Code of Conduct

Default Terre D'Hermes Complaint

Guys. This is getting out of hand. It's been more than a week since I found TDH and bought it on spot - well, I sprayed it on my wrist, walked OUT of the store, inhaled it outside, turned around immediately, went back and spent my last money on a 50ml bottle.

My complaint is - seems like I can't wear anything else anymore. It's been 10 days of wearing one fragrance in a row - an absolute record for me, the second one being Mania, for, like, 6 days I guess couple years ago. And I don't wanna stop.

On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of. What a brilliant creation. Some put TDH on a same level as Hiris and Bel Ami, but I quietly think that Terre D'Hermes is a cut above. The fragrance shouldnt be 20 years old to be an absolute classic, and Hermes just released one. *

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Complaint

Totally agree. AMAZINGLY good scent.

Is this one a mass-released or a boutique only fragrance? I have a decant and need a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Upright

Is this one a mass-released or a boutique only fragrance? I have a decant and need a bottle.

Check e-bay. I have seen a few there.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Upright

Here in Russia we have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH there, so I guess it's mass-released.

How's the longevity with TDH? I appreciate your review, bro.
    Peace ~ Markymark

It smells excellent. Earthy, rich and infinitely pleasant. Hints at the note of a particularly pungent herb I like. Longevity could be a little better but is ok. Wouldn't see any reason to complain about liking something to that extent. There aren't many of those. It's a good one. Wear it everyday until it's gone. That would really say something about it.
    "...The history of perfumery before this subdivision of niche was manufactured, both literally and imaginatively, is a long one, with thousands upon thousands of fragrances. The true fragrance lover takes each fragrance one at a time, and examines it preferably outside of the imaginatively manufactured categories and, in doing so, builds up a steady, informed basis for seasoned comparative judgments based on the sampling and information gathered from such sampling. This is why any one on the board who ever has anything particular interesting to say about fragrances as fragrances rather than as categorical constructs always has an abiding interest and passion for all kinds of fragrances and not just a narrow niche of fragrances. Conversely, the "niche whores," the more and more narrow their interests become, the more and more they mimic the ad copy of the very companies they worship. I know whose posts I like to read..."

“Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,” .......... “A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Book recommendations:

Perfumes: The A-Z Guide
    The Emperor of Scent
    The Perfect Scent
    Scent and Chemistry

Feeding the Monster: IFRA and the EU Parliament
    www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

-http://www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of.
    There's a lot of similarity between TdH and H Vetiver Tonka.
    "...The history of perfumery before this subdivision of niche was manufactured, both literally and imaginatively, is a long one, with thousands upon thousands of fragrances. The true fragrance lover takes each fragrance one at a time, and examines it preferably outside of the imaginatively manufactured categories and, in doing so, builds up a steady, informed basis for seasoned comparative judgments based on the sampling and information gathered from such sampling. This is why any one on the board who ever has anything particular interesting to say about fragrances as fragrances rather than as categorical constructs always has an abiding interest and passion for all kinds of fragrances and not just a narrow niche of fragrances. Conversely, the "niche whores," the more and more narrow their interests become, the more and more they mimic the ad copy of the very companies they worship. I know whose posts I like to read..."

“Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,” .......... “A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Book recommendations:

Perfumes: The A-Z Guide
    The Emperor of Scent
    The Perfect Scent
    Scent and Chemistry

Feeding the Monster: IFRA and the EU Parliament
    www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

-http://www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    How's the longevity with TDH? *I appreciate your review, bro. *

It rides very close to the skin, doesn't project much, and to me it is a plus. As for staying power, I can smell it on my shirt even in the evening after work, and my wife always notices it. So in that respect it's great too.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    It smells excellent. Earthy, rich and infinitely pleasant. Hints at the note of a particularly pungent herb I like. Longevity could be a little better but is ok. Wouldn't see any reason to complain about liking something to that extent. There aren't many of those. It's a good one. Wear it everyday until it's gone. That would really say something about it.
    Thank you. Forgot to mention, it breaks my records as a compliment-getter too. Get one every day I wear it - wife, collegues, friends you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    [quote author=Russlan link=1146706712/0#0 date=1146706711]On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of.
    There's a lot of similarity between TdH and H Vetiver Tonka.
    [/quote]

Wish I tried latter! ;D

Russlan- I can feel your pain. So many bottles have gathered dust since I added this to my collection.

have just bought a sample of this on ebay and after reading your post I now can`t wait for it to arrive
    and smell that vetiver.Guerlain Vetiver is one of my favourites,love that vetiver smell.

Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?

I feel the exact same way. I got a sample of this and have been wearing it the last few days. I am desperate for a bottle. It's so refined, yet so refreshing. I haven't experienced a summer scent this elegant and full of contrast since YSL's Jazz, and this is much more chic and modern.

Scentiments just got this in recently ... http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...KDNERBPFLCDWEE

Guys. This is getting out of hand. It's been more than a week since I found TDH and bought it on spot - well, I sprayed it on my wrist, walked OUT of the store, inhaled it outside, turned around immediately, went back and spent my last money on a 50ml bottle.

My complaint is - seems like I can't wear anything else anymore. It's been 10 days of wearing one fragrance in a row - an absolute record for me, the second one being Mania, for, like, 6 days I guess couple years ago. And I don't wanna stop.

On a side note. Another name would fit TDH just fine - Vetiver D'Hermes. It has an absolutely exquisite vetiver accord I can't get enough of. What a brilliant creation. Some put TDH on a same level as Hiris and Bel Ami, but I quietly think that Terre D'Hermes is a cut above. The fragrance shouldnt be 20 years old to be an absolute classic, and Hermes just released one. *
    I agree 100 %! I cannot get enough of it and when I attempt to wear something else, I find myself dreaming of it. The deodorant is amazing also. What a wonderful fragrance and I love it very much, as much as my creeds. I will always have me some! That inscense/pepper accord is so brillant and dries down to something similar to polo green with the spicy pepper still prevalent. What a dreamy fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?
    We have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH here. I'm in Russia.

I agree 100 %! I cannot get enough of it and when I attempt to wear something else, I find myself dreaming of it. The deodorant is amazing also. What a wonderful fragrance and I love it very much, as much as my creeds. I will always have me some! That inscense/pepper accord is so brillant and dries down to something similar to polo green with the spicy pepper still prevalent. What a dreamy fragrance!
    you know what. Today I've changed my fragrance for the first time, I'm wearing Orange Leaves by L'Occitane. But did that DECIDEDLY - not to get burned off, to get myself a fresh start of tomorrow. ;D Miss TDH very much already!

[quote author=ChrisW link=1146706712/0#12 date=1146760290]Hey Russlan, where did you purchase TdH?
    We have a nationwide chain of perfume stores called Ile De Beaute. They carry TDH here. I'm in Russia.[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks.

Ordered mine a few days ago...man oh man i'm psyched...haven't felt this anxious(sp?) since i ordered my Piper Nigrum or MI. *:

I didn't like this much when I tried it. Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

I so hope I don't like this next time I spray it on.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    I didn't like this much when I tried it. Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

--Chris
    Chris, man.. same here..

Great post Russlan

I didn't like this much when I tried it. *Now I'll have to try it again, and I hope I don't start liking it because then I'll have to go through the embarrassing process of eating my earlier words all because of you guys.

--Chris
    Its ok Chris, we'll forgive you. There is nothing more special that to see someone discover a fragrance for the first time. I used to love that feeling when I tutored people in Calculus and that light bulb all the sudden goes off. I hope you do discover it and enjoy it. There is no shame in a recant as I have done it myself. Terre D' Hermes is very special and that inscence/pepper accord on top of a masculine, lush green heaven has me in awe. That citrus accord in the top notes is there but dissapears and as far as I am concerned, that part of it is the only association, a faint one at that, to the other JCE creations. Having said that, I view my bottle as a unique entity in my drobe and I always plan to have some. In a way, it is like Kyoto meets polo green. Enjoy!

I wish IdB been here, in my city... So I could try and maybe buy TDH now
    Vetiver The Great!!!

--Chris
    LOL
    I'll be enjoying it when you do so, Chris. Very elegant fragrance.