Code of Conduct

Default Floris Eau de Santal Extreme

Hi guys,

I bought this great fragrance today but seem to have some trouble finding out where it belongs in the Floris collection. There's a Santal one named just 'Santal', and mine named 'Eau de Santal Extreme'. Is my one the EDP? The bottle doesn't list so, but it doesn't mention that it's an EDT either.

In the Basenotes directory I could only find 'Santal' and 'Santal Intense'. I hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks,

BrothaG
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Floris Eau de Santal Extreme

Hey, BrothaG, I've got that one too. Good news. It is the one we call Santal Extreme for convenience here, and it is edp. For sure.

Floris makes another sandalwood scent besides the non extreme Santal, called Sandalwood, which is the one in the classics collection. But what you've got is the good stuff for sure.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Hey, BrothaG, I've got that one too. *Good news. *It is the one we call Santal Extreme for convenience here, and it is edp. *For sure.

Floris makes another sandalwood scent besides the non extreme Santal, called Sandalwood, which is the one in the classics collection. *But what you've got is the good stuff for sure.
    --Chris
    Thanks, Chris! Good to know you love it as much as I do. The Floris site wasn't very helpful, so I'm glad I figured it out. We might have to let this one be added to the Basenotes directory?

I own the EDT and loved it so I bought a decant of the extreme version from a fellow member and like it even more.

This is a deep, multi-faceted fragrance that's very formal and very masculine. A must-have, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Upright
    I own the EDT and loved it so I bought a decant of the extreme version from a fellow member and like it even more.

This is a deep, multi-faceted fragrance that's very formal and very masculine. A must-have, at least for me.
    Exactly what I thought. Very elegant, great combination of wood and spices, yet it remains subtle and very complex.

Post Thanks / Like

Eau de Santal is the EdT version and Eau de Santal Extreme is the EdP version.
    We generally call the EdT version simply Floris Santal on this discussion board.

The directory calls the EdP version Santal Intense, which is a typo I have reported,
    but it hasn't been fixed yet.

Both are excellent fragrances.

Floris Sandalwood is an older fragrance, which I understand is a more straight-ahead
    sandalwood scent.

Enjoy Santal Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy
    Eau de Santal is the EdT version and Eau de Santal Extreme is the EdP version.
    We generally call the EdT version simply Floris Santal on this discussion board.

The directory calls the EdP version Santal Intense, which is a typo I have reported,
    but it hasn't been fixed yet.

Both are excellent fragrances.

Floris Sandalwood is an older fragrance, which I understand is a more straight-ahead
    sandalwood scent.

Enjoy Santal Extreme.
    I see, thanks for clearing out that typo, now I can finally add it to my wardrobe!

I saw the Extreme version the other day in Columbus Ohio at CO Bigelow. I will have to check this out. Floris also had a new scent ..... I don't remember the name...It was a very nice scent from what I remember....On the old school side.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I recetly tried decants of a number of fragrances in the woody/incensy/sandalwood line, including Floris Santal Intense/Extreme, Tam Dao, LV Incensi, LV Sandalo, CdG Palisander, etc.
    After careful consideration and long wearing tests, for me Santal Intense/Extreme comes on top of all those great contenders, as the most balanced and intoxicating of the lot. Some say there's no sandalwood in it, but to me it definitely smells of sandalwood; a slight ambery note makes it warmer and richer than LV, but it stays masculine unlike Trumpers Sandalwood which turns too sweet on me. Tam Dao is great, but Santal Intense has more sillage and balance.
    So, congratulations for your purchase ; I myself now plan to go for the full bottle.