but dissapears and as far as I am concerned, that part of it is the only association, a faint one at that, to the other JCE creations. Having said that, I view my bottle as a unique entity in my drobe and I always plan to have some. In a way, it is like Kyoto meets polo green. Enjoy!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    I wish IdB been here, in my city... So I could try and maybe buy TDH now
    Vetiver The Great!!!

  25. #25

    Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I didn't like this much when I tried it. Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

    I so hope I don't like this next time I spray it on.
    --Chris
    LOL
    I'll be enjoying it when you do so, Chris. Very elegant fragrance.

Similar Threads

  1. Episode XIII - Will it be the 'Return of Terre d'Hermes'?
    By TwoRoads in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th May 2008, 05:36 AM
  2. But it's Terre d'Hermes :(
    By Mostapha in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 18th March 2008, 07:03 PM
  3. Finally got terre d'hermes
    By emes in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21st January 2008, 05:25 AM
  4. My reviews of Dior Homme and Terre d'Hermes
    By Indie_Guy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 26th May 2006, 11:47 PM
  5. More on upcoming Terre d'Hermès.
    By cedriceccentric in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21st May 2006, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •