Code of Conduct

Default Well-travelled Frags

I was inspired by a comment made by Joel_Cairo a few minutes ago.

How far have you gone to buy a bottle of perfume?

Also- Is there a bottle in your collection that has travelled around the world with you? Or, what bottle has travelled the most?

It would also be interesting to hear about swaps that crossed the planet.

For me- I don't usually bring frags with me to deployed locations, but I did buy a bottle of Issey Miyake in Hahn, Germany. Oh, and my bottle of crest toothpaste has been from Minnesota to mexico to canada to germany, qatar, iraq, and ireland (the bottle is convenient for travelling). I know it's not a frag, but it deserves to be mentioned for its indomitable spirit and minty fresh flavor.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: Well-travelled Frags

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I was inspired by a comment made by Joel_Cairo a few minutes ago.

How far have you gone to buy a bottle of perfume?

Also- Is there a bottle in your collection that has travelled around the world with you? Or, what bottle has travelled the most?

It would also be interesting to hear about swaps that crossed the planet.

For me- I don't usually bring frags with me to deployed locations, but I did buy a bottle of Issey Miyake in Hahn, Germany. Oh, and my bottle of crest toothpaste has been from Minnesota to mexico to canada to germany, qatar, iraq, and ireland (the bottle is convenient for travelling). I know it's not a frag, but it deserves to be mentioned for its indomitable spirit and minty fresh flavor.

-ben
    Yup, CK Contradiction

My mother who runs a store in Venice, Italy got it from the authorised dealer in Milan, she gave it to me and I sold it here in NZ to someone in Australia
    MikeD on Chaz by Revlon: "I knew a lady who took one sniff and said "bug spray." I never told the guy what she said, but the termites disappeared, oddly enough."

I bought Chanel Egoiste in the Cayman Islands, because it isn't available in UK shops. I also bought CK Obsession and Truth there, because they were so cheap.

And I took one of the travel sprays of Egoiste Platinum all the way round the world, on my honeymoon. It's also been to other countries with me since then, such as Spain and Portugal.

I bought my bottle of Kouros in the Netherlands. It has traveled with me to the Bahrain, Mexico, the US, Japan, and Taiwan.

Blog Entries

I got my bottles of Harry Potter EDT from an ebay seller in Singapore, does that count?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

I bought my bottle of Kouros in the Netherlands. *It has traveled with me to the Bahrain, Mexico, the US, Japan, and Taiwan.
    Interesting. That's a variety of trips. Why Kouros?
    "You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid." Michel Foucault

I had a single bottle of Estee Lauder Pleasures that made this trip before it was finally empty:

Philippines -> Singapore -> Philippines -> Singapore -> Germany -> France -> Italy -> Singapore -> San Francisco -> Singapore -> Philippines -> Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    [quote author=foetidus link=1146230585/0#3 date=1146237351]

I bought my bottle of Kouros in the Netherlands. *It has traveled with me to the Bahrain, Mexico, the US, Japan, and Taiwan.
    Interesting. That's a variety of trips. Why Kouros?
    [/quote]

Why not Kouros?

Actually, most of the places are hot countries and I don't use Kouros that often in those places, so the 3.3 ounce has lasted for over three years. But I always have to have my Kouros.

My bottle of Chrome travelled with me to Hawaii and Italy...

Los Angeles to Paris to Los Angeles. Visited the Andree Putman designed boutique of Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It was worth the visit. I'm actually going back to Paris in late Summer. Can you recommend other niche fragrance houses while I"m there?- Thanks!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Ralph Lauren Purple Label has been to India and back.

Guerlain Vetiver and TM Cologne are going to go to Turkey with me this summer.