Code of Conduct

Default Everyday scent, change frequently?

I am just thought about fragrance usage for everyday. Do you guys change scents very frequently (daily, weekly …)? I have some scents (not much) and usually pick up something appropriate (in my mind) for special occasions. For every day, I usually hesitate, do not know why, to change fragrances frequently. Thinking like it is my “logo” and I should not change them randomly. Usually I pick up something and wear for prolonged time, let say for half or even year or when the bottle just runs out.
    What do you think?

Default Re: Everyday scent, change frequently?

I try to change them daily and barely wear a fragrance 2 days on a row or longer. I do this to prevent olfactory fatigue (and to adapt them to my mood) and think it works better than to wear stuff for a long period and get too used to it. It's indeed an expensive routine but samples and stuff like that work well.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I like to change it up everyday but not because I like to change it. I like to get out of the shower and feel what kind of day it is and then look at what I can choose from.

I pick a new one everyday because I feel different and the weather has changed and there is something different to do each day. I don't think that changing it is bad or good. It is just a preference of how often you like to wear certain smells.

EnvYuS

I`m fairly new to this myself,I like to wear a frag 2-3 days at a time.I find that in doing it this way I can get a better understanding of the notes, and over 3 days I remember more about it`s sillage and longevity.

I normally will have a small set of fragrances that I consider suitable for the office and pick one of those as the mood takes me. In that mode it is not unusual to wear the same thing all week. I will generally wear something else in the evening if I am going out and during the weekend. Since my favorites are more of the eveningwear type, I do look for excuses.

Right now I'm going through an expansion and exploration, so I've been trying a different sample about every day. Monday evening I picked up samples of Antaeus and Eternity Summer and there were three samples in the box Mouchoir de Monsieur showed up in. So I'll be changing daily for a while before I settle back down into a routine (or maybe this spree will go on!).