Code of Conduct

Default Flour/flower + wood = Bois Farine!

Interestingly enough, farine in French is flour, and flower is its direct English homonym.

If truth be told, this stuff is simply magical. I know of no other fragrance that sets the mood just right for a relaxing moment that transports the wearer completely away from the day-to-day grind. Not to overwork a cliché or undermine the text provided on the inner liner of the sample card, but this puppy is so smooth and caressing, I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it from the get-go.

Anxious am I to purchase a full bottle to wear extravagantly whenever the mood strikes. After a good spritz of it last night, I awoke this morning with a slightly sweet, slightly woody, slighty pasty residue on my t-shirt that reminded me surprisingly of oatmeal cookies and almond nougat.

A truly wonderful fragrance with the same cookie-dough quality of Tam Dao at opening and the slight fruity/saltiness of Millesime Impériale. The AP salesman explained that the flower is cracked open and its interior exudes a mossy, cottony mass that literally reeks of freshly baked bread flecked with chipped peanuts.

I'd be interested to hear how you feel about this (not recently discussed) gem?

Should we buy a bottle (CAN$95 for 50 ml / CAN$125 for 125 ml + 15.7% tax)?

Mario

Default Re: Flour/flower + wood = Bois Farine!

Quote Originally Posted by mariodefior
    After a good spritz of it last night, I awoke this morning with a slightly sweet, slightly woody, slighty pasty residue on my t-shirt that reminded me surprisingly of oatmeal cookies and almond nougat.

I like to wear Bois Farine from time to time. for me it's more flour than peanut. BTW, I can't quite see your description above making it into the advertising campaign!!

AZTEC

Aztec: My only thought was to leave a passing comment on a scent I have recently discovered.

Please let me know if my opinions have to be critique-quality to qualify from a read-through from you.

Regards,

Mario

I`d say it`s bitter almond-like smelling - or even poisonous cianide...
    Girl wearing it smells very nice and distinct relax - but on me it`s harsh and struggling scent... Better I refuse
    Vetiver The Great!!!

This is IPaidForThisName's favorite scent (at least this week!) and he kindly provided me a decant when I first joined B'notes and started collecting in earnest.

I wore it for a day, came home and tossed it in the trash (sorry J!!!) I have never done this to a fragrance before or since.

I'm glad some people like it, but it was just repulsive on me. WEIRDEST scent since Dzing!, and not in a good way. For me (the usual disclaimer).

I just discovered this scent last week at a local store and bought a big bottle - can't get enough - no regrets.

Sorry to hear it was your first bottle in the trash, but there's always a first time - I still remember throwing away my first bottle.

I adore it, probably my grail. The most comforting almond pastrie peanutty dough thing going on. Unfortunately not many in my proximity have reacted positively toward it - mant seem to think that it s REALLY weird - funny since I bought it the same minute I first smelled it....
    BTW BF lasts an eternity on me, easily the strongest L'Artisan.

mmm

Quote Originally Posted by mariodefior
    Aztec: My only thought was to leave a passing comment on a scent I have recently discovered.

Please let me know if my opinions have to be critique-quality to qualify from a read-through from you.

Regards, Mario
    Mario, I enjoyed your comment. *I think you may have misunderstood me: *what I meant was that perfume companies would probably not mention 'waking up to find a pasty residue' in their advertising blurb. (more's the pity!).

It was not a dig at you and I hope you share more comments like this with us.

AZTEC

Aztec: Thanks for clarifying. I must admit I was somewhat taken aback but now understand that I had misinterpreted your comment.

Mario

I run through this like water and therefore ration it like single malt. I don't get almond from it; instead I get a child's paste, kindergarten paste made from salt and flour, with a bit of Home Depot cabinetry section thrown on top. It's pretty thin on me and probably not worth the expense considering, but I'd buy it again. No sillage either. Just kind of atmospheric and caught on a tiny wind.

Bois Farine is my favourite fragrance. There is absolutely nothing like it. It is the most innovative and brilliant fragrance I have ever smelled.

Right now I'm on the verge, the peanuty opening still holds me back, but I'm afraid I'm gonna fall for this one sooner or later!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    Bois Farine is my favourite fragrance. There is absolutely nothing like it. It is the most innovative and brilliant fragrance I have ever smelled.
    Hey there...Do you still feel the same?
    I'm looking in to getting this one.

At first, i wasnt shure about thise one. But is i wore it today at work, im sold!. So subtle and calming. Truly smells like fresh bread, flour, flowers and peanuts. If this isnt considered as a gourmand, it should be!! I wll go as far as saying this is the best gourmand i have ewer tried. And i think this is something you can wear at anytime, any weather, anywhere. Ill propably wear this at summer too( just have to get a bottle :-/ )

This and Tea for Two are in there own class. Long live Artisan!!

bois farine is pleasant, but smells exactly like a certain type of chinese dessert that i can't place. for this reason i can't wear it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

This is easily my favorite L'artisan scent. I love peanut butter, so naturally I would love the smell of it. It actually doesn't smell like peanuts though. It's an abstract take of it. It's more similar to the shell of a peanut. I agree with the above statement that this is a gourmand scent. Although it starts off with a strong woody note, it dries down to a soft and powdery iris. I can't get enough of it. However, it's not that easy to wear. It's very unique and different from a lot of frags out there so you'll never know how people are going to react to it. My girlfriend absolutely hates it. She won't even come close to me when I'm wearing it. So I have to wear it on days when I don't see her. If you're looking into L'artisan scents, this is one that I highly recommend you sampling, especially if you're fond of weird scents like Dzing! and such.

Reviving this thread to say that it's a mesmerising scent, and I'm not even sure I mean that as a compliment! Some days it's a strange and beautiful creature, other times I get nothing but peanuts from start to finish. If you are looking for an unusual wood scent, or a gourmand with an edge, give Bois Farine a try.

Very nice scent indeed.