Code of Conduct

Default The Scent of Peace first impressions

This is my first post. I have been a lurker for quite a while and I thought I would try contributing.
    I gotta say, I want to love this fragrance just because of the bottle. When you first spray it on your skin it is all back currant and grapefruit (especially black currant), very candy-like. It comes across as very feminine at first but the black currant settles down enough and the grapefruit balances it out to be considered unisex. There is a slight, very slight floral scent which I am assuming is lily of the valley. I would say this is definitely a spring/summer scent as its light and not overpowering. I did not detect it after about 2 hours but I will have to wear it more to be sure. It is a nice change from all the orange citrus scents that come out around this time for summer. With that being said, it is just too simple and light for the money. $120 for a 1.7 oz. bottle. To me, if you slapped an Eternity or CK One summer sticker on this and priced it at $55 I would say it was a great summer scent that is worth checking out, at $120 I have to say there is better out there.

Default Re: The Scent of Peace first impressions

Welcome to basenotes! We appreciate your first impressions of that particular fragrances. I have been waiting to read someone's opinion and it sounds like I can wait on that one.

Welcome snakes, and thanks for the review!

Welcome S@L to Basenotes. I appreciate your review. You already have learned a good thing about Basenotes -- test first.

With that being said, it is just too simple and light for the money. $120 for a 1.7 oz. bottle.
    I would be curious as to what others feel about the longevity. Smokin' hot bottle though - but like you, I want to get some millage out of the frag especially at that price.

Peace man,
    mm

Peace ~ Markymark