Code of Conduct

Default Jack Black Liquid Magnetism Signature Black Mark E

Has anyone tried this?

The notes sound intriguing.

Kashmir Saffron, Fresh Coriander, Red Cedar, Rich Leather

Default Re: Jack Black Liquid Magnetism Signature Black Ma

Do a search. I seem to remember these frags have been discussed recently.

I smelled Black at my local Nordy's and was very impressed. It's a distinctive and heady fragrance that also smelled refined and well made.

Recently someone posted an internet link to Nordstrom where they were offering one ounce bottles of all three scents for less than one full-priced bottle.

here is the norstrom 3 1oz set

I've tried this one and liked it. Very spicy and refined smelling. The cedar is by far the dominant note. The only problem wiht it is that it doesn't really evolve much.

I bought the trio set and Black Mark is the best. Actually, all three aren't bad ... but the other 2 are kinda more "common" scents.

Basenotes Plus

Based on a suggestion on the ladies board, I started exploring more of the gentlemen's fragrances today. I found this jewel. I liked all three of the fragrances but the Black Mark just had to come home with me. It really warms on my skin, turning into a lush leathery spice. Hey, us women enjoy our leathers too!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I'll add my 2 cents here--the Black Mark is ludicrously good. The cedar puts it in the same family as Gucci PH, Rush, Visit, etc., but the JB is mellower and a tad sweeter too. Probably my favorite purchase of 2005.

I was at Nordstrom's with my gf tonight buying some Anthony Logistics shave gel --she smelled the JB Blue Mark and loved it. I sprayed some on my arm, and now I love it too. A good, fresh smelling scent.

Great, that's another $65 I'll be spending on cologne. :
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Tried this at Von Maur a few weeks ago...needless to say, I wasn't impressed at all. I even had to run to the bathroom to scrub it off because of those harsh top notes.

Maybe I'll give it another try soon, though, as I didn't wait for the drydown.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I tested this today and I agree with the similarity to Gucci Rush/Azzaro Visit and also close to Versace Black Jeans. However, I think this may be the least lasting frag I have ever tried. Lasted less than a hour and a half on my skin 2 different times. Direct contrast to my testing yesterday of Le Dandy which practically lingered from my morning shower to going to bed 18 hours later.

Default Re: Jack Black Liquid Magnetism Signature Black Mark E

Does anyone know where this might be on sale for less than the $65 price? A quick check of a few sites shows it's still full price. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicemeister View Post
    Does anyone know where this might be on sale for less than the $65 price? A quick check of a few sites shows it's still full price. Thanks.
    I don't think anywhere has it for less than that.

Thrax

I used to have a bottle of this. Actually I used to have all three bottles in the 3.3oz form. Black Mark is by far my favorite one. Black Mark is to cedar wood what Sequoia is to welll.....Sequoia!! My friend Jeff told me, "You smell like an angel." That scared me...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Black Mark is to cedar wood what Sequoia is to welll.....Sequoia!! My friend Jeff told me, "You smell like an angel." That scared me...
    Haha, good to know I suppose. I've been trying to find somewhere to sample this. They didn't have any at the Nords I went to (Downtown Seattle)

I guess my main response to my first (and last) test of Black Mark, "Is this all there is?" It has nice notes, including cedar and an accent of leather, and I wear only masculine scents, as opposed to unisex or feminine ones, but it still failed to impress me...maybe it's just my chemistry. At the start, like MFfan310, I found the top notes harsh, like dry cereal and wood chips that had been left in the oven until right at the burning point. On drydown, that softened about halfway, plus there was some creaminess and very slight sweetness (almost tonka-like), but what also emerged was a very slight marijuana note. I found the whole construction a bit thin, like some artisinal scents, like it could've used another note to prop it up and fill it out. It had average longevity, but stayed fairly light, even though I put on four sprays.

Black Mark reminded me a little of either Curzon by GF Trumper (or was it Eucris?) or Grafton by Truefitt & Hill--I can't remember which, since I haven't tried those for a few years--another that was on the leathery, harsh and spicy side. I think I would prefer that one to this one, which I'm passing on. I also think this is one to test first and not buy blind, though with all the other positive reviews, it might be great on you.