Code of Conduct

Default Is it me, or does Angel and A*Men smell the same

I sampled Angel for women today and I swear it smelled almost identical to A*men.
    Did I miss something, or are these two essentially the same juice? I think I would consider both gourmand unisex fragrances ( maybe thats redundant ). Help me understand please.

Default Re: Is it me, or does Angel and A*Men smell the sa

I think A*men smells more like Animale Animale and Angel smells more like Coco Chanel. That is just my nose. I don't really see that much of a similarity and certaily not enough to call them the 'same' fragrance. They are very one sided in terms of gender. I think they are each put in their rightful categories. Unisex, I just don't see it in either...

EnvYuS

To me they are quite different. A*men is a more rough with almost "burned" quality to it. Must be that patchouli-tar-styrax combo meets coffee and chocolate.
    Angel for women is way smoother. It is also more fruity, and it has floral notes mixed with that caramel-vanilla-chocolate base.

Definitely not the same - one is a girly scent which knocks over countless poor unsuspecting males every year (I'm a victim).

The burned tar and coffee and that other note (also present in B*men, whatever it is) in the male version, are definitely absent from the female version.

Your nose must be more attuned to specific notes present in both.
    Renato

Well I have "studied" both scents, and I can tell you they ARE different. I had once sprayed two testing papers at the same time, one with A*Men and the other with Angel, and after about 2 hours I looked for them in my pocket, and could totaly tell which was which.

I think that they share some qualities. Like having a same base juice that could probably be the combination of their shared notes such as Bergamot, Helional, Patchouli, Chocolate, Caramel and Vanilla, but apart form this, the notes that make them unique, do stand out giving the male and female quality. They put honey, berries and these kinds of notes for the women's version and peppermint, coffe and tar for the mens version. I think its actually a brilliant work of perfumery, both in terms of single perfumes as well as interpretation of Angel for a Men's version. Like keeping the unisex notes such as vanilla and adding manly notes such as tar!

I find A*MEN better than Angel for woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Definitely not the same - one is a girly scent which knocks over countless poor unsuspecting males every year (I'm a victim).
    yes, definitely not the same - one is a girly scent which knocks over countless poor unsuspecting males every year. and the other is Angel.

i kid.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

They are extremely similiar but amen has more of a dark chocolatey feel to it than angel. More candy and carameley too than angel. I dont think they are exact copies of each other like aramis 900 is to aeromatics elixir or aliage is to aramis devin or JHL is to cinnabar.
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    [quote author=Renato link=1146624561/0#3 date=1146630918]Definitely not the same - one is a girly scent which knocks over countless poor unsuspecting males every year (I'm a victim).
    yes, definitely not the same - one is a girly scent which knocks over countless poor unsuspecting males every year. *and the other is Angel.

i kid.
    [/quote]
    I should hope so >
    Renato
    ( )

I find that Angel for women is "darker" and less sweet with a heavy dose of patchouli. A*men is sweeter and "brighter".

Bottom line: It is you, angel and a*men dont smell the same

Angel is very masculine with a heady patchouli spicy tobacco note that runs throught the scent. Its this note that lingers mega sillage and make the scent so noticable in the crowd.

Where A*Men is very female smelling for its much more sweeter then Angel almost candy like. Also this scent lacks the dark depth of tobacco patcholi that Angel for women carries.